Sign in to follow this  
Ephedrin

How to get rid of trim pause?

Hi Oliver,

I've been away from the sim since Feb and a lot has changed on all sides so I really need advice. I am almost sure that when I used AAO for the elevator trim back then this trim pause after the first button press and the repetition which is built in the sim was not there in AAO. Now I assigned my trim buttons to "ELEV_TRIM_UP/DN" and the trim stops half a second before it continues. Obviously this is totally unrealistic and in reality it would even be extremely dangerous. FSUIPC for example added this behaviour to make sure that buttons only get pressed once but there is an option in their .ini file to remove it. I have searched the AAO folders but wasn't able to find anything and neither could I find anything in the documentation. Is there any way to remove this behaviour so that a button repeats itself immediately if held down?

8 hours ago, Ephedrin said:

I have searched the AAO folders but wasn't able to find anything and neither could I find anything in the documentation. Is there any way to remove this behaviour so that a button repeats itself immediately if held down?

You can't find it because there is no such functionality. There is no pre-programmed delay in AAO with "repeat". Nobody ever reported anything like this either. Which suggests that what you are seeing may have a different cause. Can you please post screenshots of those button assignments, so we have a reference to test against?

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Oliver,

I'm sorry, it was my fault. Your answer made me frown since I was sure that there was no trim delay after the first button depress and so I was quite baffled last night. I checked my whole hardware setup IN THE SIM again and my GA autopilot button box had elevator trim up and down assigned to one of its rotary knobs which I use via AAO. It seems that once I had used that knob the sim added this button delay even though it's not part of AAO. At least I can't explain it in any other way and after I deleted it the delay is gone.

Thanks for the heads uip 😃 

Marc