Sign in to follow this  
tjrush

REX AccuSeason

22 minutes ago, kingm56 said:

It’s difficult to download and unzip a folder?  That’s literally all you have to do. 

Sigh.. I think you know the answer to that question. What you are failing to understand is the additional features that Accuseason offers WITHOUT faffing with folders .. I definitely have no time for that..

AFTER  Accuseason drops its folder where i chose it i use Addon linker to activate it.

But thanks for your input

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

20 minutes ago, Maxis said:

Sigh.. I think you know the answer to that question. What you are failing to understand is the additional features that Accuseason offers WITHOUT faffing with folders .. I definitely have no time for that..

AFTER  Accuseason drops its folder where i chose it i use Addon linker to activate it.

But thanks for your input

I actually have no idea what you’re talking about. Simmarket app notifies me there’s an update, I click one button to download a single zip file and two more clicks (Right Click > Extract to…)to unzip to my addon linker folder.  If executing 3 clicks is problematic, than stay with REX.  For anyone else, don’t be fooled by a prettier interface.  Overall, REX is an inferior product for the reasons listed in this thread.  

Matt King

I have both but as others mentioned, I prefer using Accuseason due to ease of use and their automation feature, set it and forget about it.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

4 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

I have both but as others mentioned, I prefer using Accuseason due to ease of use and their automation feature, set it and forget about it.

Same here. I started out using Bijans as it was out much earlier, and it was very good. Then along came Accuseasons and switched over. But, in the earlier releases of Accuseasons, I don't think it looked near as good in the sim as Bijans, so I went back to Bijans. But, after Accuseasons was further developed, I think it now is comparable enough that it comes down to individual opinion. Both have their strengths. The UI in Accuseasons is much better, but to be fair, Bijans is getting constantly updated. I don't think you can go wrong with either choice.

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

27 minutes ago, kingm56 said:

I actually have no idea what you’re talking about. Simmarket app notifies me there’s an update, I click one button to download a single zip file and two more clicks (Right Click > Extract to…)to unzip to my addon linker folder.  If executing 3 clicks is problematic, than stay with REX.  For anyone else, don’t be fooled by a prettier interface.  Overall, REX is an inferior product for the reasons listed in this thread.  

Executing three clicks is not a problem for anybody, but as you mentioned it - REX AccuSeason requires no clicks.  A big plus for me, and others I would imagine, are the updates to the trees every seven days, rather than every 45.   I like the Bijan product, that's why I purchased it and used it for a long time, but I don't feel the need to call it an inferior product because it doesn't update the trees as often as REX.

Edited by MrBitstFlyer

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

To answer the question I think you would need to try both and then decide which one suits you best. Is there no try before buy option for these?

24 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Executing three clicks is not a problem for anybody, but as you mentioned it - REX AccuSeason requires no clicks.  A big plus for me, and others I would imagine, are the updates to the trees every seven days, rather than every 45.   I like the Bijan product, that's why I purchased it and used it for a long time, but I don't feel the need to call it an inferior product because it doesn't update the trees as often as REX.

That's fair; I abandoned AccuSeason because it did not change the tone; so, you have fall trees with summer grass.  It just looks odd to my eyes.  

Matt King

See for yourself, please.

• Upvote 1

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

3 hours ago, omarsmak30 said:

Ease of use. You move one file every three months, takes literally two clicks of a mouse. How to you manage to fly an aircraft, if you think two mouse clicks are unacceptable?

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

9 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

Nope, it's the other way around.

It's really not.

9 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

I used Bijan's for a while - it is a good product.  I changed to AccuSeason because it updates the trees weekly, plus the user interface is nicer.  As to look of the trees, that is down to personal choice but I prefer AccuSeason.

This

7 hours ago, Maxis said:

Prefer Accuseason for the same reasons stated above and the additional fact that there is a proper user interface and a bigger organization to provide support such as when people pointed out that the foliage in South Florida was a bit off. They went back to the drawing board with that feedback and fixed it in a timely fashion. Additionally you can alter the tree height and also make the shapes a bit more irregular.

Same here

6 hours ago, kingm56 said:

It’s difficult to download and unzip a folder?  That’s literally all you have to do. 

Are we back in 2003?

The Accuseason interfaces is clean and modern, the addon has no impact on framerates, updates are super easy. I find their "seasonal hack" to be fairly accurate in terms of where I live and fly. Plus, REX is an established company with a solid track record of support and updates. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

It's really not.

Care to elaborate? I find Bijan to be much more diversified in regards to tree models and colors. Accuseason seems to just paint the default trees and that's it (yeah I know you can change the size of the trees, but I don't need such gimmicks, just give me the realistic setting and that's it).
I am however open to be convinced otherwise, especially since Bijan is unable to do any updates for a the time being (and no one knows when he returns).

I prefer REX mainly because it places the appropriate trees in tropical areas. Bijan's product tends to place too many palms in those areas, even at medium altitudes, which is not realistic. Besides that, the REX product is easier to use, in my opinion.

• Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I've used the Bijan seasons since it came out but am now intrigued by the Rex offering. How does the automation feature work? Does the program always run in the background?

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale