Sign in to follow this  
Mets737

Milviz Cessna 310 Releasing May 4, 2022!

Steam gauges dont fix the crash on exit after SU9.

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

Yes.  We are aware of and will fix the bug this week.

• Like 2

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

On 4/30/2022 at 5:41 PM, Fielder said:

We’re not. Pilots flying with technically advanced aircraft displays kill themselves more often than steam gauge aviators—almost twice the rate, according to the NTSB."

Is this from a recent study?  Glass in GA is still fairly new - for instance the Cirrus had a poor safety record initially because many pilots did not have training on the G1000 etc.  And is the NTSB saying the cause of these accidents was solely due to glass equipped cockpits?  Perhaps it's a lack of training.  Glass irl is incredible - we've got dual G5's and a GNS430W in the plane I fly - it's so much nicer for situational awareness / traffic/weather.  Many of the navigational principles are still the same.  Anyway I'd just like to read the article if you have a link to it.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

On 4/30/2022 at 3:41 PM, Fielder said:

Pilots flying with technically advanced aircraft displays kill themselves more often than steam gauge aviators—almost twice the rate, according to the NTSB."

I actually just renew my CFI two month ago and never learn anything about it? They main reason of GA accident was still "loss controls in flight". Can you give me a link to this new find?

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

12 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

we've got dual G5's and a GNS430W in the plane I fly - it's so much nicer for situational awareness / traffic/weather.  Many of the navigational principles are still the same.  Anyway I'd just like to read the article if you have a link to it.

Exactly my point! I just upgraded my aircraft with dual G5 and Avidyne 440 retrofit traded in for old GNS430W. Way more easier to fly instruments than before!

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

1 hour ago, FakeWayne said:

Anyone have a chance to give this baby a spin in VR yet?  

Yep. Works great and looks great 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ryanbatc said:

Anyway I'd just like to read the article if you have a link to it.

I’d like to read as well. If it is on AvWeb, it’s classic Paul Bertorelli. And he’s usually not prone to hyperbole…sarcasm yes. Usually if you dig deeper into his articles, he’ll note that the headline doesn’t tell the whole story. While I usually don’t find a reason to dispute his statistics, I’ll bet even he concludes that there is more behind them than simply a cockpit full of glass. 

Chris

At any rate, it's nice of MV to include options for simmers.  Some people will be happy with just nav/comm and a vor/dme.  I like to have the ability to fly more approaches because I tend to fly into tiny airports - many of the NDB's are gone in the US anyway now.  I suppose other parts of the world still have them though.

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I seem to have trouble finding the article that I read yesterday and was quoting from. But I think it was a later article from this same magazine Aviation Safety. This one is from 2019

https://www.aviationsafetymagazine.com/features/dissecting-the-ntsbs-glass-panel-study/

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Was published earlier than I stated:

Actually was "Published: April 29, 2010 Updated: October 29, 2019"

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

31 minutes ago, Fielder said:

I seem to have trouble finding the article that I read yesterday and was quoting from. But I think it was a later article from this same magazine Aviation Safety. This one is from 2019

https://www.aviationsafetymagazine.com/features/dissecting-the-ntsbs-glass-panel-study/

Thanks for that. Jeb Burnside is another of my favorite aviation writers. As I suspected, the interpretation of that study generates more questions than answers. I’d be interested to see how those findings hold up today. Most of my student clients are more comfortable with glass these days. I’m proficient with steam gauges, but I know I’d definitely prefer even a Garmin G5 or two given a choice especially for single pilot IFR.

Did I see G5s as an option on the 310? This is looking like a definite purchase!

Chris

Found the article, my quote was from the article "Steam Gauges Are Safer" on Avweb by Jordan Miller. Although at the bottom is says it was first printed in IFR magazine in 2014.

https://www.avweb.com/flight-safety/technique/steam-gauges-are-safer/

Is there any Z-time, to the second, for this release? I am on USA EDT. Do I need to set my alarm! Where (URL) will the earliest release occur?  Is there a method for pre-payment so that DL is expedited?  If there are to be multiple sites (URL) for simultaneous release, is there a matrix of which of the release sites supports the fastest DL speed?  What payment method processes fastest?  Who will have the quickest addon liveries, ryanbatc, Ron "attaboy" Attwood, or fedar? 

Help! I need somebody
Help! Not just anybody
Help! You know I need someone
Help!

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere