Sign in to follow this  
Ted Striker

SP1 Blurries Any Updates?

Guest byoung

Any more news on the blurries? I have a 7600 GS NVIDIA card. Is there new drivers that take care of this problem? Anybody have any thoughts?Thanks!Barry

Guest radivil

I have a 7600GS and there's nothing new since November 2006 I think. This card is really the only weak point of my entire system too.

I very much doubt it is a driver problem. I'm flying with the 91.47 drivers on a 7600GT card and they seem to work just fine.The blurries, at least for me, occur when FSX gets overloaded near cities or airports and cannot keep up with loading the detail tiles as required. At that point, it fails in a less than "graceful" fashion.Another way, for me, is to switch to tower view and then back... that usually loses me all the detail tiles.

Bert

Check on the 93.71 release at the nVidia website and see if it is for you video card too.They are very nice for my 7950GX2.

Guest Vilk

my 7600gs ran fsx post sp1 with 94.24, 160.02 and ngo-modded 93.71 - all very good drivers on an excellent card. zero blurriessorry, i know it doesn't help you in any way (but then again, perhaps you will look elsewhere and find the real problem)best

That is indeed the most current version on the Nvidia site.. thanks for the tip.I got them, installed them and everything works just as before, which is OK. :-)My only "complaint" which I seem to share with others, is that when I approach cities, the detail textures no longer load in time in front of my aircraft (even though the framerates stay at the 20 fps cap) and when I pause the sim to let it catch up, it takes a looong time before the tiles in front of me load. It is hard to envision exactly what the computer is doing for 20-30 seconds just so it can load a handful of tiles..

Bert

I also have the 7600GT(2 in SLI)and updating from the 93.71 to the 94.24 didn't help my blurry problem but my 3D Mark06 score jumped 1400 points.I don't know why nvidia has the newer drivers listed in the archives section and are still showing the 93.71 as the latest.I finally got tired of tweaking,uninstalled and reinstalled again and this time no blurries.Here's a link to the newer drivers for 7 series cards and XP.Michaelhttp://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_94.24.html

Guest byoung

Just to clarify, did the 94.24 drivers correct the blurry problem?Thanks!Barry

Thanks for the link, I'm now running the 94.24 drivers and like them. Combined with the TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=400 setting, this is the best yet.The detail textures still do not quite keep up in urban and suburban areas, which has me hitting the Pause button every once in a while, but when the textures load, the view is just wonderful and puts FS9 out of business. I've just ordered another 1 GB of memory and will see if that helps at all (replacing a 512 stick with a 1024 stick should give me a total of 1.5 GB, up from 1 GB today).

Bert

Guest byoung

I have 2GB of RAM and I am still getting blurries.Can anyone confirm that updating the drivers to 94.24 corrects the blurry problem?Thanks!Barry

I cannot confirm... as the textures still do not keep up with my plane in urban / suburban areas, even at 100 knots.I assume from your post that the memory I've got on order is not going to fix it either...The one thing I have not tried is to completely uninstall and reinstall FSX + SP1... seems like a lot of trouble, but some folks are posting that this fixed their problem... BTW.. The visual quality of the 94.24 drivers is VERY good !

Bert

I hate to have to say it, but after days of blurry battles and false hopes that I had solved it, im back to the default installation. SP1 has left the building for me. I can live with lower FPS, not with the blurries, that is what I could not stand in FS9. Good luck though, but if you get too frustrated and want to do more flying than tweaking, you can always revert for a while until things perhaps get sorted. Danon O.

When I downloaded the new nvidia drivers I also did the April DirectX update.When I went back into FSX I still had the blurries.I had been tweaking all day at this point and as a last resort I decided to uninstall reinstall again.I did the install in the same steps as my previous install and for some reason this time it was a success.I can't say if any of my updating had any affect on the successful install or not but I do know the new nvidia drivers gave me a performance boost.DX update:http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&DisplayLang=enMichael

I've also done the April DirectX update, but I'm not sure any files actually got changed or updated..The DirectX version (in DXdiag) is 4.09.0000.0904 and the newest file is from 8/22/2006... Does anyone have more recent files showing?Windows XP SP2.

Bert

>Just to clarify, did the 94.24 drivers correct the blurry>problem?>>Thanks!>>BarryI use the 94.24 drivers and have blurries ....Regards,Vern