Sign in to follow this  
roadrabbit149

Problem with Default Beech Baron Be58

I have been flying a Cessna 172SP on XPlane 11.55 without any technical problems regarding set up. However, when I try and load the default Beech Baron Be58, neither the elevator nor the aileron controls connect. I use a Logitech/Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System. The rudder system, and all throttle quadrants work (I use two quadrants) as do all othe buttons and switches.

I have gone through calibration and control assigments according to the XPlane Manual but without successful resoltion of the problem. I tried the section "My Joystick or Yoke Isn't Working" and found that, unlike when using the C172 SP and XPlane 11.55, there is no data ouput for elevator or aileron when the controls are moved. The section concludes that this means a problem with my hardware. I don't agree, because it works correctly with everything else - on XPlane, MSFS and with P3D (I run all three to match my students' systems). I feel there is smething not quite right with the default Baron.

Has anyone else experienced this, and is there a solution?

Intel i9900K @ 3.60 GHz, nVidia RTX 2080i (11 GB RAM onboard),
32 GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 1TB SSD, 500 GB SSD, ASUSTek Z390-Plus Mobo
(LGA1151); Running P3Dv5.4, MSFS2020 and XPlane11;

2 hours ago, roadrabbit149 said:

Has anyone else experienced this, and is there a solution?

Absolutely no problem here with the B58, although I tend to fly the G1000 mod of it.

Perhaps corrupt preferences? you can make them from fresh by renaming the folder (Output/preferences)

AutoATC Developer

Have you multiple controller profiles in XP11 ? And if you do ( not only the Default ) have you associated the correct one to the B58 ?

I have profiles for roary wing recip, rotary wing turboprop, single prop recip, single prop turbo, multi prop, .... and have it all assined to the various aircraft in my setup. Sometimes when installing a new aircraft or starting to use it for the first time I forget to associate the correct profile and the first time it loads for a flight it feels "strange"...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Problem solved! Unlike my Cessna 172SP set-up, the Baron Be58 was recognising multiple joysticks. When I set the parameters in the second joystick to zero, the joystick indicator showed only for my Logitech/Saitek Pro Yoke. Full flight controls were then available.

Thanks for the responses.

Intel i9900K @ 3.60 GHz, nVidia RTX 2080i (11 GB RAM onboard),
32 GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 1TB SSD, 500 GB SSD, ASUSTek Z390-Plus Mobo
(LGA1151); Running P3Dv5.4, MSFS2020 and XPlane11;