Sign in to follow this  
Mets737

Milviz Cessna 310 Releasing May 4, 2022!

Lovely aircraft, but the KAP140 needs a few tweaks.   Armed mode for the altitude is not annunciated, and the when engaged, the AP is seeking 'straight and level', when the real KAP140 engages with a 'pitch and roll hold' basic mode.

Bill

UK LAPL-A

Currently flying:- (GA): COWS DA-42, A2A Comanche, FSW C414, WT SR22T, FSS P2006, BlSq TBM850, FSR M500, Flyboy Rans S6S, SWS Zenith 701,C172 JT-A mod (Airliners): Fenix A320, Ini A300-600, FBW A320 NEO and PMDG737.

The emergency crank "bug" has been noted and will be fixed.

• Like 1

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

9 minutes ago, JYW said:

Lovely aircraft, but the KAP140 needs a few tweaks.   Armed mode for the altitude is not annunciated, and the when engaged, the AP is seeking 'straight and level', when the real KAP140 engages with a 'pitch and roll hold' basic mode.

I found the cause of the AP issues, in the systems.cfg  :-

DEFAULT_PITCH_MODE  is correctly set to '1'  (hold current pitch).

However, there's then an errorneous entry of "USE_NO_DEFAULT_PITCH =1", which tells MSFS not to use the above default pitch mode.

I deleted the above entry, and the AP engages smoothly and correctly now.

Also, DEFAULT_VERTICAL_SPEED is currently set to 700, but should be set to 0, to allow the preselected altitude to be changed, without the aircraft (incorrectly) immediately climbing/descending, without VS mode having been engaged.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A

Currently flying:- (GA): COWS DA-42, A2A Comanche, FSW C414, WT SR22T, FSS P2006, BlSq TBM850, FSR M500, Flyboy Rans S6S, SWS Zenith 701,C172 JT-A mod (Airliners): Fenix A320, Ini A300-600, FBW A320 NEO and PMDG737.

We will check out the above.  Thanks.

• Like 1

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

11 minutes ago, JYW said:

However, there's then an errorneous entry of "USE_NO_DEFAULT_PITCH =1", which tells MSFS not to use the above default pitch mode.

Also, DEFAULT_VERTICAL_SPEED is currently set to 700, but should be set to 0, to allow the preselected altitude to be changed, without the aircraft (incorrectly) immediately climbing/descending, without VS mode having been engaged.

Thank you for that, good find! 😉

• Like 3

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

On 5/5/2022 at 5:57 PM, ZoblebV8 said:

I found one just clicking around inside the cockpit. Didn't know there were nine.

I think that's the number I heard on the stream yesterday. I found eight.

Robin

58 minutes ago, JYW said:

Excellent troubleshooting skills.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1 hour ago, Milviz said:

We will check out the above.  Thanks.

Can you please add the Army or Air Force livery? Thanks!

Edited by DJJose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1 hour ago, JYW said:

Just changed it. Great find. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

2 hours ago, JYW said:

Thank you, sir!

22 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Made no sense to me when I first read the negative comments about the KAP 140 AP, since I have used it before and never had a problem. I think some just like to make up issues. 

Unjustified thinking.  It does make sense.  When the systems.cfg is set up differently in different planes, of course it will operate differently.

Edited by Sender46

4 minutes ago, Sender46 said:

Unjustified thinking.  It does make sense.  When the systems.cfg is set up differently in different planes, of course it will operate differently.

Yes , I made some changes in the User.cfg that you posted this morning. I didn't realize that the KAP 140 had a user CFG that could be modified. 

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

Real 310 Pilot flies Milviz 310R.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JYW said:

Good find indeed, but after applying the changes, with target altitude set, trimmed in climb, engaging the AP starts up with ROL / VS / 0 fpm.  Does it capture current pitch for anyone?

Bert

4 hours ago, JYW said:

Thanks for this! 

Does it need to be saved in read only for it to persist?