Sign in to follow this  
ark

Locations of MSFS SU9 Startup Splash Screens?

Anyone happen to know where the sim startup splash screens are located for a standard MS store install?

Thanks,

Al

Edited by ark

Yeah, noticed after I posted that might not be relevant anymore.

Try: "C":\MSFS 2020\Official\OneStore\fs-base\missions\Common\LOADING\BOOT

Regards, Kendall

46 minutes ago, irocx said:

Yeah, noticed after I posted that might not be relevant anymore.

Try: "C":\MSFS 2020\Official\OneStore\fs-base\missions\Common\LOADING\BOOT

Have been trying that. The pic I want to change is labeled background_loading.jpg. I tried renaming the original and substituting my own pic, but saw no change when starting the sim. Maybe that startup screen pic is protected somehow.

Thanks for the inputs,

Al

I recall over on the flightsim.to page for the 'modern ai' utility, the designer posted a message about how to replace his images on the FLY loading screens. They have to be exactly the right pixel dimensions, or something like that. So resized in Gimp or Irfanview may do the trick.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Speaking of splash screen startup images...Does anyone know where the current World Update screen city is? The one with the red bridge and what looks like an island in the distance. It must be somewhere in Spain, Portugal, Gibraltar, and I think the other one is Andorra!! Apologies for my senior moment and lack of memory. Pun intended LOL. Apologies also to the OP for the slight hijack of the thread.

Regards...Ken.

Ken.
I believe it’s Lisbon. 
Cheers

Edited by Quaere Verum
Changed Kenny to Ken

23 minutes ago, kenny584 said:

Speaking of splash screen startup images...Does anyone know where the current World Update screen city is? The one with the red bridge and what looks like an island in the distance. It must be somewhere in Spain, Portugal, Gibraltar, and I think the other one is Andorra!! Apologies for my senior moment and lack of memory. Pun intended LOL. Apologies also to the OP for the slight hijack of the thread.

Regards...Ken.

It is indeed Lisbon. 😉

• Like 1

Regards,

Hugo Bravo

LPPT

Hi Hugo Bravo.

Many thanks. 🙂 We have a tv show here in the U.K. that shows great locations as its intro but no names to go alongside them. I find it annoying because I would like to check them out in Google Earth. I'll go check out Lisbon. I have never been there.

Cumprimentos...Ken.

On 5/2/2022 at 11:12 PM, kenny584 said:

Hi Hugo Bravo.

Many thanks. 🙂 We have a tv show here in the U.K. that shows great locations as its intro but no names to go alongside them. I find it annoying because I would like to check them out in Google Earth. I'll go check out Lisbon. I have never been there.

Cumprimentos...Ken.

Hello Ken,

I think you won't regret a visit to Lisbon, virtual or better yet in person. 😉

Hope you enjoy.

Cumprimentos.

Regards,

Hugo Bravo

LPPT