Sign in to follow this  
ClaytonYosten

World Tour Airport Recommendations!

Hey all,

My friend and I will be starting an around the tour trip with the PMDG 737 when it comes out from MSFS. We are planning on compiling a list of all the places we would like to go and will be working our way through slowly. Fun is the name of the game here, and we'll take our time. With all that being said, are there any amazing airports that you would recommend? It could be a gem of an airport that's unknown to most, someplace cool within MSFS itself, somewhere with interesting/challenging approaches, etc. Only limiting factor is the runway needs to be long enough for our 737's (a little dirt or gravel never hurt anyone either)!

Thanks!

spacer.png

Depending on whether it suits your routing, two challenging approaches which are flight sim favourites, would definitely be MHTG (Toncontin) in Honduras:

And VQPR (Paro) in Bhutan:

Both can take a 737 easily in terms of runway length, but the terrain clearance makes them challenging to fly. They are frequently found on 'most dangerous airport' lists, but that's not really true so long as you check the charts for them carefully and follow the instructions properly.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here