Sign in to follow this  
Rogen

Reach for the Oxynator

I was playing around with the Oxynator in A2A's C182 and it works really well, so well I'll be adding it to my other A2A aircraft (that don't have an Oxygen system).

A2A's Accu-sim measures the oxygen level of the pilot's blood and a few enterprising fellows have created some nice gauges that add Oxygen systems to A2A aircraft and thus it's now possible to fly higher than ever before.

Of the 2 gauges I've found Oxynator the easiest to install and use.

Note: It needs a registered version of FSUIPC.

A2A's Forum Post regarding Oxynator

Download from the AVSim file library

Here we're getting pretty high up and blood oxygen is reducing, unfortunately I neglected to refill the bottle after my last flight and once the aircraft is moving it cannot be refilled.

I did take the plane all the way up till I fell unconsous, then fell out of the sky... Once blood oxygen gets back into the green you can try to recover but usually by then it's too late.

spacer.png

• Upvote 2

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

😁
hey, it’s Maddz , glad your useing / enjoying it. 

Luke Pype

42 minutes ago, MaDDogz said:

😁

Your oxygen saturation gauge has a weird scale - you missed one notch, so each mark is a decrease of 11%, not 10%. 😉

Also, o2 saturations would almost always be reported using a digital percentage readout - haven’t ever seen a steam gauge version.

finally, if you want to go pro, report the oxygen partial pressure in the blood as well, reported in mmHg, derived from the o2 saturation using the oxygen dissociation curve.

don’t get me wrong, it looks really cool and is a great idea, just some feedback from someone who works in the area. Cheers!

• Upvote 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Hey  Rob.

this was something I knocked together in a few hours…then CC_aero from A2A’s forum made it what it is now. 
It wasn’t intended to be all that, just to stop you passing out at altitude. Of course all that is possible, but I’ve moved on to other things now.

Luke Pype

I see the OP is using Real Trim. There is a version here on the Avsim library but it is for FS2004. Is this version compatible with P3Dv5 or is there an updated version? Thx.

Also, which cloud add on are you using?

Edited by Samaritano

On 5/2/2022 at 11:18 PM, MaDDogz said:

😁

Hey Maddz, yeah, it is something I'm enjoying 🙂

A2A have such depth in their aircraft and it's the flying with consequences and their on the number perfomance that makes it fun.

And it's good to be able to equip the aircraft with enhancements such as a functional oxygen supply.

Cheers

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

22 hours ago, Samaritano said:

I see the OP is using Real Trim. There is a version here on the Avsim library but it is for FS2004. Is this version compatible with P3Dv5 or is there an updated version? Thx.

Also, which cloud add on are you using?

I'm using Real Trim Pro. Works well enough in P3D 4.5 (x64 support), I haven't installed / checked in v5 as yet because although I have v5, I'm happier with v4.5 atm, I don't see why it wouldn't work though seeing as v5 is x64 (as is v4.5).

https://www.blublu.at/BluBlu/en/realtrim-professional-unique-new-trim-system-for-fsx-and-p3d/

The clouds add on are based on Rex Textures and a custom cloud.fx shader which you can obtain and read more about at the below post.

Note the shader is very heavy on GPU, and you might find it's only usable where there is not full cloud cover, although certainly if you've a 3080+ it works well in almost all situations.

Cheers

I've been tuning the shader to suit my preferred look, just adjusting the shadow darkness and brightness atm.

The values in the shader I've changed are SetPSS1 & SetPS90

// static const float SetPSS1 = 0.98   ; // TBM default = 0.75 (Cloud Shadows darkness)
// static const float SetPS90 = 1.32   ; // TBM Default = 1.20*1.35 (calcs to 1.62). This value does have an overall effect on the general cloud brightness - lower value = darker clouds

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

In this pic I was trialling adding a tad of red to far clouds.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Hey Rogen thanks a lot for the info. Your sim looks really good.