Sign in to follow this  
teropa

2D panel undocking and saving in WINDOWED mode - not working

Guest RonB49

Granting that I'm currentlu using only two monitors, I don't have much trouble. When I finish a session, I redock the panels to the primary monitor. Then when the next session starts (with the panels docked) I right click each panel and undock it. They pop up on the second monitor right where they were the last time they were used and before they were redocked.If I forget to redock before exiting FSX, then I have to slide them across the next time I start up. Have you tried this? It is different than FS9 but not too bad in my case, unless I'm completely misunderstanding the problem.R-

Guest Bud

FrankI run a TH2G config under XP and this is a problem, believe me. No-one is knocking ACES, what we are doing is quite simply asking for a comment. I'm afraid your opinion is wrong - this IS an FSX issue - if it were not, I'm sure we would have had a response before now. The fact that there was no single posting on the FSX Beta site just confirms that the needs of home cockpit builders/multi-mon users, are not adequately considered in the testing process.Bud

Guest Bud

Why are we being ignoredBud

Guest Arry

Hello again,I like FSX, but I really don't like, to rearrange all the windows each time I fly, and that is quite often.Please ACES: we are waiting for a comment on this !!!!And there are many other FSX simmers, who want a solution, but can't write here, because they are not English talking or writing.I know several Spanish and German guys, who want a solution !!Happy landingsArry

I have only two monitors.From scratch. A new filght setup.In 2D view.I undock my Level-D pedistal (radios etc) to the second monitor.I undock my FMC to the second monitor.Next, I go to full screen mode.It takes a few seconds to redraw.Now I have both monitors displaying panels correctly.Next, I go back to 2D view. Wait for the screens to redraw.Save the flight.Next time I load FX and load the saved filght both mointors come up in 2D with all panels properly displayed.Hope this helps a few using a two monitor setup.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Guest Bud

This one has been posted before. I've tried it before in FS9 and it seemed to work OK. Unfortunately it doesn't work for me in FSX. This could be down to the number of monitors I have - a lot , or possibly screen res/card drivers, I dunno. Frankly it is just one of a number of issues which were fine in FS9 but not so fine in FSX.The important point here, though, is that for some reason, and I can't for one moment think what it might be, users of FSX are having their pleas for help completely ignored.Bud

What is you Video card?If you try it with just two monitors, does it work?It seems to me that, with a two monitor setup/extended desktop mode, in MSFSX, the windowed positions on the second monitor are not saved unless you switch to fullscreen then back to windowed mode prior to saving the flight.With FS9 it would not require the switch to full screen ... it would save your "current" setup ... from the windowed views on both monitors. This is the way it should be. Especially if there are more than 2 monitors.When you right click on the desktop to bring up monitors information/setup, does it show all your monitors ... I ask because I never had mor that two monitors.>This one has been posted before. I've tried it before in FS9>and it seemed to work OK. Unfortunately it doesn't work for>me in FSX. This could be down to the number of monitors I>have - a lot , or possibly screen res/card drivers, I>dunno. Frankly it is just one of a number of issues which>were fine in FS9 but not so fine in FSX.>>The important point here, though, is that for some reason, and>I can't for one moment think what it might be, users of FSX>are having their pleas for help completely ignored.>>Bud

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Guest Arry

Hello,.... and still no answer or any comment from any official side.Don't they care for cockpit builders and/or multimonitor simmers ??Happy landingsArry

... and can we have 'rain on the windshield' switched back on please, which is another feature that was switched off in FSX with no sound explanation. At least make it 'optional'.Vox

Guest Bud

Hello VaughanI've never tried with just two monitors. I have six in total at the moment. Yes, my set up info is all shown. This is important for me because the positioning of the monitors in Properties has to be just right in order for the mouse to be able to run between the various monitors in an appropriate fashion.The video cards at present are 7900 gts slightly overclocked. I'm in process of replacing with 8800s. This is not the only issue I have with FSX over FS9. There are other major concerns, one of which has been mentioned. However, I really would like an 'official' response to this particular issue. I think we, at least, deserve something.Bud

Seems like we are just being ignored. Totally.What a waste...Tero

PPL(A)

Guest Bud

It isn't a waste, it is a complete and utter disgrace. Clearly the ACES team is still active on the forum, hence the first day of summer thread. Quite why it is OK to talk about future plans, and still ignore an issue which needs to be addressed NOW, is something I just do not understand.Bud