Sign in to follow this  
Guest allcott

FSX for Under a Tenner (GB

Guest Big Vern

Make of it what you will, but FSX is now on sale in the UK for less than

Hmmm.. I was initially very interested but it looks to me like it is not the deluxe version which may or may not be a problem with addons in the future.Good find though.regards Jim

They say that, when you see soemthing that looks too good to be true. Its usually because it is too good to be true.The problem is that this offer looks to me to be secondhand programs. Buyer beware!Once FSX has been registered/activated, its no earthly good to anyone else. Microsoft Support's words.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest kd001

>The problem is that this offer looks to me to be secondhand programs. Buyer beware!Once FSX has been registered/activated, its no earthly good to anyone else. Microsoft Support's words.

Guest TomOOO

I guess the retailers will need to "dump" the pre-SP1 versionsof FSX before getting new stock of the patched version. Look forward to copies of the deluxe being sold off for the old stockof pre-SP1

Guest MauiHawk

>I guess the retailers will need to "dump" the pre-SP1>versions>of FSX before getting new stock of the patched version. Look>>forward to copies of the deluxe being sold off for the old>stock>of pre-SP1It's been stated by Phil that they do not have immediate plans to repackage FSX with SP1. Even if they did, the fact that the patch isn't included wouldn't destroy the retail value-- those that knew of the patch wouldn't refuse to buy it... they'd just download the patch. And obviously it wouldn't make a difference to those that didn't know of it.

That is incredible. I have never seen a new version of FS selling for so cheap!

Guest abulaafia

Here in Taiwan FSX has been selling for around TWD 600 (USD 20) for months now.==Marten:Weber==P-D920 oc3.64MHz 2GB RAM WinXP ATI X1900+1024MB 2xSATA250 2xVIEWSONIC 19"Best AI available today: www.world-of-ai.com

Their has been lots of customers that have returned their copies because of running problems and general dissatisfaction with the program.They all recieved a full refund.Now you don't believe that 'Microshaft' have binned these disk's, do you?

Dave Taylor gb.png

>Their has been lots of customers that have returned their>copies because of running problems and general dissatisfaction>with the program.>They all recieved a full refund.>There are? How'd you know that then?

Guest allcott

>>Their has been lots of customers that have returned their>>copies because of running problems and general>dissatisfaction>>with the program.>>They all recieved a full refund.>>>>There are? How'd you know that then?I am friends with the manager of a large local retailer. He had 40 copies of FSX on the shelves on Day One, expecting a rush like FS2004. Sold about 20 in the first few days. Had 15 come back. Others have dribbled out the door, then dribbled right back again. Now stocks just three copies at a time and staff sell them with a warning about performance on less than top spec machines. Some customers don't even get out the store before the copy is back on the shelves.He told me a month or so ago that the return rate was 2 in 5. Which explains where Amazon got all their cheap copies from. He didn't know about the release of SP1, nor the benefits from it. Perhaps MS don't want to sell copies any more? And perhaps they seriously need to reconsider batching SP1 on CD with FSX.Allcott

>I am friends with the manager of a large local retailer. He>had 40 copies of FSX on the shelves on Day One, expecting a>rush like FS2004. Sold about 20 in the first few days. Had 15>come back. Others have dribbled out the door, then dribbled>right back again. Now stocks just three copies at a time and>staff sell them with a warning about performance on less than>top spec machines. Some customers don't even get out the store>before the copy is back on the shelves.>>He told me a month or so ago that the return rate was 2 in 5.>Which explains where Amazon got all their cheap copies from.>He didn't know about the release of SP1, nor the benefits from>it. Perhaps MS don't want to sell copies any more? And perhaps>they seriously need to reconsider batching SP1 on CD with>FSX.Finally, some honesty about sales :)Interestingly, copies of FS9 are selling for more than

Guest justflight

For the record, the Just Flight offer is for brand new stock of FSX De Luxe.Also, returned copies are not re-cycled back to retail. They are simply trashed and cases re-used. It is not worth re-cycling PC software. For Playstation the cost of discs from Sony makes it worth re-using them if they are OK. However, for PC the discs are practically worthless and it is not worth taking a chance on anything returned. Also, it costs more to re-cycle a PC game without a proper manual than to make a new one (at the volumes MS are dealing with).Interesting to hear about the retailer who is having so many returns. We have sold about 1200 units (FSX De Luxe) since launch and had about 20 back. I suppose this is because most of our customers are 'in the know' when it comes to flight sim.