Sign in to follow this  
petz_e

ATC never tells me to fly a star, only to expect it

Hi,

I have the problem that ATC does not clear me to descent via a star. They basically leave me hanging at cruising altitude and all of a sudden instruct me to descend to the altitude of the final approach fix. They do inform me to expect the star, e.g. "AIRFRANS Six One One Six Expect the NARA Six Lima  arrival  with the NARAK transition  for the  ILS  approach to runway Three Two Left with the ADIM1 transition  at BLAGNAC." But they never tell me to fly it. After the "expect ..." it's only hand offs.

If I manually request an enroute descent at my calculated descend point I get the following answer: "AIRFRANS Six One One Six Negative, Continue descent via the NARA Six Lima  arrival". But they never told me to descend via the SID.

Edited by petz_e

Please email the log file for this flight to admin@p2atc.com and I'll have a look.

There seems to be some problems with descents of all sorts in the Beta 2q.

Dave

4 hours ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

Please email the log file for this flight to admin@p2atc.com and I'll have a look.

There seems to be some problems with descents of all sorts in the Beta 2q.

Dave

I will do that. But just to make sure, is the log simply whatever text gets printed out in the console, or is the log a file on my disc?

Edited by petz_e

Sorry about that.

P2A Log files are located in: C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200\Logs where <UserName> is your PC user name. 
Portions of the path may be hidden by default, so be sure Windows Explorer has Show Hidden Items checked in the View tab.
A new one is created each time you start Pilot2ATC, and is closed when you shut it down. So if you take the most recent one after you have the error and after you shut down P2A, you should have the correct one.  
Dave

1 minute ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

Sorry about that.

P2A Log files are located in: C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200\Logs where <UserName> is your PC user name. 
Portions of the path may be hidden by default, so be sure Windows Explorer has Show Hidden Items checked in the View tab.
A new one is created each time you start Pilot2ATC, and is closed when you shut it down. So if you take the most recent one after you have the error and after you shut down P2A, you should have the correct one.  
Dave

Got it. Thank you very much, Dave!