Sign in to follow this  
Falconfly

A QUALITY VABB FOR P3D

22 minutes ago, blaunarwal said:

I found a website of the Mumbai Airport giving information about the terminals and airlines. I will update the afcad accordingly, when I have time. It shouldn't be a lot of work, mostly searching ICAO codes for the airlines. Adding should be easy, just the two terminals.

Hi Dan,

There also this list from the airport web site itself that lists all the airlines flying to VABB and the terminal they serve.

https://www.mumbaiairport.com/csia-airlines

Also this site is providing some specific gate number info for arrivals and departures: https://www.skyscanner.net/flights/arrivals-departures/bom/mumbai-arrivals-departures

I hope this helps. I recently purchased VABB on Simmarket so would be interested in obtaining the AFCAD update you are working on when you are ready.

Cheers
Mark

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

2 hours ago, 787flyer said:

Hi Dan,

There also this list from the airport web site itself that lists all the airlines flying to VABB and the terminal they serve.

https://www.mumbaiairport.com/csia-airlines

Also this site is providing some specific gate number info for arrivals and departures: https://www.skyscanner.net/flights/arrivals-departures/bom/mumbai-arrivals-departures

I hope this helps. I recently purchased VABB on Simmarket so would be interested in obtaining the AFCAD update you are working on when you are ready.

Cheers
Mark

Thanks, will see if I can get more details from your sources. You can already try the improved version in the link I posted before. It's already much better than Project Maxs afcad. I will update with airline codes and inform here when it is re-uploaded. 

Regards

Dan

Edited by blaunarwal

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

I added now all known airline codes to Terminal 1, Terminal 2 and Cargo. Also on Terminal 2 I shifted some parkings to let AI better park and use jetways. If you encounter odd things with version 1.1 which is uploaded now, please show me a screenshot or gate number to look after. I did not see AI traffic on all gates so I may have missed one to fix.

Also takeoff has been an issue, cause AI does not take off on blastpads. So know I shifted the threshold with an offset instead. Well see, if that works. 

Improved VABB afcad 1.1

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

Thank you for your work to make this even better…

• Like 1

Regards

Barra

i7 7700K, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, GTX1070 OC 8GB, 1TB Samsung SSD for OS and P3D4.4, W10 64Bit, Corsair H115i Water Cooling

14 hours ago, blaunarwal said:

I added now all known airline codes to Terminal 1, Terminal 2 and Cargo. Also on Terminal 2 I shifted some parkings to let AI better park and use jetways. If you encounter odd things with version 1.1 which is uploaded now, please show me a screenshot or gate number to look after. I did not see AI traffic on all gates so I may have missed one to fix.

Also takeoff has been an issue, cause AI does not take off on blastpads. So know I shifted the threshold with an offset instead. Well see, if that works. 

Improved VABB afcad 1.1

Hello

This appears to only work in P3D5.  I tried renaming for V4 and it did not work correctly.  Is there any chance of an adjust for V4.5 users?

Thanks for considering...

Regards

Barra

i7 7700K, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, GTX1070 OC 8GB, 1TB Samsung SSD for OS and P3D4.4, W10 64Bit, Corsair H115i Water Cooling

7 hours ago, barramundilure said:

This appears to only work in P3D5.  I tried renaming for V4 and it did not work correctly.  Is there any chance of an adjust for V4.5 users?

I needed to compile it with v4.5 sdk tools. So now, if you download, there´s a a file called VABB_ADEP4_ADE.bgl in the zip. Try this one.

Since I don´t have VABB installed in my v4.5, I could not test it. Theres a difference in altitude of the stock VABB in v4 it´s 36.998ft and v5 it´s 38.999 ft.

However, the project max afcad in my v5 installation was at 36.998 and called adep4. Probably comiling for v4 is compatible for v5 but not the other way round.

I guess, this altitude works for both sims. If something is odd, please mail me the original afcad you got installed in v4.

There are also problems with jetways. Some parkings that have jetways are not at the right position to dock on. So rework of this airport becomes a long project I fear. A bit poor quality for a commercial product.

Edited by blaunarwal

Has anyone who has purchased it written a SimMarket review? There are 3 and all give it 5 stars. The developer might take more interest if problems were reported. The AFCAD really shouldn’t require such effort to correct the faults.

Just a thought.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

9 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

SimMarket review?

I made the experience, they did not always accept my ratings, although they were always correct. So I just gave up spending time for this. The producer will mostly not be motivated to do something. They only think $$$ and when they sold the product no additional work will be done, since this has to be paid.

Edited by blaunarwal
  • Upvote 1

@blaunarwal, I’ve had a reply from the MKJS airport developer with a fix for the windsock problem. I’ll install tomorrow and let you know.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

16 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Has anyone who has purchased it written a SimMarket review? There are 3 and all give it 5 stars. The developer might take more interest if problems were reported. The AFCAD really shouldn’t require such effort to correct the faults.

Just a thought.

I have held off on a SimMarket review - the developer responded earlier in this thread, so I have been watching for a response.  They say support is via Discord - which I avoid more than Facebook.  I also have issues with the trees - which may be just me - but still hoping developer will acknowledge here.  Barring something soon I will rate on SM - I have done many good and bad . . .

Edited by Joe L
  • Upvote 1

Joe Lorenc

I updated the files again with a gsx.ini, if you want to replace the SODE jetways, which do not connect sometimes. The sode editor is less confortable like the GSX which has a connect test function. Now all jetways work as expected. 

But with this you also loose VDGS parking system. I just added GSX parking systems.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_RZH_g7v2skL7Ni1GRGw4g6S-Iexz_o1/view?usp=sharing

• Upvote 1

I bought and installed the scenery, but P3D v5 keeps crashing (as crash landing) everytime I open a session.

had to disinstall the scenery.

any ideas?

<p>Francesco

7 hours ago, lekijiji said:

I bought and installed the scenery, but P3D v5 keeps crashing (as crash landing) everytime I open a session.

had to disinstall the scenery.

any ideas?

I received the serial number but never received the authorization code

<p>Francesco