Sign in to follow this  
Mets737

Milviz Cessna 310 Releasing May 4, 2022!

1 minute ago, NismoRR said:
On 5/8/2022 at 10:36 PM, Bobsk8 said:

+20

Great suggestion Bob. I changed the curve sensitivity to +35 to make the elevator less twitchy. Extreme sensitivity to +20 feels better on my initial try. This was in the Kodiak. Close to perfect with the Honeycomb Alpha. 

I'll second that.  I went to +40 which also makes trim better.

• Like 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

On 5/8/2022 at 5:06 PM, 177B said:

With my multi monitor setup using the touch screen for AirManager, and the G750/650 combo is perfect.

Which panel are you talking about here? I cannot find a panel for the c310.

Thanks!

31 minutes ago, jozeff said:

Which panel are you talking about here? I cannot find a panel for the c310.

Thanks!

I made my own from available instruments and a bit of tweaking.

This is what is so great with AirManager.

Here is my C310 setup:

spacer.png

• Like 1

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

The usual double post...

Edited by tup61

16 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Have a look at the PMS50 web site, and look for Aircraft mods

Okay, it was a bit hard to find but found it in the end. But... I still don't get it LOL I read this:

In-cockpit WTT Mode
The aircraft has the GTN750 directly available in the cockpit with its own bezel. The aircraft uses the Working Title Technology (WTT) to manage the autopilot and the flight plan. You will get more features. This may require a specific extra package. Any other GPS in the cockpit is disabled in this mode.

Right. But I still don't have a clue what this means. What extra features do I get? Extra features in the GTN750? Or extra features in the KAP140...?

EDIT
Found the info in the GTN750 manual:

For compatible aircraft (with an in-cockpit GTN750), the behavior of the autopilot is nearly the
same as the G1000Nxi. To activate the NAV mode you must first engage the HDG mode, then
the NAV mode and set your course to reach the flight plan leg. The NAV mode is then armed
and will be automatically engaged when the airplane reaches the flight plan leg.
When used with the WTT, a new button in the flight plan menu allows to send the current flight
plan to the ATC. The ATC flight plan may differ a little from the current flight plan since it's
managed by the sim stock framework.

I suppose that AP behaviour is more realistic? If I recall correctly the current KAP140 intercepts the GPS route no matter where you are heading...

Edited by tup61

2 hours ago, tup61 said:

But I still don't have a clue what this means. What extra features do I get? Extra features in the GTN750? Or extra features in the KAP140...?

I do not use the PMS version, but I believe you get better in flight flightplan management. 

Bert

I have not managed to feather the props, it does not work to just pull the prop levers all the way back. How is it done?

Has anyone managed to do a belly landing without crashing? I just dusted off the sim after a few months so I am pretty rusty. But I tried it several times with the 310R and every time get a crash screen as soon as the front goes down. Managed to do it on the DA-62 first try. 
I don't mind if its really difficulty but it would be a real shame if it would be impossible, considering all the details. 

1 hour ago, kakihara123 said:

Has anyone managed to do a belly landing without crashing? I just dusted off the sim after a few months so I am pretty rusty. But I tried it several times with the 310R and every time get a crash screen as soon as the front goes down. Managed to do it on the DA-62 first try. 
I don't mind if its really difficulty but it would be a real shame if it would be impossible, considering all the details. 

A belly landing, is gear up, and when you do that you crash..

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I know what a belly landing means, that's why I'm asking. As I wrote it is completely possible on most default planes and I want to know if that's the case for this one too.

As it only crashes for me when the front goes down and not when I hit the ground I'm not sure if it's just very difficult or actually impossible.

Just as a FYI:  We never tested either a failed nose gear or a belly landing.  We do not, afaik, have bent props in the product at all... 

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

1 minute ago, Milviz said:

Just as a FYI:  We never tested either a failed nose gear or a belly landing.  We do not, afaik, have bent props in the product at all... 

Thanks for the heads up. That's kind of what I expected. Maybe you could do? I know I'm in the minority here, but I actually laughed when I read the manual before purchase about all the small details, especially the possible damage when not braking after taking off to stop the wheels from spinning. So in that context I think it would make sense. It is one of the most detailed planes so far after all. 

It's not a deal breaker of course, but I had a very immersive flight in the TBM a while ago in VR. I used a a program for random failures that caused the electrical systems to fail. So no instruments beside a small compass and no way to actually extend the landing gear. Aside form actually finding the airport in the Mexican mountains I had to land on my belly, because the plan has no way to exend the landing gear manually. 
It actually worked out, even though I was way too fast. 

We've sent it to them but I can't be sure when they will put it up for sale.

As it pertains to belly landings etc.... I'm pretty sure we'd have to code around the sims crash detection and that might be a hard ask.  I've asked the devs to assess.  No promises but we will look into it.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.