Sign in to follow this  
RFields5421

Questions about AI model packages

Guest JSPuonti

Question 1: is there a single freeware source for AI airplane models that covers just about every common civil and military aircraft out there?Question 2: if I install an AI package like this (without actually adding them to the AI traffic), will FSX use the low-poly AI models when I join a multiplayer session and don't have a "regular" model available for one of the planes someone else is using?EDIT:Note that I'm not so much interested in having a ton of repaints - I'd just like to have the aircraft models available with some basic paintjob to represent the multitude of planes I'm bound to run into in a multiplayer environment.

Guest ALFS

Have a look here: http://www.world-of-ai.com/The installer is compatible with FS9 and FSX. There are a lot of stunning libraries. Liveries are very good and do not affect FPS.

Guest JSPuonti

Thanks for the link! I took a look at the site but unfortunately as with ProjectAI, for example, they operate from the basis of airliners rather than aircraft. That is, they release packages which come with various aircraft a specific airline uses, rather than releasing packages with a wide selection of unique aircraft models.If I were to download the WOAI Air France and NWA packages, I'd end up with multiple copies of B744s (assuming, for the sake of argument, that I wanted a B744 AI model). I'm really only interested in downloading the models themselves as a single (or a limited number of) comprehensive package, not the airlines and liveries.

Guest ALFS

I've created an additional SimObjects folder "AI Aircrafts" (...SimObjectsAI Aircrafts) and added it in the fsx.cfg file to keep AI aircrafts separated from flyable FSX aircrafts.(square bracket)Main(square bracket)User Objects=Airplane, HelicopterSimObjectPaths.0=SimObjectsAirplanesSimObjectPaths.1=SimObjectsRotorcraftSimObjectPaths.2=SimObjectsGroundVehiclesSimObjectPaths.3=SimObjectsBoatsSimObjectPaths.4=SimObjectsAnimalsSimObjectPaths.5=SimObjectsMiscSimObjectPaths.6=SimObjectsAI AirplanesUsing WOAI installer you can choose FS version (FS9 vs. FSX) and the installation folder (...Microsoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XSimObjectsAI Airplanes).

Guest abulaafia

If you only want the naked models, you will find them in the avsim library (and listed on websites like aardvark, evolveai, etc.) Most are under 2004/AI Aircraft. Some already include a default livery, for other you will have to choose at least one livery. Get yourself some flight plans (also in this library), and then assign the same livery to each entry of the aircraft in the flightplans. Also why you would want to do this is beyond me. ==Marten:Weber==P-D920 oc3.64MHz 2GB RAM WinXP ATI X1900+1024MB 2xSATA250 2xVIEWSONIC 19"Best AI available today: www.world-of-ai.com

Guest JSPuonti

I did explain my reasons in the first post :) I don't need liveries and flightplans for the AI - I'm only interested in the models, IF FSX is smart enough to assign a matching AI-only aircraft to an aircraft someone is using in a multiplayer session.I'm simply looking to get better immersion in multiplayer sessions; I'd rather not see F-14s, C-130s, Airvans and Sopwith Camels replaced by default Cessnas and Boeings. Even if the model is very basic and the texture a placeholder, it'll still look a whole lot more convincing than having to imagine a military cargolifter in the place of an Airbus...I might have come across a better way to get this done than trying to hunt down AI models, though. I realized that Squawkbox and FSInn use third-party low-poly model packages to provide more or less accurate aircraft visuals on VATSIM. I'm going to see if I could get the VIP3 model set to work with regular FSX multiplayer sessions.

Hi there,If you go to the MCDU FSINN site you can download the VIP model set for your flight sim. These are models that are very low tech representations of the real thing but they do let you know what you are actually flying with. These also do have some of the major airlines painted so for example if there is a Air Canada 767 coming in from somewhere that is what you will see. You can download a regular packeage or a lite package as well. I am sure these packages are available elsewhere but that is where I got them from. I hope this is what you are looking for.Tony

I think you should make your own AI, based on what you are saying your goal is.I don't think any of the "packages" are going to give you the flexibility or cleanliness you want. In my opinion, all of them trash up your aircraft and scenery folders with 744's and 738's with oddball directory names and bgl's. I personally want to know where all my stuff is, and exactly what it's doing. I also want them named my way, not someone else's. So I make my own.Re: Question#1, no, there is no single source for models. This is a major pain and it requires us to scavenge.However, there is AI Aardvark http://www.ai-aardvark.com/aiaircraft/aiaircraft.html and also EvolveAI/FSPanter as was mentioned. And there is also the Military aI models which MWAI (or some acronym like that) has.Basically you can take any model and make it into AI. Some of the older models work well because they are lower polycount.The problem with all AI models we have today is that 99% of them have not been updated for some time. This means in FSX, their textures go to black if you are 2-3 nm from them. I have experimented with fallback textures to no avail on that issue.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Is there a way to remove default AI Airliners,As was possible in CF9?

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

But doesn't that get rid of the GA?

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”