Sign in to follow this  
lupedelupe

5+ hours of frustration

Well, this is all rather dramatic, isn't it chaps? 🙂

• Like 5

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

6 hours ago, lupedelupe said:

I had a small amount of time to conduct a quick flight this morning. It's been just short of six hours getting a simple flight – with the Longitude – into LPPT. When MSFS wasn't crashing the FMS was misbehaving or my keyboard shortcuts stopped working. 

How long has it been since MSFS was released and Textron waxed lyrical about how perfect their virtual models were? Why on earth do we still have such utter rubbish in this game (yes game, this is in no way a simulation)? 

On top of that SU9 has been an unstable mess. 

I've had some great moments in MSFS but at the moment I feel I can quite easily turn my back on it and walk away. 

What is your video card, monitor brand, monitor resolution, monitor refresh rate? 
Do you have any issues in other apps? 
Have you stress tested the PC lately (i.e. Prime95 or similar)? 
Can you run the bone-stock C172 with an empty Community folder and complete a flight?

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

This is probably not that helpful but I must have flown about 8 hours worth over the long weekend (post SU9) doing a return trip in the DC Concorde and the sim didn't miss a beat. So it's most certainly not an 'unstable mess'.

It's probably either the aircraft you're using or a mod you've got installed that isn't playing well with SU9.

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Not even a troubleshooting guide

Not true, there are many guides available on the official MSFS support site, 3 of them are even linked to in the first post on the 2nd page of this thread …

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Wonder what OPs computer specs are. My sim has crashed often since day one. I am convinced it is my AMD vid card. It is very subjective, some have issues, some have no issues at all. But I would agree, probably something wrong on your end. 

16 minutes ago, SierraDelta said:

Not true, there are many guides available on the official MSFS support site, 3 of them are even linked to in the first post on the 2nd page of this thread …

That may be helpful to the OP. Perhaps he was unaware of the,.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Three observations on this thread. First, those who really want help solving a problem with MSFS need to recognize that, if there are others who do not have the problem, the solution must be found in their system and/or setup. Second, those who report that they are not experiencing a particular issue should be thanked for providing useful information, not lambasted for so reporting. If I have a problem with MSFS, I want to hear from those who share the same problem and also those who don't. Finally, it is a mistake -- if you really want help -- to digress into other issues, especially ones that are sure to raise hackles. If your car is giving you trouble, does it make sense to start by annoying your mechanic?

• Like 3