Sign in to follow this  
YouDontKnow

[30APR22] PMDG 737-700 Update - Maybe next week!?

The weekend is almost arrived. I suppose that the bug is not fully solved. 

on to the next weekend 😅

6 minutes ago, harrry said:

If the SDK is not fully documented it is not fully  useable and it is not reasonable to say that PMDG for example is to blame for not knowing or fully understanding how something works.  Responsibility in this case for the SDK would seem to lie with ASOBO.

There is a lot of documentation added for the MSFS SDK already.  You can search the SDK documentation, so much documentation has been added for the MSFS SDK.

But as a software developer, I want to emphasize that just because the SDK is fully documented, it doesn't mean a developer will understand it.  I have worked with many SDKs in my career that are fully documented, but even then, I don't fully understand how they work, the first time I use it.  There is a difference between a fully documented SDK, and mastering that SDK.  You can have a fully documented SDK, and if you are new to the SDK, you can still get lost as a developer.  That's exactly why there are support forums for developers. 

Just look at all the questions at Stackoverflow.  And those are questions from developers in Stackoverflow on technology fully documented SDKs. Please do not assume that just because an SDK is fully documented, that a new developer to that SDK, can master the SDK on his/her first try.  It may take years to fully master an SDK, even if it's fully documented.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 3

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

7 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

There is a lot of documentation added for the MSFS SDK already.  You can search the SDK documentation, so much documentation has been added for the MSFS SDK.

But as a software developer, I want to emphasize that just because the SDK is fully documented, it doesn't mean a developer will understand it.  I have worked with many SDKs in my career that are fully documented, but even then, I don't fully understand how they work, the first time I use it.  There is a difference between a fully documented SDK, and mastering that SDK.  You can have a fully documented SDK, and if you are new to the SDK, you can still get lost as a developer.  That's exactly why there are support forums for developers. 

Just look at all the questions at Stackoverflow.  And those are questions from developers in Stackoverflow on technology fully documented SDKs. Please do not assume that just because an SDK is fully documented, that a new developer to that SDK, can master the SDK on his/her first try.  It may take years to fully master an SDK, even if it's fully documented.

exactly....and in this case it seems there may be documentation missing  (Understandably though maybe more than should be) and it seems everyone is very willing to say the developer (PMDG) in this case is at fault for not knowing things which may or may not have been documented.  I am on the developer's side with this sort of problem as development relies on this.  I will say ASOBO seems to be learning and doing a much better job for all concerned than a year ago.

Edited by harrry

Harry Woodrow

1 hour ago, Fiorentoni said:

Where would I see this exactly?

You have $99.99 of store credit. To use it, simply place your order and you will be able to choose store credit as the payment method when it comes time to pay for your order.

• Like 3

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

4 minutes ago, harrry said:

exactly....and in this case it seems there may be documentation missing  (Understandably though maybe more than should be) and it seems everyone is very willing to say the developer (PMDG) in this case is at fault for not knowing things which may or may not have been documented.  I am on the developer's side with this sort of problem as development relies on this.

But PMDG also has direct line to Asobo, that some other 3rd party devs may not have the privilege of having.  So if there is something PMDG doesn't understand, PMDG can get a response much quicker than other 3rd party devs.   With his past comments, Randazzo seemed to imply that PMDG is treated as a "first class" developer by Asobo (the same can't be said of other less prestigious developers who don't have that direct line to Asobo).

Anyways, I don't want to assign blame on either party.  My whole point is, SDKs are notoriously complex.  I didn't assign blame to PMDG, and I didn't assign blame to Asobo.  

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

2 hours ago, YouDontKnow said:

The weekend is almost arrived. I suppose that the bug is not fully solved. 

on to the next weekend 😅

You don't know. Robert will post an update tomorrow or Saturday. There can be great news!

Banner-FS2-Crew-Beta-Tester.jpg

t-l-chargement

3 minutes ago, Alaska738 said:

You don't know. Robert will post an update tomorrow or Saturday. There can be great news!

So you know! That’s great. 

3 minutes ago, Alaska738 said:

So you know! That’s great. 

Man, I'm so glad that I'm not interested in the 700 variant. The anticipation would kill me. I can now simply lean back and watch others go bonkers and expect the release of the airframe that interests me in 3 months. 😉

I have spent a ton of money on airports waiting for my 737 excursions and this thing is just dragging on. Come on already. Ugh.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

41 minutes ago, Farlis said:

Man, I'm so glad that I'm not interested in the 700 variant. The anticipation would kill me. I can now simply lean back and watch others go bonkers and expect the release of the airframe that interests me in 3 months. 😉

And then you can do the same thing the rest of us are doing now..."go bonkers" while we wait for it to finally be released.  So, I guess you can be glad you're not doing that now.  But, in good time, you'll be in the same boat.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

55 minutes ago, Farlis said:

And why not take advantage of it now? 3 months is still a long time especially if there's a delay.

Banner-FS2-Crew-Beta-Tester.jpg

t-l-chargement

3 hours ago, Alaska738 said:

And why not take advantage of it now?

Because I owned all iterations of PMDG's 737 so far and I found that I virtually never fly any other variant than the 800. So that is the one I'm going to buy. And none other.

Edited by Farlis

4 hours ago, Alaska738 said:

Yea, Robert could post : Sorry guys, our 737 takes another two months, bla bla,bla..🥳 🤣

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Not to worry, I am sure Fenix and the A310 dev cannot be that far away. Great times!

• Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,