Sign in to follow this  
YouDontKnow

[30APR22] PMDG 737-700 Update - Maybe next week!?

4 minutes ago, Boomer said:

July.

Sure. Which year?

• Like 5

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

1 hour ago, lacika9614 said:

Uh ohhh, PMDG accidentally made their landing bug debug video on their youtube channel viewable under certain circumstances. The bit in the video description doesn't instill a lot of confidence that this is going to be fixed quickly unless someone pulls a miracle.

I saw that and watched the video. I thought it was strange that they listed the video. I see they marked it as hidden again.

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

I'm interested to know if anyone here can make sense of that video and can provide some insight to its content.

I don’t think I’ve ever had a reason to land with flaps 40 in the NGX (I know reasons exist I just haven’t encountered one)…so at risk of getting flamed, INOP the flaps 40 option and ship ‘er out! 😀

Edited by regis9
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

New videos from Rob:

• Like 5

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

On 5/2/2022 at 7:01 PM, lacika9614 said:

Uh ohhh, PMDG accidentally made their landing bug debug video on their youtube channel viewable under certain circumstances. The bit in the video description doesn't instill a lot of confidence that this is going to be fixed quickly unless someone pulls a miracle

The good thing is that the video was made on April 28th from what I can see and he posted this on April 30th that it could possibly be ready by this weekend. So I'm hopeful for that.

Gaming rig
Intel i9 13900k - NZXT Kraken Z73 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero Z790 
32GB Trident Z 6000MHz DDR5 - Gigabyte 4090 GAMING OC 24G
10 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - Lian Li OD11XL Case - Corsair HX1500i PSU

This is when beta testing is fun! (although we were actually testing and not "supposed" to be having fun...but dang! LOL)

A fellow tester and myself testing multiplayer.  I can't comment as we're really heads down with testing (as you can imagine) and I don't want to start any conspiracy theories...just enjoy the pics in the link (the multiplayer are a few pics down the list.)

These are my fellow tester's pics on imgur....a few of mine are posted below.  He's flying my WestJet (and testing the installing of 3rd party liveries as well) 😉

https://imgur.com/a/B4UHXaW

mBLHIa.png

8mTzWJ.png

MsDcaw.png

• Like 12

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

August!

• Like 1

Chris Camp

Guys, check your account at PMDG. Maybe there is a discount for you :)

• Like 1

Regards, Bartek Staniszewski

9 minutes ago, brosss said:

Guys, check your account at PMDG. Maybe there is a discount for you :)

Where would I see this exactly?

11 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Where would I see this exactly?

At the top when you login 

• Like 1

Gaming rig
Intel i9 13900k - NZXT Kraken Z73 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero Z790 
32GB Trident Z 6000MHz DDR5 - Gigabyte 4090 GAMING OC 24G
10 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - Lian Li OD11XL Case - Corsair HX1500i PSU

On 4/30/2022 at 4:59 PM, abrams_tank said:

IPerhaps PMDG doesn't understand a certain aspect of the SDK, since if you were following the development of the PMDG 737, you would know that PMDG/Randazzo misunderstood something about the SDK a few months ago, which prevented the PMDG 737 from entering the beta. Asobo had to sit down with PMDG in a meeting and explain that aspect of the SDK to PMDG, and then PMDG was able to overcome the problem and enter the beta for their 737.  In that case, I didn't attribute the fault to either party because SDKs are inherently complex, not just for MSFS, but the SDK will be complex for IPhone and Android if you are new to those SDKs too.

I don't get why you have to see the "negative" in everything.  Why you are so adamant to assign "fault" to a party.  Just relax.  I don't think anybody is at fault here, the flap 40 problem will be overcome soon enough.

If the SDK is not fully documented it is not fully  useable and it is not reasonable to say that PMDG for example is to blame for not knowing or fully understanding how something works.  Responsibility in this case for the SDK would seem to lie with ASOBO.

Harry Woodrow