Sign in to follow this  
Overload

MSFS Amazing performance boost

Although he ran the clean install app, that had nothing to do with the mod. The performance changes come from not downloading all the Geforce Experience containers/processes. Uncheck all the boxes in the app after downloading the driver, but before installing the driver.

That in a nutshell is what his mod is.

spacer.png

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

4 hours ago, molleh said:

this type of fix/tweak/repair/whatever you want to call it really isn't going to do anything unless there's a very specific problem already in place

That's what it's for and once again I've got identical performance that MrBitstFlyer reports after doing the clean, non-bloated reinstall...but I haven't done this procedure and moreover have 5 nvidia containers showing in task manager.  So yes, MrBitstFlyer most likely had some sort of defect related to his prior Nvidia install so this procedure could have plausibly fixed it.

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

My snake oil offering if you are using a samsung 4KTV (mine is a UN55NU6900) is to turn up you shudder reduction filter to 10 and set NCP 23hz.

If you do it right 24fps will look like 240fps 😋😁🤣

• Like 2

9 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Something else I just discovered - FSRealistic absolutely hammers the CPU!  I just took the FlySimWare C414 up to 26,000ft.  Throughout the climb my cpu performance was dropping.  My fps dropped below 30 and I went from GPU to CPU limited - quit FSRealistic and I went straight back to 40fps and GPU limited!

Interesting because I read in their forums that it was causing stuttering, and I wonder if this is why? 

I have always installed my drivers clean with no bloatware, I don't know if it has given me any performance improvement, I have mostly done it because I see no reason to install junk that I do not use.

Edited by Ixoye

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

19 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

I regularly burn incense before I start a session with MSFS. Amazing improvement! So smooth!

Me too and hang my lucky rabbit's foot from my yoke (which incidentally wasn't that lucky for the said rabbit 🤣)

Honestly I have never used Geforce Experience, always a clean installation with just the drivers and never had issues other than when when I push my poor old 1080TI a little too hard. I keep my PC up to date and still have the original Win 10 installation from back in 2019 when I put the i5-9600K, motherboard & RAM in. I am lucky I only use this PC for MSFS 2020 and some video editing and I never seem to have issues with updates or the sim's performance. The only extra software installed is MSFS 2020 related such as Spad.next, Navigraph etc

I did lots of testing when I got my 43 inch 4K TV and adjusted the settings to get a respectable result and never touched anything after that.  I am more than happy the way the sim looks and performs right now, I am hoping to do some upgrades later in the year.

I am a sucker and always tend to watch these performance related videos when they pop up, sometimes I will try things but as the old saying goes "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

• Like 2

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

I also have five NVidea containers running.  Do we delete four of these ?

Dave Hinson

1 minute ago, DaveH said:

I also have five NVidea containers running.  Do we delete four of these ?

Dave Hinson

No Dave, you either follow the recommended full procedure (else the containers will return with your next reboot) or ignore this.  I've tested my setup and am getting the best performance possible, and I too have 5 NV containers present.

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

on what are people basing the assumption that more than one "Nvidia Container" is erroneous?

Edited by molleh

If I had a separate system for flight sim, I would definitely tweak the system to absolute optimum performance. But since I have all kinds of games and word not allowed on here, I have to keep it relatively up to date on drivers and such.  

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

re. nvidea containers:

The video never said what to d0o(if anything) about multiples 

Dave

So much of these things feel like snake oil nonsense.

You know what fixed a great deal of my performance issues? I stopped listening to so much bad advice except for a few. Q8Pilot did a good tutorial taken from several forums. That helped.

Also, I deleted only the 3D photogammetry cities in everywhere but the USA. There can be a conflict, for some reason, with the other PG cities that degrade performance. Now my TLOD and LOD can be bumped up a tad without having my main thread hate me constantly.

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414---FSS E175+P2006T---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C-22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

On 5/1/2022 at 10:01 PM, FBW737 said:

My snake oil offering if you are using a samsung 4KTV (mine is a UN55NU6900) is to turn up you shudder reduction filter to 10 and set NCP 23hz.

If you do it right 24fps will look like 240fps 😋😁🤣

Oh my Flight'n God....  you have changed my sim for ever and my experience.  Fluid flight simming is possible, I've been as frustrated the past year with an well updated computer and samsung  55 4k  pulling my hair out (what little i have)  But NOW.... FLUID FLIGHT like i envied on those youtuber videos.  I Thank You!!!!!!!

Steve

1 hour ago, sluihn said:

Oh my Flight'n God....  you have changed my sim for ever and my experience.  Fluid flight simming is possible, I've been as frustrated the past year with an well updated computer and samsung  55 4k  pulling my hair out (what little i have)  But NOW.... FLUID FLIGHT like i envied on those youtuber videos.  I Thank You!!!!!!!

Steve

Your welcome! It knocked your socks off right? I've been spreading the good news on that one since before MSFS was released. Yes that's right it works in P3D and XP too. Can't speak for other TV's but it works beautifully on mine and apparently on yours too.

And I'll correct myself: Its not called Shudder Reduction, Its called Judder Reduction.

If anyone else is interested. here is a video on it. The video is over a year old so a couple changes. They are: 1. use the in sim vsync not the NCP vsync. 2. Don't bother setting the frame limiter. 3. Set your refresh rate to 23hz not 24hz. It will works at 29hz too. You probably have to go to 23hz first to get the TV's Judder Reduction filter to activate and then go to 29hz. There is little or no difference though between 23hz and 29hz. If you do it right the game play is perfectly smooth so long as you hardware is deliver more FPS than your Refresh Rate.

Edited by FBW737