Sign in to follow this  
tjrush

REX AccuSeason

43 minutes ago, wiggum said:

Wasnt Asobo supposed to release their own "Seasons" Update in 2022 ?

I seriously doubt if they can get anything that looks as good as Bijans 4 season. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

48 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I seriously doubt if they can get anything that looks as good as Bijans 4 season. 

That’s just it, Bob…all Accuseason does is change your trees.  IMO, It looks ridiculous to have fall/spring trees with summer textures.  REX has supposedly been working on textures/tones since December; however, they have a pretty long history of not completing their projects.  Heck, I’m still waiting on my Airport improvements for REX worldwide airports.  I simply don’t understand how making two clicks is inconvenient to the end users.  

• Upvote 1

Matt King

1 minute ago, kingm56 said:

That’s just it, Bob…all Accuseason does is change your trees.  IMO, It looks ridiculous to have fall/spring trees with summer textures.  REX has supposedly been working on textures/tones since December; however, they have a pretty long history of not completing their projects.  Heck, I’m still waiting on my Airport improvements for REX worldwide airports.  I simply don’t understand how making two clicks is inconvenient to the end users.  

I can't think of any aircraft that I fly, that requires less than a couple of clicks on every flight. To say that a couple of clicks per season is too much to ask, is beyond belief. 😉

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 hours ago, ricka47 said:

How does the automation feature work?

You choose a time for daily updates. The application will start automatically (it creates a Windows scheduled event) at the time and download updates (if there’s any).

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

41 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

You choose a time for daily updates. The application will start automatically (it creates a Windows scheduled event) at the time and download updates (if there’s any).

Gotcha - thanks!

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

16 hours ago, timest said:

Don't forget, AccuSeason automatically changes weekly 😉

That is a nice feature to be sure. Do you know if terrain masks will be added in the future?

Rick Abshier

2 hours ago, ricka47 said:

That is a nice feature to be sure. Do you know if terrain masks will be added in the future?

That's my issue with REX - will they update their program?

I wanted to provide a bit of information related to AccuSeason, which has been updated with quite a bit of content since the initial release in December. Hopefully this will provide useful information for anyone who is interested in knowing more.

In terms of creating a product, one of the main features we see as very important for the user community is WEEKLY changes to vegetation globally throughout the year and this is available with the Automated Dynamic Seasons feature.

This means in Autumn you will see foliage colors change gradually throughout the season on a WEEKLY basis until the trees are dormant in winter similar to how vegetation changes in nature. These weekly Autumn changes are depicted visually in the GIF below.

u6s47zn.gif

In Spring when trees start to emerge from winter dormancy you will see WEEKLY changes that show the transition from dormant vegetation to spring trees full of leaves. From here, the light green colored spring trees transition WEEKLY to darker tones and there will be floral trees dotted throughout many, many cities and towns.

When vegetation changes to darker green summer tones, you will see subtle changes throughout the summer season until leaves start to change again for autumn. Here is a short video that visually depicts the changes from dormancy through spring into summer:

Another key aspect of the Automated Dynamic Seasons feature is the start of color changes begin at different times within a season depending on location. As a real-life example, Autumn colors start to show earlier in the upper Midwest and northern New England in the United States than parts of the country that are more southern and warmer. As weeks pass by, foliage in other parts of the country begin changing later depending on location.

This is depicted in AccuSeason by having vegetation colors start to transition and progress through weekly color changes in more northern and/or colder areas first. Weekly color changes start in areas that are a bit more south and/or warm the following week. The week after that, color changes start in areas that a bit more south and/or warm the following week, etc. This cascading of the start of foliage changes spans a period of six of seven weeks.

So, if you are flying from a cooler climate to a somewhat warmer climate you will see different vegetation coloring as in real life. This staggering of start dates for seasonal vegetation changes occurs globally so you will see the same treatment Europe, Asia, Australia, and southern regions of South America. By the way, Northern and Southern hemisphere season are opposite of each other as in real life. In tropical, temperate, and conifer areas changes in vegetation do occur, however, as in real life not as often.

In addition to global weekly changes throughout the seasons, we also wanted to offer a very large variety seasonal presets that are more static in nature. Therefore, if you want the area you are flying in to have a certain type of vegetation coloring you can select from a total of 24, soon to be 25 seasonal presets. This includes 12 presets for Autumn, 4 for Winter, 4 soon to be 5 for Spring, and 4 for Summer. As in the dynamic seasons feature above, Northern and Southern hemisphere season are opposite of each other with the 24 presets.

We also wanted to extend MSFS functionality and give the user community the ability to configure some vegetation options, so we included functionality to change Vegetation Color Tone (Neutral, Cool, and Warm), Tree Height, and Deciduous Tree Canopy Type.

There has been some pretty healthy debate over time in different threads about the size of vegetation in which people had very different opinions on tree height, so the option to change things closer to your liking is available.

tree-height-1.gif

There has also been conversation about default MSFS wanting deciduous trees to not look so rounded, so we wanted to offer a choice between default and irregular deciduous canopy types.

Default Deciduous Tree Canopy

rKSgDMU.jpg

Irregular Deciduous Tree Canopy

QHbcLFk.jpg

Regional and location-specific enhancements are also available. This includes Florida and Southeastern US Coastal and St. Barts. Coming soon is an enhancement for eastern Australia and another for Meribel, as well as more that are planned.

The fact that AccuSeason offers WEEKLY global foliage changes throughout the year, 24 presets, vegetation configuration options, regional and location enhancements, and version updates is the reason why the AccuSeason interface is so important for this particular application. It makes all of the many file changes for you and without this it would be extremely frustrating for the AccuSeason user community.

Last point, and this is important for all of our friends on Avsim. If you want to quote something I have said, instead of clicking the link below that says “Quote” please just drag your mouse cursor over the content you want to respond to and click the “Quote selection” popup. This will avoid multiple entries of this post, which is rather long. Also, if anyone wants to private message me instead of respond to the thread, feel free. Thanks all.

• Like 4

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

MikeT707,

I like that you read the posts and interact. That's good stuff. I'm likely going to buy Accuseason, possibly in a few minutes.  😎

Are there any plans for terrain masking that you can share?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CanadaOne said:

I like that you read the posts and interact. That's good stuff. I'm likely going to buy Accuseason, possibly in a few minutes.  😎

Are there any plans for terrain masking that you can share?

3 hours ago, ricka47 said:

I have been working on it for a while, but have had to significantly enhance Australia and the southern part of South America to have weekly vegetation changes, as well as get Spring weekly vegetation changes for the global north and a bunch of other content. This plus the other content has taken a ton of time and I want to get Terrain Masking to look right, but it is definitely coming. 

• Like 6

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

47 minutes ago, MikeT707 said:

I have been working on it for a while, but have had to significantly enhance Australia and the southern part of South America to have weekly vegetation changes, as well as get Spring weekly vegetation changes for the global north and a bunch of other content. This plus the other content has taken a ton of time and I want to get Terrain Masking to look right, but it is definitely coming. 

Good news! I just bought it!

• Like 1

Rick Abshier

28 minutes ago, ricka47 said:

Good news! I just bought it!

Thanks Rick. Hope you enjoy it. 

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

I'm having one of those days. Took me more than two-hours to install a module this morning, and I swore I would only buy stuff with an installer from now on, well...

Just bought Accuseason throuigh Orbx Central, and on the ORBX page it says "click here to install to main library" then it says there is no path to main library, and there are no options for me to change anything.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

36 minutes ago, CanadaOne said:

Just bought Accuseason throuigh Orbx Central, and on the ORBX page it says "click here to install to main library" then it says there is no path to main library, and there are no options for me to change anything.

Hi CanadaOne. I just saw this and wish I knew what to do in this case but I do not know how the Orbx installation process works. Have you had the chance to check on the Orbx forum? I know they have encountered issues like this and they are great with resolving issues. Another suggestion would be to contact REX Support and Tim or Reed would be able to help out. Here is the link for REX Support:  https://rexsimulations.com/support.html

Hope you can get up and running very soon. I know how it is as I purchased a plane a couple of months ago and was really excited to get it installed and ran into issues. Ugh. Let me know how things go and feel free to private message me if you want. 

Thanks

• Like 1

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

9 minutes ago, MikeT707 said:

Hi CanadaOne. I just saw this and wish I knew what to do in this case but I do not know how the Orbx installation process works. Have you had the chance to check on the Orbx forum? I know they have encountered issues like this and they are great with resolving issues. Another suggestion would be to contact REX Support and Tim or Reed would be able to help out. Here is the link for REX Support:  https://rexsimulations.com/support.html

Hope you can get up and running very soon. I know how it is as I purchased a plane a couple of months ago and was really excited to get it installed and ran into issues. Ugh. Let me know how things go and feel free to private message me if you want. 

Thanks

I appreciate the feedback. Happy to be a customer. I'll check at ORBX, I'm sure it will get worked out. I'll post back here when it does.

Thanks.