Sign in to follow this  
Fielder

Carenado Waco

Nvidia driver mod having upped my fps, tonight flying the drop dead gorgeous Waco!

I cheat a bit by making the pilot 305 pounds and putting a 25 pound suitcase up front. (You have to do this in the hangar before going to FLY. It can't be done in this plane in the handlebar).

And like with warbirds, I use assisted takeoff in the MSFS options. Until MSFS makes realistic tail drag physics I am forced to do that with over powered tail draggers. Carenado put in a larger engine than most Wacos. So it's squirrely on the runway like a warbird. I never do any of this with trike gears no matter how powerful.

I think it's Carenado's most handsome plane. I fly with seat scooted back so I can see the rear view mirrors and a larger windscreen view.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Upvote 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Forward center of gravity, tends to keep a plane going in a straight line.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

"Wheee!", s

55 minutes ago, darshonaut said:

The idea to use the assisted ruddder for these birds is a good advice. 👍

I have the P40 something and I have no rudder pedals.

I will try this advice, because right now I never fly it because I

crash too much when taking off 😕

It plagues every warbird. Not the maker's fault. It's the Asobo physics.

"Whee!, said the Avangel. (ok she didn't say wheee)...

• Upvote 1

I flew the Waco on Friday,  I was exploring old US Airmail routes.  It will try to kill you,  lol.  The Waco paints by Jan Kees Blom are very nice.  Really like his work.

https://flightsim.to/file/6691/waco-ymf-5-nr46m-us-mail

Waco YMF-5 NR46M US Mail Microsoft Flight Simulator

https://flightsim.to/file/28404/waco-ymf-5-in-dark-green

waco-ymf-5-in-dark-green-8xrLG.jpg?width

https://flightsim.to/file/6692/waco-ymf-5-nc809n-texaco

atGCNj4w.jpg?width=1400&auto_optimize=me