Sign in to follow this  
1st fltsimguy

Reinstall into Win10 - Various Issues (resolved)

Previously had the GTN750/650 working fine in Win7

I have only just now ported over my PC to Win10.

I downloaded the installer rxpGTN-XPL(2.5.28.6).  I also downloaded the Garmin Trainer GarminTrainerSetup_3230.

I installed the Trainer, I then installed the GTN.  When I fire up XP11.55 I have the menu and it opened up a GTN750 window and said not registered.  Quite frankly I don't know how to "reregister".  Then I checked the second GTN and it gave me a blank window, and the GTN650 is blank in both window popups.

I'm sorry I don't know what to do to get this thing working,  Perhaps I have missed a step that I need to do.

Please advise.

Bryan

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Oh shoot.  Is this the nightmare called F1?  I have to download the installer again, try to remember passwords and such?

Edited by RXP

Near CAM3

OK Partly Resolved!  I totally forget as its been years, that I needed to reinstall F1 Agent or log into my account, then download the installer and load in the lic file or my account info.  What a nightmare on elm street process, I hate it with a passion. 

I was able to find, after a few tries, the passwords and such stored here and there.

QUESTION; Given that I have been always for a bit, and my memory is somewhat, shall we say, vague...I thought that this installation also included the GTN650 or am I mixing this up with the P3D version?

Edited by RXP

Near CAM3

On 5/4/2022 at 6:28 PM, 1st fltsimguy said:

thought that this installation also included the GTN650 or am I mixing this up with the P3D version?

Not that I have ever been aware of.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

On 5/5/2022 at 9:09 PM, fppilot said:

Not that I have ever been aware of.

Now I remember, it was the "complete" version that I bought for P3D from F1.   Sorry for the confusion.

My reinstall has worked great, and I have the two GTNs up and running.

Edited by RXP
  • Like 1

Near CAM3