Sign in to follow this  
YouDontKnow

[30APR22] PMDG 737-700 Update - Maybe next week!?

1 hour ago, YouDontKnow said:

Randazzo quote from PMDG forum

If you are bored in the mean-time, please do go visit our friends at Leonardo. They have created a truly wonderful MD-82 and they deserve your attention as much as any developer in the community.

Now that is the kind of comment that I like to see in the flightsim community. The world is a better place when we all work together :wub:

• Like 26

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Just now, abrams_tank said:

I don't know why you have to assign "fault" to one party or another.  An SDK is an SDK.  When you want to make a plane for MSFS, you need to use the SDK given to you, to achieve what you want.

If I go and develop an app for IPhone, I will be using the SDK for developing IPhones.  If I go and develop an app for Android, I will be using the SDK for Android phones. 

How about it's neither party's fault?  Perhaps PMDG doesn't understand a certain aspect of the SDK, since if you were following the development of the PMDG 737, you would know that PMDG/Randazzo misunderstood something about the SDK a few months ago, which prevented the PMDG 737 from entering the beta.  In that case, I didn't attribute the fault to either party because SDKs are inherently complex, not just for MSFS, but the SDK will be complex for IPhone and Android if you are new to those SDKs.

I don't get why you have to see the "negative" in everything.  Why you are so adamant to assign "fault" to a party.  Just relax.  I don't think anybody is at fault here, the flap 40 problem will be overcome soon enough.

I agree with your explanation, we're good. I also think it's mostly a problem of communication (that's where I would assign "fault" to Asobo, but that's another story). I know that missing documentation of the SDK has been the actual problem for most devs, not so much missing features.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Now that is the kind of comment that I like to see in the flightsim community. The world is a better place when we all work together :wub:

Yes, that comment struck me; over the last few weeks and months if you read some of the forums you might come to the conclusion PMDG are money grabbing, spawn of belzebub and yet here’s this guy recommending someone else’s product........

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

Agreed 100%!!

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Oh man, 146 yesterday, maddog today, C310 next week, 737 maybe next week...I'm going to be confused as to which new aircraft I'm flying at any given moment but will love every minute of it!!

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Seems quite simple to me that the landing bug is going to be a show stopper for them releasing it more than anything else.

I do wonder if FlyingFabio had anything to do with the sudden optimism because it's really not like PMDG to give any sort of date to anything....

For those who can't watch the below the bug seems to be related with the deployment of spoilers during landing.

Edited by highflyer2020

4 hours ago, YouDontKnow said:

If you are bored in the mean-time, please do go visit our friends at Leonardo. They have created a truly wonderful MD-82 and they deserve your attention as much as any developer in the community.

A lot of people give this guy grief, but knowing it’s a small community and knowing there might be some simmers out there who economically have to make a choice between the two, he still recommends you look at and possibly purchase a product that isn’t his out of respect for that developer.  I think that’s a class move.

• Like 9
  • Upvote 4

@highflyer2020's post above made me land on some other videos in Fabio's collection, and take it for what it's worth, his opinion on MSFS's flight model per the PMDG 737 experience vs X-Plane's and how he feels MSFS is much better: https://www.twitch.tv/theflyingfabio/clip/AlertCrazyHyenaSoonerLater-eubQ95D-r_MhLGD9 ... After the recent deluge of high fidelity aircraft are consumed by all the experts and thoroughly vetted/analyzed/reviewed I think we'll all have a much better idea of MSFS's core flight-model/aerodynamics capabilities, which up until now has only been able to be evaluated using the default aircraft and some other medium-fidelity birds... using the default aircraft to evaluate MSFS's capabilities is meaningless, so it's good to finally have properly simulated/implemented aircrafts.

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

"So whilst there is some optimism, it’s still dependent on issues being resolved."

now where did I hear that again ...  hmm, last year, last month .. yesterday ... ?

If it is not here by next weekend, I will buy the Carenado Pilatus PC12 instead, their own fault!

Edited by turbomax
  • Upvote 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

3 hours ago, DD_Arthur said:

Yes, that comment struck me; over the last few weeks and months if you read some of the forums you might come to the conclusion PMDG are money grabbing, spawn of belzebub and yet here’s this guy recommending someone else’s product........

People are complex, not simple.  I have given PMDG praise and criticism over the years.  Randazzo amuses me sometimes, and I think he has a genuine passion for aviation and this hobby, he’s not the spawn of satan, but at the exact same time, there is and has been criticism that is WELL earned.  People don’t generally just fit into hard good/evil camps as easy as that would be to want to do.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

Oh no please not, that leaves me only a week to fully enjoy the Maddog! 😉

You'll soon get sick of the automation of the 737 and get a serious craving for a more complex aircraft to fly. The Maddog always wins...

• Like 1

The problem with PMDG is they are terrified of any bad press about bugs, not realizing that most of us serious simmers fully expect them but just want the plane in our hands sooner rather than forever-later.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

spacer.png

5 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Its easy to recommend taking a look at a non competing product. If had said take a look at Ifly I would be more than impressed, but the chances of that ever happening is slim to none.

19 minutes ago, Boomer said:

The problem with PMDG is they are terrified of any bad press about bugs, not realizing that most of us serious simmers fully expect them but just want the plane in our hands sooner rather than forever-later.

this.

The problem is, whether the majority of simmers expect and can deal with bugs is immaterial, because the minority who seem to have some sort of belief that anything less than 100 percent utility is an insult to their being will fill the forums with flames at the slightest, most insignificant bug, let alone anything bigger.  

But I agree with you,  if the thing isn't going to blue screen my PC,  I'm happy to deal with it, if it means I can fly sooner.

The oft repeated mantra of :  "I hope they take all the time they need to iron out every bug"  is an OPINION, one I don't share, and at the end of the day there's gonna be bugs in it anyway, it's software.

"Early access" on steam is derided by some, but it's very popular...