Sign in to follow this  
G7USL

[OT] Must see!

Just goes to show that having lots of money, to take you anywhere doesn't give you brains!I wonder sometimes how some can rest at night knowing that half the world is starving while they go on a mindless spending spree?How it is that people are suffering because they can't afford remedial surgery, shall I go on?.................................

Dave Taylor gb.png

>Just goes to show that having lots of money, to take you>anywhere doesn't give you brains!>>I wonder sometimes how some can rest at night knowing that>half the world is starving while they go on a mindless>spending spree?>>How it is that people are suffering because they can't afford>remedial surgery, shall I go>on?.................................Hi Dave,sorry no offense, but I find your reasoning extremely demagogic and hypocritical.First of all, the same can be said about you, me and about everyone else in the "rich" world. How can you rest at night knowing that half the world is starving? You could just spend the money needed to eat and sleep, and give all the rest to the "starving and without surgery" people.A starving child in Africa looking at you could say "How can you spend so many money on useless things as TV, DVD, PC, games, travels, fancy food, and all the rest, when you could renounce to them and let me and another 1000 childs to survive with those money?". As you see, all is relative. What is "necessary" to us? What is not?Secondly, Matt has not a lot of money. On the contrary, he was a games programmers who at one point quit his job and used the saved money to go round the world.Read this:http://www.wherethehellismatt.com/about.htmland this:http://www.wherethehellismatt.com/faq.htmlI guess he certainly has a more open mind and enjoys life more than you, me, or most people.Marco

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Marco,I am not an hypocrite, so please don't call me that.The cost of going around the world to dance like a moron for a camera far outweighs my existence on benefit.My 64 years now puts me on the scrap heap.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Sorry but in my eyes I feel you are. Just on your signiture you have two expensive payware airplanes. There are freeware versions available, not as accurate but you could've saved $70 for people who are starving in other countries. ;-)

>Marco,>>I am not an hypocrite, so please don't call me that.Sorry for that, probably you are not. I was however referring to the reasoning itself.>The cost of going around the world to dance like a moron for a>camera far outweighs my existence on benefit.Have you an idea of how much money did you spend on "unnecessary" technology related items in your 64 years of life? New cars, etc.?According to your reasoning, I could tell you: "you should have renounced to them and gave those money on charity". If he enjoys life going round the world instead of buying things, new cars, etc, (and call him a fool!), doesn't he have the right to do so without feeling guilty for all the starving children? (As, after all, we don't fell guilty for them when spending 1000$ on that new PC for FSX).Marco

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

>The cost of going around the world to dance like a moron for a>camera far outweighs my existence on benefit.>If nothing else, dancing around the world, adds tourism dollars to the cities visited, which in turn, provides many jobs to help those poor and in need of medical care, as you've described.Therefor, it can't hurt...L.Adamson

>>I guess he certainly has a more open mind and enjoys life more>than you, me, or most people.>Just watched this all the way through this time with my 21 year old daughter, for the scenic views, not the dancing :D After high school graduation a couple of years ago, she traveled from the U.S. to Germany, and spent a month there traveling around the country. IMO, it's a great education, and opens one's mind to different cultures, scenic wonders, architectural design, etc. She thinks it was a great experience, and so do I!IMO, if someone has the opportunity to travel like this, and open their mind far beyond the limitations of their own backyard, then great!Besides, as I said before, your tourism dollars provide a job for someone else. That's the way the world works!L.Adamson

>Have you an idea of how much money did you spend on>"unnecessary" technology related items in your 64 years of>life? New cars, etc.?I have never even been in the position to consider buying a new car, I have spent a little on FS Addons though.I think that at my age I believe I am entitled to have a bit of pleasure before I pop off.For a younger man though it's rather a code of life, IMO.To illustrate my point I include this statement from Heather Sherman whom you may remember was the first lady astronaut and it touched me deeply................Good day!As many of you know, my work is and has always been free. I enjoy being able to give back to the community from which I have received so much pleasure.I am one of those people who always try to find something good in every situation, no matter how bleak it may be.I am semi-disabled with a heart condition that prevents me from working a full-time job which, in this small town, means pretty much any job. The good aspect of this is that it gives me an abundance of time to apply to this hobby that I would not otherwise have.The bad part is that my level of disability is right in that gray area where it is difficult to find work yet I am unable to draw any disability compensation. I am also uninsured which means that I have to scrape up around $250 a month just to cover my medication.Every tme I upload some of my work, my biggest hope is that you will enjoy it as much as I do providing it. I get many emails of thanks and for me that is all the payment I ever need.On the other hand, in light of my medical and financial condition, if you like my work and can afford to donate, anything would be greatly appreciated and would help considerably. Mail to:Heather ShermanP.O. Box 1044Harrison, Arkansas 72601orPayPalpharoah42@eritter.netAgain, this is strictly voluntary and please do not send anything if you yourself are in difficult times. I would be most upset at that.All of my work is free and you are under no obligation whatsoever other than that I hope you enjoy what I am able to provide.Sincerest regards,Heather Shermanpharoah42@eritter.net

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest TWVA395

Wait one minute! Dave is entitle the right to his opinion and for people to fly-off-the-handle here is just crazy! He has a point by saying that his money could be put to better use, but what you other people can't sa y or talk about is how Dave is financially... so he bought a $30 flight sim add-on, whose to say he doesn't donate $5,000 a year to the red cross? Give me a break.http://www.kthxdone.com/images/kw_ft.jpgKen Weik [link:maam.org|MAAM-SIM][link:library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=root&SearchTerm=kenneth+weik&Sort=Added&ScanMode=0&Go=Change+View]My AFCADs

>Wait one minute! Dave is entitle the right to his opinion and>for people to fly-off-the-handle here is just crazy! He has a>point by saying that his money could be put to better use, but>what you other people can't sa y or talk about is how Dave is>financially... so he bought a $30 flight sim add-on, whose to>say he doesn't donate $5,000 a year to the red cross? Give me>a break.EVERYONE's money could be put to better use. Those $30 could be donated and feed a child for one week. But nobody here would say to Dave "do not buy that add-on, because the world is starving".Maybe you're thinking 30$ is different from 5000$, but that's not so different indeed. It's very easy to say "I would donate 5000$ a year if I'd earn 100.000$ a year".But even if one'd earn just 20.000$ a year, he could donate, say, 1.000$ a year, only by renouncing to "unnecessary" stuff (cinemas, buying new stuff, holydays). But of course nobody will do it.So, again, who are we to pretend to say that "cinemas, new stuff and holydays" are more "necessary" than "goin' round the world"? (Because it's that we are saying, actually).Marco

>>Maybe you're thinking 30$ is different from 5000$Well it was when I went to school! but that's>not so different indeed. It's very easy to say "I would donate>5000$ a year if I'd earn 100.000$ a year".I would most certainly donate as much as I possibly could. I certainly wouldn't waste it by being video'd dancing like a moron.I believe that man should help his fellow man, that my freind is called civilisation.>But even if one'd earn just 20.000$ a year, he could donate,>say, 1.000$ a year, I did donate to every single cause that was displayed on national television. Remember Thalidomide, Biafra, the latest ecological disasters?only by renouncing to "unnecessary" stuff>(cinemas, buying new stuff, holydays). But of course nobody>will do it.Wrong again, WE DID.Perhaps, that is what made us British great eh?The Red Cross originated here, we were always the first ones in in any conflict, not that I am trying to take anything away from my American colleages.It's all about whether your freind is ignorant enough to sleep at night in his nice warm dry bed knowing full well he could have spent it more wisely by helping others not as fortunate as himself during his expensive trip?As for the guy that filmed it, I beleive he goes to sleep every night, laughing hysterically as he re-lives the memories.I've seen some crazy video's in my time but, this has got to be the craziest. Behaviour like shown in the video is more befitting someone that is 'Not quite normal'.

Dave Taylor gb.png

>I've seen some crazy video's in my time but, this has got to>be the craziest. Behaviour like shown in the video is more>befitting someone that is 'Not quite normal'.Hi Dave,well I think it's pointless to argue further, it's obvious everyone will keep his own ideas.Only, I think you fail to get the real message conveyed by the video, which certainly is not "Do spend thousands of $ to travel and then act as a moron" as you seem to think.I, for one, am not ashamed to say that everytime I look at that video, it nearly brings tears to me. And I'm not the only one, as you will se if you read comments on:http://www.wherethehellismatt.com/blog/200...rk-ny-its-done/Bye :)Marco

>I, for one, am not ashamed to say that everytime I look at>that video, it nearly brings tears to me. And I'm not the only>one, as you will se if you read comments on:>Maybe more of us "American citizens" should dance like that. Then we wouldn't be SO FAT! :-hah L.Adamson -- from the U.S.A.

Read the guys statements he isnt a rich guy he saved some money then went traveling. After his videos were noticed he got a gum sposnorship. Dave didnt want people commenting on what he does with his money yet Dave commented on what Matt did with his money. Give me a break.