Sign in to follow this  
suncoastflyer

AIG Models On Vatsim No Sound

So I am using the AIG traffic models for model matching on Vatism but I am not hearing any sounds. Not hearing anything from inside my aircraft or just going into drone mode and zooming across the airport up close to the traffic. After a little bit of looking through files I found there are no sound files located in this directory "Microsoft Flight Simulator\Community\aig-aitraffic-oci-beta\Sound\AI". It is just an empty folder.

I am by no means adept at using the AI Manager, there could be an installation step that I missed. Any advice would be appreciated 🙂

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS

I can't help you too much, but can confirm in the P3D version that equivalent folder has sound files for all aircraft so the fact that yours is empty suggests you're on the right track. Maybe check on the AIG forum?

Edited by Ian S

Ian S

38.jpg

yeah, there is something wrong with your install.  I have about 33 folders in this directory.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Before I continue troubleshooting, to anyone who is also using these models for Vatsim - can you just confirm the aircraft have working sounds. Don't want to waste my time 'fixing' it if it only works when the traffic are active as AI since it wasn't intended to be used for Vatsim.

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS

25 minutes ago, suncoastflyer said:

Before I continue troubleshooting, to anyone who is also using these models for Vatsim - can you just confirm the aircraft have working sounds. Don't want to waste my time 'fixing' it if it only works when the traffic are active as AI since it wasn't intended to be used for Vatsim.

I use AIG exclusively on VATSIM and I have the sounds working.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ErichB said:

I use AIG exclusively on VATSIM and I have the sounds working.  

Could you please do me a favour?

Go to "\Community\aig-aitraffic-oci-beta\SimObjects\Airplanes\AIGAIM_AIA_B717-200\soundai" and open the .cfg file. What path is written in the cfg file? Afterwards, can you go to that path and tell me the contents of that folder. Thanks!

I am seeking support on the AIG forums simultaneously but their forums are pretty quiet relative to Avsim.

Update -

I found a solution. I manually installed some sound files and now I just need to update the soundcfgs individually for each model. A bit pain but oh well.

Edited by suncoastflyer
  • Like 1

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS

34 minutes ago, suncoastflyer said:

Could you please do me a favour?

Go to "\Community\aig-aitraffic-oci-beta\SimObjects\Airplanes\AIGAIM_AIA_B717-200\soundai" and open the .cfg file. What path is written in the cfg file? Afterwards, can you go to that path and tell me the contents of that folder. Thanks!

I am seeking support on the AIG forums simultaneously but their forums are pretty quiet relative to Avsim.

the soundai.cfg is aliased to ..\..\..\..\Sound\AI\Boeing_717-200, which is correct as that is where AIGTM should be installing all the sound packages. i don't fly on vatsim (yet) but i do have ai sound working great (one of the best things about AIGTM.)

37 minutes ago, molleh said:

the soundai.cfg is aliased to ..\..\..\..\Sound\AI\Boeing_717-200, which is correct as that is where AIGTM should be installing all the sound packages. i don't fly on vatsim (yet) but i do have ai sound working great (one of the best things about AIGTM.)

Yeah unfortunately on first installation the installer prompted me to manually download the zip for the sound package but the Avsim library was broken at the time. I had to skip the step and it never prompted me again. I don't know if there is an automatic way to install the sound packages now, I may be stuck doing it manually.

Update - followed these steps https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/aig-ai-manager-oci-for-msfs-development-announcement/324219/1457?u=thedannnnn

Edited by suncoastflyer

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS

1 hour ago, suncoastflyer said:

I don't know if there is an automatic way to install the sound packages now, I may be stuck doing it manually.

You could download the sound file yourself from http://www.mediafire.com/file/e957trysk3u7xzr/AITRSP_v1.8.zip/file?fbclid=IwAR1niqG-P1emVBxEo0vxLdvcomPleY_xeAZOdxm6JSRzqbrfbmvWaIwlwls  It's the exact link that AI Manager uses to get it. From there go into your C:\ProgramData\AIGTech\AIGAIM\temp_model folder and delete the AITRSP_v1.8.zip that is in there now (it was probably a bad download) then copy the freshly downloaded one into the temp_model folder and then start AI Manager and run a verify.

• Like 2

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS