Sign in to follow this  
teropa

2D panel undocking and saving in WINDOWED mode - not working

Hi,Is anyone else having problems with FSX not saving undocked 2D panel positions in the windowed mode?This is a really serious problem for cockpit builders, who are using the simulator in the windowed mode (including myself).Could someone from the ACES/MS comment on this (Phil?) ?Thank you.Tero

PPL(A)

I would really like to get a comment on this one.I find it really annoying that this basic functionality is NOT working anymore as it has been for years.Why does the FS not return the saved 2D panels in their saved location upon reloading in the windowed mode? Yes this works in the full screen, but not everyone is using the full screen mode. For obvious reasons.This is very important for cockpit building. Ignore this issue, and you ignore hundreds of cockpit builders.Tero

PPL(A)

Guest jimcooper1

I too would like this resolved as I use multi-monitor setups.Jim

Guest Arry

Hello,I agree absolutely.This must be a problem for everybody, who uses more than one view and/or multiple monitors for the instruments or moving maps.It is absolutely annoying, to save a flight with all the windows at the right positions and the next time I load this flight, I have to rearrange all the windows again.This problem has occurred the first time with FSX (not with any FS before) and I don't want to count the time, I have already wasted, to drag all the windows to the right positions again and again.Every start the same.We cockpitbuilders and multiple monitor users REALLY need a solution.I hope, PHIL or anybody elso from Aces will read this thread and give a reactionHappy flyingArryP.S.: My setup has one server, three clients and a total of 9 monitors.

I suspected I wasn't the only one experiencing this...Tero

PPL(A)

Guest Xiderpunk

>I suspected I wasn't the only one experiencing this...>>TeroJust to add your definately not alone in this, I use a two monitor setup and like to run in windowed mode with 2D panels on the second monitor so have the same issue. It works fine in fullscreen mode, it stores the previous window positions on monitor two, just doesn't work in windowed mode.

Guest Bud

Absolutely agree. I'd hoped this issue would be looked at with SP1 and was v disappointed. I use four monitors and it is crucial to me that the undocked panels are correctly placed at start up. I've already tried the solution which has been posted previously whereby you position panels in window mode, then save: go to fullscreen mode, position again then back to window and save again but this doesn't work for me. At present, I'm looking at the possibility of editing the .flt files in terms of panel position and dimension. However, these seem to be rather different than the FS9 files so not having much luck getting my head round them. I'm sure it must be possible for someone who knows what they're doing.Bud

Guest gregul

I also have a two monitor setup and find this issue very annoying... As far as I can remember, this bug was reported somewhere in the forums shortly after the release of fsx. I was hoping it would have been fixed with SP1 and was disappointed that it obviously didn't happen...Greg, Switzerland

BUMP!I am not leaving this topic alone, until I get an answer from MS/ACES.Thank you.Tero

PPL(A)

Guest Bud

I'll join you - this is a vital issue. There has to be a way to save undocked panels. Please can we get a response.Bud

Seems like it's hard to get anybody to react to this :-8 Tero

PPL(A)

Guest Bud

Keep trying. Seems like FSX don't like cockpit builders. I got the 767 today around which my cockpit is built. First thing I noticed was that I cant remove the panel windows without leaving a big black hole. FSX does not have the 'maximise view' option which FS9 had.Bud

Guest Bud

Sorry - I have to put this up again. The ACES team has proved to be first class in responding to many issues - some, if I may say, not quite so critical as this. I cannot understand why no pronouncement has been made on this.It is not just cockpit builders who are affected, it is any simmer who uses more than one monitor and this is an increasing number. For me FSX is just not properly functional if I cannot load a flight with the undocked panels in pixel perfect position.There must be a way to achieve this, surely. If it can't be done thro' the program, then could it be done by editing the flt. files. I assume the parameters which these contain determine the location of undocked panels on start up.Please, please can someone from ACES make a comment.Bud