Sign in to follow this  
John Snyder Jr

FULL SCREEN OR WINDOWED

1 hour ago, Roy Warren said:

Thanks for the post Bill.  I changed to full screen and was still able to move both G1000Nxi screens to the other monitor.  I had read somewhere that I would have to use the Windowed mode to do this.  Not so.

I then used the Windows key to get to my Task Bar.

Thanks again,

Roy

I'm glad that works for you Roy.  😊

Bill  N7IBG     

12 hours ago, JustanotherPilot said:

An alternative to Alt + Enter - to access other Apps is to just tap the window icon  on the keyboard - usually located between Ctrl and Alt. Hit it again to return to full screen.

The Windows key on mine just brings up the start menu. To switch between apps that are running I use Alt-Tab.

James

1 hour ago, patful said:

I can only fly in windowed mode since one of the updates last year. I get screen tearing when quickly panning around the cockpit. Only advice I saw regarding this was to fly in windowed mode. 😐

Have you got vsync turn on. If not, that may be a cause of your screen tearing.

• Like 1

James

5 hours ago, Phantoms said:

Have you got vsync turn on. If not, that may be a cause of your screen tearing.

I think I did turn it on when it first happened, but no results. It was only the interior of the aircraft that was tearing, not the scenery. But I just tried it again, no tearing. Thanks!

• Like 1

Always window mode for me.

Amy advantages of full screen?

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

2 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Amy advantages of full screen?

None whatsoever.  This game, when in "fullscreen" really isn't anyway.  It runs in "borderless fullscreen windowed".  You can read more about that here .

• Upvote 1

Thanks. Just realized I’ve been using the borderless full screen option the whole time. No worries alt-tabbing to other windows, I do it all the time. Only have one monitor, but I try to use my iPad for Navigraph, weather etc. And the FBW MCDU.

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

On 5/5/2022 at 7:02 PM, John Snyder Jr said:

Do you fly in full screen or windowed mode? I want to fly in full screen but can't figure out how to get to my desktop should I want to go into apps or the internet. There has got to be a way. I see people on YouTube dragging them in with the mouse but can't figure out how to do that. Any help?

Full Screen.

If I want to get to the same desktop I run MSFS on, I press Win+D to get to the blank desktop or ALT+TAB to navigate to another open Program if there is one.

If I want to get to the second or third desktop (I use several mostly), I press CTRL+Win+Right Arrow. These are not different hardware screens, just different desktops, which is a feature since Windows 10 I believe.

I usually run my additional programs (LNM, AoA and some other MSFS tools) on the second desktop and music and browser and stuff on the third. First desktop is ony MSFS.

Edited by darshonaut

my African sceneries for MSFS : https://darshonaut.blogspot.com/p/msfs-2020.html

I use full screen. T

he FPS performance difference in my case is hugge

Windowed takes away 30 to 40 % performance.

AHS712D Alvaro Escorcia KSGR/OMAA
AirHispania Virtual Airline
MSFS / ASUS TUF Gaming F15-Refresh-144Hz / 11GenIntel (R)Core (TM) i7-11800H
NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX3060GPU / 1TB-Samsung SSD / 32GB-RAM
SAMSUNG-SmartMonitor-M7-32"4K

2 hours ago, wlix261 said:

FPS performance difference in my case is hugge

Windowed takes away 30 to 40 % performance.

Something is broken then.  If you use Nvidia, in the control panel, under 'setup gsync' make sure 'enabled for windowed and full screen mode' , since even in full screen mode, you are actually in a windowed game.

Hi everyone... Sorry to bring this back up, but why would there be a noticeable image quality difference between being in windowed or full screen?  I have a considerable better experience visually when in windowed but prefer to have the experience of having full screen.  What would cause such a difference? 

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

Windowed. Everytime an update switches me to full screen, I get PO'd. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

@Zimmerbz

Just a thought. Have you checked to make sure that your in game resolution settings are the same as your Windows OS screen settings?

Edited by Phantoms
spelling

James

27 minutes ago, Phantoms said:

@Zimmerbz

Just a thought. Have you checked to make sure that your in game resolution settings are the same as your Windows OS screen settings?

I have not.. how would I go about doing that?

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

Full Screen all the way.\Windows mode takes away the beauty of the sim, just make it more REAL.

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home