Sign in to follow this  
ThomseN_inc

Found a nice little A320 Neo Performance Calc.

Hi guys,

Just wanted to share this nice little tool i came across while googling for a Perf Calc:

Performance Calculation for AIRBUS (pradz.de)

You can chose any of the 320 Family and it works pretty well.

I am in no way connected to the publisher, i just wanted to share my finding.

So shoutout to the guy over there for his tool! 🙂  

Happy simming!

Edit: Maybe we should get the FBW Team and the owner of the Calculator in contact? 🙂

Edited by ThomseN_inc
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

Nice one, thanks for sharing

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

Just now, Car147 said:

Nice one, thanks for sharing

Sure thing!

• Like 1

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

Thanks, even a 330, would be ok for the headwind A330 900 Neo. Weird as when you increase the runway length the V2 increase, and if I increase flaps the V2 is, increased?

That website (and the calculator) isn't new but has been offline for quite a while. Good to see it back again. 

Thanks for the link. I've been doing TOGA takeoffs only due to the lack of calculated performance data. Does anyone know of any handy ways to get this calculator to work inside the sim?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kopteeni said:

Thanks for the link. I've been doing TOGA takeoffs only due to the lack of calculated performance data. Does anyone know of any handy ways to get this calculator to work inside the sim?

Not inside but i use it on my tablet/mobile. Works well.

• Like 1

On 5/1/2022 at 8:43 AM, ThomseN_inc said:

Edit: Maybe we should get the FBW Team and the owner of the Calculator in contact? 🙂

Maybe, but not to use this calculator as is. It isn't even close to accurate for the A320neo/Leap 1A-26.

I recommend SmartSim. Any other calculator (including the one mentioned here) is horribly wrong. The one from the OP e.g. Almost always commands TOGA thrust, which is rarely the case in normal conditions in real life. Most other calculators are based on the CEO and are therefore just as wrong (the NEO e.g. has 2 Tons more maximum takeoff weight because of the stronger engines).

SimSmart (or SmartSim? Im confused sorry) is very close to the real life perf calc. I can recommend it, it always worked fine for me.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I have just flown the development version of the FBW A320 out of KSAN and used both this Performance Calculator alongside the SimSmart payware performance calculator. Entering the same data, the calculated results are significantly different.

The free one (this one) gives me V1 =132, VR=133 and V2=148 with flex temp of 33

the SimSmart one gives me V1=142, VR=142 and V2=143 with flex temp of 68

For comparison I then looked at what the FBW A320 FMC generated, and they only do the V speeds, and they were much closer to the free performance calculator

So, I have no idea as to which calculator is the nearest to what it should be in the real world.

Any thoughts or comments?

George Westwell

5 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

I recommend SmartSim. Any other calculator (including the one mentioned here) is horribly wrong. The one from the OP e.g. Almost always commands TOGA thrust, which is rarely the case in normal conditions in real life. Most other calculators are based on the CEO and are therefore just as wrong (the NEO e.g. has 2 Tons more maximum takeoff weight because of the stronger engines).

SimSmart (or SmartSim? Im confused sorry) is very close to the real life perf calc. I can recommend it, it always worked fine for me.

I'll check SimSmart but it looks like their homepage is down at the moment.

Edit: Never mind, looks like they have a new one. Just bought it and first look is nice! Will test later.

Edited by ThomseN_inc