Sign in to follow this  
micstatic

Hand Crafted Airports. Ever get updated? KATL

Hey Guys.  I (like most) prefer the handcrafted KATL over the Imaginsim version.  One thing that was overlooked however was the terminal color.  All of ATL's terminals are now the new black/gray look.  However in the handcrafted airport a few of the concourses still have the old red/orange exterior.  Do they every go back and update these things?  Not complaining just curious.  I realize they probably have bigger fish to fry.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Unfortunately I too deleted ImagineSim KATL.  

If and when FlyTampa does KATL it will be a day one purchase. Meanwhile, an update wouldn’t go amiss…

• Like 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

15 minutes ago, cavaricooper said:

Unfortunately I too deleted ImagineSim KATL.  

If and when FlyTampa does KATL it will be a day one purchase. Meanwhile, an update wouldn’t go amiss…

Well FlyTampa killed their atlanta project already.  But would love to see them bring it back. 

I'm very happy with the hand crafted atlanta.  It just needs a few tweaks here and there. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

8 hours ago, micstatic said:

'm very happy with the hand crafted atlanta

What is a "hand crafted atlanta?" Is it on flightsim.to?

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

3 minutes ago, Twenty6 said:

What is a "hand crafted atlanta?" Is it on flightsim.to?

They mean the one that came with the USA World Update.

There was an airport from one world update updated recently, but I don't remember which one or from what update lol, but it does happen. Just keep an eye on your content manager.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tuskin38 said:

Pretty sure they mean the one that came with the USA World Update.

Gotcha, thx.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

anyone know of a fix for the default hand-crafted KATL that actually allows AI to take off/land?

• Upvote 1

They update them every chance they get. 

Unfortunately it must be for compatibility rather than improvements.

I've never seen any of these airports get one single noticeable tweak or upgrade to my knowledge. I presume once they're done they're done. 

who knows maybe a 3rd party will mod it at some point.  I'm a local and have flown hundreds of time times in and out of atlanta.  certain parts of this version are incredible.  very convincing.  But the wrong colored terminals bother me.  They also really need to improve the ground poly on the runways/taxiways.  With just those two, it's an amazing scenery

16 hours ago, molleh said:

anyone know of a fix for the default hand-crafted KATL that actually allows AI to take off/land?

This one hundred percent. The nodes are broken there and they've never fixed them. AIG even did a couple stories on it (one at http://www.alpha-india.net/2022/04/11/us-world-update-handcrafted-airport-ai-check/ ).

• Like 2

James

Is it in real life the same that the gate numbers on the ground are not extended until the taxiway line? It's hard to imagen how to taxi and find your gate when you the gate numbers on the ground are not visible form the aircraft at the taxiway..., I wish that this could get fixed at all handcrafted airports.

KATL has definitely had a tradition of being done on a "Good enough" basis for a long time.  Atleast in terms of MSFS and P3D.  Not sure what you guys have an xp.