Sign in to follow this  
Falconfly

A QUALITY VABB FOR P3D

Looks like we finally have a quality add-on for my home airport VABB!

Project.max has just released it on simmarket. Reasonably priced as well.

Lets hope it works well.

• Like 1

Clinton Royston Fernandes.

Vabb-Mumbai India.

Interested to hear feedback - my only concern is the pics on SimMarket seem to show several of the tree stands as pretty poor and standing out.  Might be just the shots.

Joe Lorenc

I'll get it in a few hours once I'm back from the doctor. I'll share my feedback.

Vabb-Mumbai India.

1 hour ago, Falconfly said:

I'll get it in a few hours once I'm back from the doctor. I'll share my feedback.

Yes, would be interested in your feedback too. Looks like the best VABB so far!

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

Looks very promising, I'll definitely be looking to add it to my cargo network

PUT In the UK.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600x & Radeon RX570 8GB. Prepar3Dv5.3 @1080p

spacer.png

Just bought it. Will fly into it tomorrow on a cargo route with the PMDG 748. Will let you all know how it is. 

Eric 

Bought it this morning. Installed and flew PMDG B748 out of it.  While certainly not a top level addon like say FB KSFO it is certainly ok on my system and far better than any other alternative.  
I am happy without being amazed….and appreciate developers still looking into P3D where others have abandoned it….

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Regards

Barra

i7 7700K, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, GTX1070 OC 8GB, 1TB Samsung SSD for OS and P3D4.4, W10 64Bit, Corsair H115i Water Cooling

1 hour ago, barramundilure said:

Bought it this morning. Installed and flew PMDG B748 out of it.  While certainly not a top level addon like say FB KSFO it is certainly ok on my system and far better than any other alternative.  
I am happy without being amazed….and appreciate developers still looking into P3D where others have abandoned it….

Hope this helps.

Do you have the issue as with other vabb sceneries of very low visibility and low clouds when using active sky? I know Mumbai is a very polluted city. But I wish that could be disabled as most of the scenery is lost in the clouds.

Vabb-Mumbai India.

11 minutes ago, Falconfly said:

Do you have the issue as with other vabb sceneries of very low visibility and low clouds when using active sky? I know Mumbai is a very polluted city. But I wish that could be disabled as most of the scenery is lost in the clouds.

It was very low visibility when i left, 1.6sm from memory.....  didn't see much but I wouldn't expect to in these conditions.

Regards

Barra

i7 7700K, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, GTX1070 OC 8GB, 1TB Samsung SSD for OS and P3D4.4, W10 64Bit, Corsair H115i Water Cooling

Hey all! One of the Dev here, thanks for all the feedback, hopefully you guys enjoy flying to mumbai as much as we enjoy making it ;-)

On 4/30/2022 at 8:20 PM, Joe L said:

Interested to hear feedback - my only concern is the pics on SimMarket seem to show several of the tree stands as pretty poor and standing out.  Might be just the shots.

It is client side of things, we use a lot of default object to save fps, one of them is the trees on the landside area, the looks of  these are very dependant on what tree textures you have installed :-)

On 5/6/2022 at 5:33 PM, HaykalMx said:

Hey all! One of the Dev here, thanks for all the feedback, hopefully you guys enjoy flying to mumbai as much as we enjoy making it 😉

It is client side of things, we use a lot of default object to save fps, one of them is the trees on the landside area, the looks of  these are very dependant on what tree textures you have installed 🙂

I went ahead and purchased this scenery. Overall, it is good, but I have two issues:

1. The AFCAD has numerous overlapping gates (such as 4L, 4 and 4R) that cause AI to basically occupy the same space / overlap each other.  Gates 4, 7, 8, 17  all have this plus many more (maybe 20+).  Also there are no parking codes assigned.  Would be nice for the developer to offer a solution rather than having to manually adjust ourselves.
  2. To the point on trees - I have ORBX trees, but it still did not change the very ugly trees around the tower / behind C gates at northwest corner of the airport.  These are the same ones visible in the release screenshots.  All other trees around the airport seem fine - but those trees are so bad they look like 20 year old default almost.

Joe

Joe Lorenc

2 hours ago, Joe L said:

The AFCAD has numerous overlapping gates (such as 4L, 4 and 4R) that cause AI to basically occupy the same space / overlap each other.  Gates 4, 7, 8, 17  all have this plus many more (maybe 20+).  Also there are no parking codes assigned.  Would be nice for the developer to offer a solution rather than having to manually adjust ourselves.

I´m reworking the afcad. It´s about 80% now. Maybe I share next weekend. It will be more precise on the lines of the texture and also the parking problem is managed. Maybe I add a few more parkings for GA. If someone can give me advice, which parkings are used by what airlines, I can also add airline codes to the parkings. 

Dan

CA4Wxyv.jpg?1

Edited by blaunarwal
  • Like 5

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

It´s here. Still no airlines assigned, since I have no information about this. If someone can give me information, I will add it. 

FffgWTz.jpg

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_RZH_g7v2skL7Ni1GRGw4g6S-Iexz_o1/view?usp=sharing

Looking forward to your feedback and inputs.

Dan

• Like 1

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

2 hours ago, blaunarwal said:

It´s here. Still no airlines assigned, since I have no information about this. If someone can give me information, I will add it. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_RZH_g7v2skL7Ni1GRGw4g6S-Iexz_o1/view?usp=sharing

Looking forward to your feedback and inputs.

Dan

Thanks for sharing - I will let you know what is see - for me may be a few days since I have limited time during week.

Joe

Joe Lorenc

I found a website of the Mumbai Airport giving information about the terminals and airlines. I will update the afcad accordingly, when I have time. It shouldn't be a lot of work, mostly searching ICAO codes for the airlines. Adding should be easy, just the two terminals.