Sign in to follow this  
Ted Striker

SP1 Blurries Any Updates?

SP1 - Is that Standard and Poors Index, Silly Puuter, Still Puttering, Stuck & Praying, Satisfaction Prejudicial......?Say whats 25 to the power 25, thats some bizillion combinations of settings for bandwidth this, fibres that, AA this and that, AI not, AF yes but maybe no or higher no lower, try temporal - no wait try, AF in high quality, 4X, no 8X, no 16X, mip your map or map you mip, enable or not, I know its your cores you have way too many of them to be useful, no you don't have enough - you seem to have a mask over your affinity, night and day - day and night its alright just a little tweak here and a little tweak there and it will be alright, aaaallriggghhhhtttt.Yesterday, I realized that I have spent a way too many days mucking around with this silly game and I just could not get rid of the blurries. I also turned back the clock to the default installation. And then loaded up my FS9....and relaxed with some great flying experience.Oh well. Say la vie!

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Guest jaapverduijn

"(...) Say la vie (...)"A true masterpiece of "franglais" (grin)!Jaap.

3.2 P4(HT), 2GB ram, GeForce 6800 (256MB), XP SP2Yesterday afternoon and evening I was able to sit down with FSX SP1 and spend unbroken time trying to solve my own blurries issues. I've been trying off and on since installing SP1 to tweak everything and get FSX back to what I had pre-SP1, without much success. I thought that adding the {JOBSCHEDULER} AffinityMask setting would help, as it did Bill Leaming and as Phil suggested, but it just did not help get rid of the blurries. I tried all of the tweaks, varied my settings in countless ways, started and restarted FSX over and over again...even with no autogen whatsoever, settings turned down all the way, resolution turned down low, etc. etc. It didn't matter what I did, I flat could not get rid of the blurries and it was driving me crazy.I was all set to give up and try to figure out which patched files fix the dawn/dusk transition problem and the fixed mission files, go back to FSX pre-SP1 and add all of my tweaks back in and just forget it when I decided to try one last thing. I went in to my FSX.cfg file, removed all of the "tweak" type settings, including the AffinityMask setting, the Max_Autogen_Trees and Buildings settings, the Fiber_Frame setting, etc. and then restarted FSX. Before I started a flight, I went into the graphics settings and put everything where I wanted it and turned my Autogen setting to Normal (this is without the Max_ settings in the config file remember), 38M terrain resolution, 1m textures... I then started my default flight...The result: much to my amazement and delight my problems were gone! I took off, settled in to flight and began looking around. My frame rate was locked and steady, my 1m textures were crisp with virtually no blurries as in FSX pre SP1, and to top it off I had no discernible stutters either. I then loaded several "test" flights I was using to check autogen, blurries and frame rates and again I was pleased to see no changes flying in different areas... locked frame rate, blurries gone, no stutters ( I should note that every now and then there is the slightest hint of a hiccup, but it's essientially not even noticeable, not enough to be concerned about). I then bumped up my autogen slider to dense and retested... same result. Only after bumping autogen to very dense did my frame rate begin to suffer a bit, I went back down to dense and regained locked and steady framerate. My sweet spot if you will... I won't bother posting all of my settings because everyone enjoys different things they want to see in the sim and must counter balance having some things turned on and others turned down or off to achieve what they want from FSX.Obviously this is very odd; something for Phil to ponder over, but apparently depending on system variables the core FSX program can get "confused" with what it looks for when starting up and what it finds in the main FSX.cfg file; conflicting variables if you will. All I can suggest after dealing with my own trials and tribulations is try either deleting your FSX.cfg file and letting FSX build a new one from scratch, or try removing all of the "tweak" settings as I did and see if it helps you like it did me. I'm not promising anything, just reporting what my experience was and what ended up working for me. I can only confirm that this did fix the blurries issue for me; strange as it may seem.I hope this helps some of you still experiencing problems, and also helps provide Phil with more information and feedback.Good Luck!

Ken

I tried deleting fsx.cfg several times and no dice, mipbias, no dice, texture_bandwidth, no dice, affinity settings, no dice, lowering fps to 15, no dice, lower quality, no dice, lower AA/AF, no dice, video driver update, no dice.Any other ideas?

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

Same here, Tried every tweak and trick and nothing helps.

Guest YEGspotter

Try reducing detail radius setting to medium and change your visibility to 20 miles (this is done in the custom weather settings). That seemed to be the magic bullet that cured my blurries problem...cheers

Interesting Ken,I have a very similar setup: 3.0 P4 HT, 6800GT(256mb), XP SP2, but only 1 gig of 400 ddr ram (2 x 512mb of pc3200).I used to have to pause my sim to get rid of the blurries. I deleted my FSX config and let it rebuild. Still had the blurries. Then I also followed Bill and Phil's advice and added the affinitymask=1 tweak. Now the textures load much quicker. I can fly the lear over Seattle at 250 knots and 2500 feet and the textures are clear by the time I get to them. I'm hoping that adding another 1 gig of memory will allow them to load a little sooner.I should also add that before I installed SP1, I repaired FSX from the installation disk and installed the latest version (April) of DirectX. Other key settings are AA and Anistropic Filtering selected in the sim and application controlled in the video driver.I sure hope the blurries isn't a dual core problem because I'd like to get one of those so I can turn on some traffic.Hope this helps someone,Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4