Sign in to follow this  
lupedelupe

5+ hours of frustration

I’m sure there is a mod for the Longitude? Otherwise hanger it and take the CJ4 out in its place, but only with the WT mod. Much better aeroplane.

• Like 1

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

22 minutes ago, LRBS said:
Unfortunately, we have some people here that can't accept that somebody has an issue or it might be actually a problem and instead of providing some useful guidance chose just to put up statements like "I had three great flights, No one forces you to use it, Not had a single CTD since release, Clickbait, etc."
Why do some of us instead of trying to find a solution/help choose this path?
What do we accomplish without providing a positive solution or a suggestion?
@IcedOutN8 has the right attitude and is sharing some of his problem/s with a possible solution.
Isn't it enough that this guy has a problem and is disappointed?
Why not help this guy to enjoy this sim again? 

I didn't see the OP in the very first post in this thread, ask about how to solve a problem.  In the very first post in this thread, it seemed like the OP was complaining, and then used the age old "game" vs "simulation" trope for MSFS, thus upsetting a lot of people.

I think if the OP had come in with the very first post, and asked humbly and nicely for help, the OP would have received it.  A lot of people ask for help in MSFS in the forum here at Avsim, and many of us help them. I am still helping a lot of people that have problems with MSFS, and I see a lot of other members here at Avsim who are also helping people with problems in MSFS.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

35 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

I didn't see the OP in the very first post in this thread, ask about how to solve a problem.  In the very first post in this thread, it seemed like the OP was complaining, and then used the age old "game" vs "simulation" trope for MSFS, thus upsetting a lot of people.

I think if the OP had come in with the very first post, and asked humbly and nicely for help, the OP would have received it.  A lot of people ask for help in MSFS in the forum here at Avsim, and many of us help them. I am still helping a lot of people that have problems with MSFS, and I see a lot of other members here at Avsim who are also helping people with problems in MSFS.

Your help is greatly appreciated.
Unfortunately, this not being "humbly and nicely" it might be shadowed by the constant issues with this game flight simulator released with so many issues.
Granted, even multi-million dollar simulators used in the aviation business have flaws, but if we don't acknowledge and fix those issues will be no progress, and will never ever achieve a simulation as close as possible to reality.
I don't see any reason for people to be upset when discrepancies are observed by many users unless they don't know better, not the object of this discussion.
Every one of us has good and bad days, as soon as we don't insult each other I would stay away from lecturing people over small details.
Helping would be much better, IMHO.
  • Like 1

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

47 minutes ago, LRBS said:
Unfortunately, we have some people here that can't accept that somebody has an issue or it might be actually a problem and instead of providing some useful guidance chose just to put up statements like "I had three great flights, No one forces you to use it, Not had a single CTD since release, Clickbait, etc."
@IcedOutN8 has the right attitude and is sharing some of his problem/s with a possible solution.

Thank you kindly for that @LRBS

1 hour ago, IcedOutN8 said:

While I can't help you with FMC issues, CTDs (for myself anyways) was solved by setting a locked FPS in Nvidia Control Panel for MSFS specifically. But this does assume you've got an Nvidia graphics card...

That sounds like a strong suggestion and I will certainly explore that.

29 minutes ago, DylanM said:

Thanks for the links, certainly worth following up on those. 

20 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Yes I suppose I am complaining. It's super frustrating when a product one uses often gives one a string of issues that makes something straightforward impossible. Yes, I was venting my frustration. Yes, I did so on a public forum where I'd imagine most members can appreciate the fact that life is not all sunshine and roses. If there is a rule somewhere that states I cannot post anything aside from glowing reports about the product at hand then I must've missed that. Game vs Simulator: at best it's a simulation: only a full-motion platform is, by the very definition of the term, a simulation. You simply don't see professionals using MSFS to stay current (in a professional capacity). When I did manage to get a flight (in the Longitude) done, the clouds looked great, by the way. 

I didn't ask for help per se, but hugely appreciate the suggestions offered nonetheless.

Perhaps the disappointing part is the cynical comments from some quarters: not very community-minded. Be that as it may, I did manage to at last complete a short leg of the flight (what helped: don't enter LPPT as a destination and try to modify the routing/FMS with more accurate waypoints ... the G3X doesn't like that at all). Only for MSFS to hang when I quit the game. SU9 has been very unstable for me (and, waddya know, others). And the chap on the ramp is still missing his baton. 

I still like MSFS though, but the ongoing niggles ebb away the overall enjoyment. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lupedelupe said:

I had a small amount of time to conduct a quick flight this morning. It's been just short of six hours getting a simple flight – with the Longitude – into LPPT. When MSFS wasn't crashing the FMS was misbehaving or my keyboard shortcuts stopped working. 

How long has it been since MSFS was released and Textron waxed lyrical about how perfect their virtual models were? Why on earth do we still have such utter rubbish in this game (yes game, this is in no way a simulation)? 

On top of that SU9 has been an unstable mess. 

I've had some great moments in MSFS but at the moment I feel I can quite easily turn my back on it and walk away. 

Your installation is borked. Just delete it and reinstall. What's the big deal?

1 hour ago, LRBS said:

Well. If the person would ask in a normal manner - no one would have responded the way we did. 

In Germany there is a saying: Wie du in den Wald rufst, so schallt es zurück. 

or: what goes around comes around. 

Edited by MySound
  • Like 2

I’ve hesitated before posting but I find many of the replies to the OP very disappointing. He has every right to expect a default aircraft to work without issue. If he was having problems with a third-party one then that is riskier.

But for a sim nearly two years old then all the default aircraft should work.

Comments such as “it’s fine for me” are hugely disrespectful and are borderline trolling. If that’s the best you can offer then stay away from the topic. The OP is clearly having problems with the sim and it’s worth bearing in mind there is no documentation provided by Microsoft or Asobo. Not even a troubleshooting guide.

So people come here asking for help and get treated pretty poorly. Reflect on your attitude and if you can’t provide some help stay away.

• Like 12
  • Upvote 5

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

24 minutes ago, LRBS said:
but if we don't acknowledge and fix those issues will be no progress, and will never ever achieve a simulation as close as possible to reality.

Venting at AVSIM doesn't help in any way. If anyone wants to further development, make a precise error report to Zendesk and/or the official forum. As far as I know, even the latter isn't scanned by the developers (much less is AVSIM) but the community managers scan it and report to the developers.

At least that's what I'm doing if I encounter issues (and, yes, I do encounter issues as well, as most of us do).

Kind regards, Michael.

• Like 5

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

6 minutes ago, pmb said:

Venting at AVSIM doesn't help in any way.

I wouldn’t call his post “venting”. He’s clearly frustrated after spending hours trying to fix the problem and has asked for help here.

We've all been in situations like his and you would hope that those who have owned MSFS for nearly two years would be more helpful.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 3

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

19 minutes ago, MySound said:

no one would have responded the way we did.

Sorry, that's no excuse. If you didn't like the tone of the OP's initial post, then ignore it. Why respond with a pack attack, which is the AVSIM way these days, sadly?

Edited by DavidP
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

David Porrett

1 minute ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I wouldn’t call his post “venting”. He’s clearly frustrated after spending hours trying to fix the problem and has asked for help here.

We've all been in situations like his and you would hope that those who have owned MSFS for nearly two years would be more helpful.

I don't see in the OP where he stated that he had spent hours trying to fix the problem. What I did read is that he called MSFS an "unstable mess" and a "game" rather than a simulator filled with "utter rubbish".  Reminds of a child in the neighborhood where I grew up, and when he fell off his bike, he would kick the bike and call it a piece of garbage.  .

• Like 3

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Just now, Bobsk8 said:

I don't see in the OP where he stated that he had spent hours trying to fix the problem. What I did read is that he called MSFS an "unstable mess" and a "game" rather than a simulator filled with "utter rubbish".  Reminds of a child in the neighborhood where I grew up, and when he fell off his bike, he would kick the bike and call it a piece of garbage.  .

Look at the title of the topic. He’s entitled to an opinion on MSFS.

From what I’ve read looking through this subforum there are lots of problems reported after each major update.

Your last sentence adds nothing to the discussion Bob.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

49 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

don't see in the OP where he stated that he had spent hours trying to fix the problem

LOL, I guess you did not read the post tittle "5+ hours of frustration" 

49 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Reminds of a child in the neighborhood where I grew up, and when he fell off his bike, he would kick the bike and call it a piece of garbage

Have you forgotten some of your own posts? You should look in the mirror before posting childish comments like these.

Edited by CarlosF
  • Like 10
  • Upvote 1

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

1 hour ago, RaptyrOne said:

I’m sure there is a mod for the Longitude? Otherwise hanger it and take the CJ4 out in its place, but only with the WT mod. Much better aeroplane.

Agree with this. Yeah, your first problem is using the Longitude. I know many of us wish this model was a higher fidelity, but it lacks an updated G5000 suite. Working Title is working on it now, but until then, I'd fly the WT CJ4 or drop some cash on the Kodiak, BAe-146 or the Maddog MD-82.

• Like 1