Sign in to follow this  
Mets737

Milviz Cessna 310 Releasing May 4, 2022!

4 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

For years I have helped people out with their home sims, and usually the first thing I find is the calibration of their controls, especially elevator and rudder, can make an aircraft fly like real, or be impossible to control smoothly. MSFS is nice because there are so many adjustment's that can be made to get it right where you want it. The adjustment that I love is extremity deadzone, where you can tone down the effectiveness of the controls, so twitchiness and overcontrolling are done away with. Once you get the 310 set up properly, it is a piece of cake to fly and land. 

Interesting as I have yet to use extremity deadzone.  What have you set yours for the C310?

• Like 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

Just now, MrBitstFlyer said:

Interesting as I have yet to use extremity deadzone.  What have you set yours for the C310?

+20

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I got this aircraft just recently. I really like some of the features, such as the the dirty/clean effects. The guages are very smooth. The tablet is great. I also like how the aircraft was designed with the lights to the side for easy access. Which is recommended the payware PMS or TDS 750?

I hope these things can be addressed:

1. The flight model does indeed seem way too pitchy as other mentioned (this is not an ultra light). Needs a rework.
  2. I cannot come to terms with the navigation system such as setting the heading before takeoff (is this real? I doubt it)
  3. The payload in the tablet does not seem to sync with the MSFS payload screen. Seems out of wack. I use the MSFS payload screen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Greazer said:

I cannot come to terms with the navigation system such as setting the heading before takeoff (is this real? I doubt it)

What are you referring to?

There is nothing unusual about the avionics that I can see..

• Upvote 1

Bert

2 hours ago, Greazer said:

I got this aircraft just recently. I really like some of the features, such as the the dirty/clean effects. The guages are very smooth. The tablet is great. I also like how the aircraft was designed with the lights to the side for easy access. Which is recommended the payware PMS or TDS 750?

1. The flight model does indeed seem way too pitchy as other mentioned (this is not an ultra light). Needs a rework.
  2. I cannot come to terms with the navigation system such as setting the heading before takeoff (is this real? I doubt it)
  3. The payload in the tablet does not seem to sync with the MSFS payload screen. Seems out of wack. I use the MSFS payload screen.

I built a rough profile for my Brunner and no issues with pitch. I have not set any deadzones or cut down on sensitivity. I think part of the problem with many MSFS planes is without control loading they are prone to PIO.. 

I know it's expensive but with the brunner this 310 is the best flight model I have experienced so far. 

• Upvote 1

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

42 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

What are you referring to?

There is nothing unusual about the avionics that I can see..

I am referring to setting heading mode before takeoff and taking off in heading mode. I am accustomed to doing this on the G1000. But not here.  Seems I can only take off in 'default' (blank) mode which becomes Roll mode. And then you can press heading button after takeoff. 

49 minutes ago, Greazer said:

I am referring to setting heading mode before takeoff and taking off in heading mode. I am accustomed to doing this on the G1000. But not here.  Seems I can only take off in 'default' (blank) mode which becomes Roll mode. And then you can press heading button after takeoff. 

The default mode for this autopilot is indeed ROL, and then you can select HDG or NAV mode.

From the real world KAP140 manual:

2. AUTOPILOT ENGAGE/DISENGAGE
(AP) BUTTON - When
pushed, engages autopilot if all logic
conditions are met. The autopilot
will engage in the basic roll (ROL)
mode which functions as a wing leveler
and in the vertical speed (VS)
hold mode.

The G1000 has a FD (Flight Director) which can be set before takeoff, but this KAP140 only has AP on/off.

I use the free KAP140 mod which is better than the Asobo default.. But Milviz has already indicated that they will release an autopilot update as part of SP1, so lets see what that brings.

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 2

Bert

OK, so I bought the 310. One thing I have noticed is that upon lift off, with the aircraft properly configured, the aircraft will develop a roll to the left to the point where it goes beyond 30 deg angle of bank and will spiral to the ground. 

This may well be my controls not calibrated properly, although I did do a calibration through Win 10.

Any ideas? I am a multi engine Instructor, although I haven't flown a 310 - however I have flown a C340 amongst quite a few other real twins, and I find it hard to believe this is normal behaviour for a 310, so I am hoping it is my control setup.

David Porrett

28 minutes ago, DavidP said:

OK, so I bought the 310. One thing I have noticed is that upon lift off, with the aircraft properly configured, the aircraft will develop a roll to the left to the point where it goes beyond 30 deg angle of bank and will spiral to the ground. 

This may well be my controls not calibrated properly, although I did do a calibration through Win 10.

Any ideas? I am a multi engine Instructor, although I haven't flown a 310 - however I have flown a C340 amongst quite a few other real twins, and I find it hard to believe this is normal behaviour for a 310, so I am hoping it is my control setup.

Hello David,

since you are an instructor, you probably have looked at weight distribution of fuel and payload, trims, and engine power? I have tested the roll tendency during beta and found the airplane to have no tendency to go deeper into a roll. Instead, it very slowly recovers from a small roll. Another possibility could be a random failure. You can check for that in a specific file, described on page 8-3 of the user guide.

Peter

54 minutes ago, qqwertzde said:

Hello David,

since you are an instructor, you probably have looked at weight distribution of fuel and payload, trims, and engine power? I have tested the roll tendency during beta and found the airplane to have no tendency to go deeper into a roll. Instead, it very slowly recovers from a small roll. Another possibility could be a random failure. You can check for that in a specific file, described on page 8-3 of the user guide.

Peter

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your reply. Everything is configured correctly to my knowledge. If I lift off and let the control column go, the aircraft goes immediately into a left roll and if let go, spiral dives into the ground.

I checked for failures and don't believe any triggered - the effect is if I have had an engine failure, however the engines were operating correctly.

David Porrett

40 minutes ago, DavidP said:

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your reply. Everything is configured correctly to my knowledge. If I lift off and let the control column go, the aircraft goes immediately into a left roll and if let go, spiral dives into the ground.

I checked for failures and don't believe any triggered - the effect is if I have had an engine failure, however the engines were operating correctly.

Hmm. And I assume the autopilot is not engaged? I have raised your problem in the tester forum, hopefully someone else has a better idea than I do.

30 minutes ago, qqwertzde said:

Hmm. And I assume the autopilot is not engaged? I have raised your problem in the tester forum, hopefully someone else has a better idea than I do.

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your help.

Correct, autopilot disengaged.

David Porrett

10 hours ago, Greazer said:

Flight model is not to pitchy, adjust your controls. Why would you not set the heading before takeoff, common practice. ? The payload in MSFS doesn't agree with some aircraft, like the DC6 for instance. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

6 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

I use the free KAP140 mod which is better than the Asobo default.. But Milviz has already indicated that they will release an autopilot update as part of SP1, so lets see what that brings.

Sorry, but that's not the case.  We have not indicated that we will do anything about the AP other than, potentially, include the existing mod that's available for it on flightsim.to.  

We are looking into this but... have not made a decision yet.

@DavidP please hit up our forums for assistance... but, given that you're the only one having this issue, and this is  not meant as disrespectful, it's likely that it's a calibration issue on your side of things.

You must not use the payload in the sim to add/remove passengers/cargo in this product.  You need to use the EFB.  It's all custom coded... so when you use the in sim version... you will get inconsistencies and potential errors.  Usage is described in the manual.

Edited by Milviz
  • Upvote 1

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

12 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Flight model is not to pitchy, adjust your controls. 

Has nothing to do with controls.

13 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Why would you not set the heading before takeoff, common practice.  

Read comments. It was not possible.

13 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

The payload in MSFS doesn't agree with some aircraft, like the DC6 for instance. 

It is a bug for service patch to fix.