Sign in to follow this  
paulyg123

XGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG still nagging me

I see the pinned post on the XGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG crash.  I am getting this crash every time since upgrading to P3DV5.3 - rarely had it in 5.2.  I have an NdvidiaTitan X with 12 GB on it and I see I am only using 4-5 GB.  The crash usually happens after I complete a flight and am the gate just sitting there, or on a 2nd flight shortly after takeoff but during level flights.  All my flights are 1/2 to 1 hour long.  I uploaded the latest drivers from Nvidia experience. 

My question is:

1.  Did the fix reported here solve the problem - as it said temp fix.  no one reported on this really since.  Please tell me your feedback on its success.  I do not have the know how to use those steps, butI canhire someone to do it for me.  

2.  I wonder what causes the crashes?  any insight?   I have plenty of VRAM free - but something will cause it to rash 100% if the time after say 1 hour f flying.

Paul Gugliotta

3 hours ago, paulyg123 said:

I uploaded the latest drivers from Nvidia experience. 

My pinned topic mentioned the driver version. 471.96 are recommended and still used by me.

Not had the error in ages. Editing the Registry is not difficult. Just save it before you start. Here’s a simple guide...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcCuN2x8gM4

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray, I appreciate your help.  Per my Nvidia Control Panel, I see the game ready driver for my Titan X Pascal card is 512.59 which is the latest one available.  Do I keep this driver?

Paul Gugliotta

Do you have terrain and/or Cloud shadows enabled? If yes try test without both. They do give the error here when enabled mostly.

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

yes terrain and cloud shadows are off. I actually cranked up by settings to force a crash and still stable. I have CDU and EFB opened up on 2nd monitor and flying a PMDG 747 from KORD to KMEM with both airport as payware addons.  Getting 30 fps.  I turned down FPS unlimited to 40 fps limited- I wonder if that helps?     I have  GPU monitoring program that says my GPU is 83 dg C and does up to 97 deg C at times.  I often wonder if it is a temperature issue as I never approach the 11 Gb limit.  I mean, how does one know what is the condition that caused the error?

Edited by paulyg123

Paul Gugliotta

Another thing to consider. PMDG planes do not like to be moved to another airport in the same session. It is always better to reboot the PC between flights.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

17 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

My pinned topic mentioned the driver version. 471.96 are recommended and still used by me.

Not had the error in ages. Editing the Registry is not difficult. Just save it before you start. Here’s a simple guide...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcCuN2x8gM4

the only thing me and ray have ever agreed on.  

use 471.96 .   Not had once since

• Like 1

14ppkc-6.png

on a side not can driver  417.96 being used with ms2020,  if i decide to have that aswell as p3d until the qw 787 drops. ? 

14ppkc-6.png

I had a Titan X (Maxwell) and experienced this issue as well. Especially with the FSLabs A320. Following the guidance outlined here worked for me: 

I have since built a new flight sim PC and no longer experience the issue anymore.

Edited by Bnash00
  • Like 2

Benjamin Nash

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4 RAM CL14, Asus ROG Strix 4090, Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero Motherboard, LG OLED C1 48". 

I got one yesterday out of nowhere.

Reinstalled my graphic driver andu pdate to the latest one, same flight done again, no error. Weird things happen :D

Cheers,
Bernd🌈✈️