Sign in to follow this  
YouDontKnow

[30APR22] PMDG 737-700 Update - Maybe next week!?

58 minutes ago, Boomer said:

The problem with PMDG is they are terrified of any bad press about bugs, not realizing that most of us serious simmers fully expect them but just want the plane in our hands sooner rather than forever-later.

25 minutes ago, ShawnG said:

this.

The problem is, whether the majority of simmers expect and can deal with bugs is immaterial, because the minority who seem to have some sort of belief that anything less than 100 percent utility is an insult to their being will fill the forums with flames at the slightest, most insignificant bug, let alone anything bigger.  

But I agree with you,  if the thing isn't going to blue screen my PC,  I'm happy to deal with it, if it means I can fly sooner.

The oft repeated mantra of :  "I hope they take all the time they need to iron out every bug"  is an OPINION, one I don't share, and at the end of the day there's gonna be bugs in it anyway, it's software.

"Early access" on steam is derided by some, but it's very popular...

The bug in question though is pretty bad...I mean can you imagine the bad rep PMDG would get if they released it and this happened to you on landing? 

1 minute ago, highflyer2020 said:

The bug in question though is pretty bad...I mean can you imagine the bad rep PMDG would get if they released it and this happened to you on landing? 

It's a bad bug, but rare, and apparently got through pmdg's error testing regimen and other streamer flights without anybody encountering it.  I'd be cool if they fixed it post release.

Also, it wouldn't be the first time I would have had a software bug spoil a flight.  So what?  this is a hobby.  (cue up the indignant replies of 'it's more than a hobby to me!!!'.  Get over yourselves.)  Get mad a few minutes if you want, and then realize that what we are doing is a frigging miracle even with a couple rough spots to be had.  people are so precious about word not allowed like this sometimes, honestly.  I would def. buy this thing in that state.

By all means, I want it to be FINISHED.  but I don't need it to be perfect or bug free, because, even when it is deemed that by PMDG and y'all, it'll still have bugs.

• Like 1

Just now, ShawnG said:

It's a bad bug, but rare, and apparently got through pmdg's error testing regimen and other streamer flights without anybody encountering it.  I'd be cool if they fixed it post release.

Also, it wouldn't be the first time I would have had a software bug spoil a flight.  So what?  this is a hobby.  (cue up the indignant replies of 'it's more than a hobby to me!!!'.  Get over yourselves.)  Get mad a few minutes if you want, and then realize that what we are doing is a frigging miracle even with a couple rough spots to be had.  people are so precious about word not allowed like this sometimes, honestly.  I would def. buy this thing in that state.

By all means, I want it to be FINISHED.  but I don't need it to be perfect or bug free, because, even when it is deemed that by PMDG and y'all, it'll still have bugs.

Yeah I agree its still going to have bug when it's released and I don't mind...but I can understand why they want to delay by a week if they can sort this one out! As I can imagine it would be a PR disaster if they get a bunch of Youtube videos where people just keep hitting this bug.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

This is great news that Robert brings us...fingers crossed for next weekend! I'm going to light a good cigar to celebrate this news!

Banner-FS2-Crew-Beta-Tester.jpg

t-l-chargement

Human nature being what it is, we can be pretty sure that there will be a small army of simmers recording flights while trying to replicate this problem now that everyone knows what can trigger it. In fact, it wouldn't be surprising if, after the bug is announced as being "fixed", they still try!

PMDG will make every effort to get this right, because they don't want to deal with the endless bad mojo of knowingly sending the 737 to market with a spectacular (and particularly photogenic) landing bug.

• Like 1

John Wiesenfeld KPBI | FAA PPL/SEL/IFR in a galaxy long ago and far away | VATSIM PILOT P2

i7-11700K, 32 GB DDR4 3.6 GHz, MSI RTX 3070ti, Dell 4K monitor

9 hours ago, Boomer said:

not realizing that most of us serious simmers fully expect them but just want the plane in our hands sooner rather than forever-later.

The trouble is that, as has been very evident since MSFS released, once people get it in their hands, they then forget that they fully expected bugs and wanted it in their hands sooner rather than later, and start howling at the top of their lungs all over the internet, demanding refunds and leaving negative reviews...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

How did so many other beta testers log so many flights without the glitch if all that caused it is deploying the spoilers? Were other beta testers not using them on landing and rollout?

Edited by Bdub22

1 hour ago, eslader said:

once people get it in their hands, they then forget that they fully expected bugs and wanted it in their hands sooner rather than later, and start howling at the top of their lungs all over the internet, demanding refunds and leaving negative reviews...

"once FOOLS get it in their hands"...

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Bdub22 said:

How did so many other beta testers log so many flights without the glitch if all that caused it is deploying the spoilers? Were other beta testers not using them on landing and rollout?

It's not just the spoilers; for Fabio it seemed to be the combination of flaps 40, autobrakes and spoilers deployed.  My guess would be not as many testers were landing flaps 40, though it's also somehow dependent on user system or setup since PMDG says it's never been 100% reproducible. 

It's a complex one for sure, but sounds like they're making progress on it. Fabio was given a new build to test after they identified it last week, and was able to land successfully several times before triggering the bug by using flaps 40 / AB max.  He then mentioned that the change implemented in the new build was not implemented for AB max, which might help verify the hypothesis about the cause / fix.

• Like 1

Andrew Crowley

Does the plane have a forecast wind page where climb, cruise and descent forecast winds are entered which are used to calculate the position of the T/C and T/D points?

This page is available in the P3D version. 

Edited by Falconjet112

20 minutes ago, Falconjet112 said:

Does the plane have a forecast wind page where climb, cruise and descent forecast winds are entered which are used to calculate the position of the T/C and T/D points?

This page is available in the P3D version. 

It does. In general, just watch 737NG Driver's videos, that'll give you a full overview of what the PMDG can do.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJku5jC23Y0MkmPqU7CZhog/featured

Intel i7-10700K @ 4.7 GHz | Nvidia RTX 3070 FE | 32GB DDR4 RAM 

Anyone knows if it will support running FMC on external device, such as iPad?

14 hours ago, Boomer said:

"once FOOLS get it in their hands"...

I won't argue with that, but fools can still cause a lot of damage to reputations. Like the Maddog thread where people decided they weren't going to buy the best plane currently available for MSFS because they might have to wait to get verified on the developer's wen forum. Or the Just Flight thread where people opined the developer is shady because they released a plane earlier than predicted.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1