Sign in to follow this  
HarryS

Support for New Planes

No stab trim issues here, but again I had no callouts on takeoff using the latest patch, replacing only the Simco64_Ldr.exe file. The throttles were set to around 60% to 70% travel distance with thrust at 82.2% N1 (15° C at 2871 ft at KBOI in case you want to try and replicate the throttle position).

During the landing checklist the F/O responds "now set" to the gear challenge even though the gear is down already.

• Like 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

2 hours ago, threegreen said:

No stab trim issues here, but again I had no callouts on takeoff using the latest patch, replacing only the Simco64_Ldr.exe file. The throttles were set to around 60% to 70% travel distance with thrust at 82.2% N1 (15° C at 2871 ft at KBOI in case you want to try and replicate the throttle position).

During the landing checklist the F/O responds "now set" to the gear challenge even though the gear is down already.

Thanks.

60% is quite low.

The sim reports values between 0 and 16383 (Full throttle). In latest patch the threshold for assuming Climb or higher is 11000 (reduced from 12000).

Will be lowered further.

Not a good idea to mess with the checklist feature right now (so close to release) as it is a very intricate process, involving supporting 50+ complex planes, some with flight engineer.

It's OK for FO to err on the side of caution and just ensure the gear is set as expected. In this case, just a superfluous statement.

The other issue with Flaps up check will be addressed because there is a separate code path for checking flaps specific to PMDG 737. Position 0 was overlooked.

Default planes and a few others where not all info is accessible would have a common "check flaps" code path where "flaps up" simply means flaps retracted and "set" means anything other than retracted.

With PMDG, when you reply "flaps 1", "flaps 5" or "flaps 30", the handle must be in the correct detent.

Maybe later we can push things further to make sure FO checks both detent and actual flaps position agree :smile:

The PMDG SDK is so good that FO could even see when there is "asymmetric flaps extension" as the L & R flaps needles report different values.

Edited by FS++
  • Like 1

What I thought was funny was when I said something but the speech recognition misunderstood what I said, the F/O kindly reminded me that there is "no flaps 10000 position for this aircraft". 🤪

• Like 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

1 hour ago, threegreen said:

What I thought was funny was when I said something but the speech recognition misunderstood what I said, the F/O kindly reminded me that there is "no flaps 10000 position for this aircraft". 🤪

😃😄😁😄

New Patch update. Same download link

Edit: Regarding pax oxygen switch.

Do not get Fo to check it as he's only expected to trigger it on request (and with a need for confirmation first).

Edited by FS++
  • Like 1

mce could not detect aircraft am i doing something wrong

chklists\PMDG737-700

i have the beta patch

need help thank you msfs2020

13 hours ago, FS++ said:

😃😄😁😄

New Patch update. Same download link

Edit: Regarding pax oxygen switch.

Do not get Fo to check it as he's only expected to trigger it on request (and with a need for confirmation first).

Understood. But shouldn't he still be able to tell it's in the normal position already and thus not do anything (or try to put it into the normal position so that nothing actually happens)? What I mean is the contradiction of telling him or scripting using the "normal" position as a command but he puts it into "on". If you would tell him to action the oxygen masks you would do so by saying "passenger oxygen on", not "normal", so "normal" shouldn't make him switch them on.

This is just part of my script for completeness's sake to follow the F/O preflight procedure from an airline's flight manual though, so I may as well delete it.

Btw, what's the agenda for the Fenix A320 (not trying to bury you in work 😁)?

Edited by threegreen

4 hours ago, threegreen said:

Understood. But shouldn't he still be able to tell it's in the normal position already and thus not do anything (or try to put it into the normal position so that nothing actually happens)? What I mean is the contradiction of telling him or scripting using the "normal" position as a command but he puts it into "on". If you would tell him to action the oxygen masks you would do so by saying "passenger oxygen on", not "normal", so "normal" shouldn't make him switch them on.

This is just part of my script for completeness's sake to follow the F/O preflight procedure from an airline's flight manual though, so I may as well delete it.

Btw, what's the agenda for the Fenix A320 (not trying to bury you in work 😁)?

Nothing wrong with your procedures.

Pax oxygen switch state as well as generator drive shaft (IDG disconnect) state are some of those things not readable from the sim. FO can only trigger them.

Edited by FS++
  • Like 1

Using the latest patch from the link.  FO mow is not getting the IRS's set correctly.  Tried 2 flights using the Prepare Aircraft voxscript.  The first flight FO set IRS 2 to ATT (missing NAV), the second he set IRS 1 to ATT (but IRS 2 was correct).

22 hours ago, GKELLERMAN said:

Using the latest patch from the link.  FO mow is not getting the IRS's set correctly.  Tried 2 flights using the Prepare Aircraft voxscript.  The first flight FO set IRS 2 to ATT (missing NAV), the second he set IRS 1 to ATT (but IRS 2 was correct).

Mmmm, can't replicate. Anyone else experiencing this?

To the OP, please keep in mind the PMDG SDK is all about simulating left and right clicks as far as "actions" are concerned..

If you get the FO started on a flow, then switch to a completely different window like Simbrief or other while FO is attempting to click items, there could be the odd failure to click here and there.

Edited by FS++

hummmm, I thought maybe I grabbed the wrong update patch, so I just redownloaded it again from this post :

One more patch and hopefully the last before release

http://www.multicrewxp.com/Latest-Beta-Patch.zip

Replace both "mce.exe" and "Simco64_Ldr.exe"

Changelog:

Tweaks to fuel levers control

Tweaks to Fire test.

If you guys find anything overlooked, please chime in ASAP. Thanks"

But still get the same problem.  Is this the correct post/link?

After several more flights, I'm only finding one minor bug remaining: when the FO executes the command "landing lights off" he switches the fixed landing lights to pulse vs off (PMDG 737 in MSFS).

Looking pretty solid! 

Andrew Crowley

Sorry for the false report.... After I reset the base install and then used the last patch no issues with the IRS's.

Only small issue I had is with the Landing checklist he failed to recognize my reply gear down.  I'm 70 years old so maybe me speech isn't as clear as it once was! LOL

Thanks for a great program that extends my flying years!

• Like 1

A very big thank you to everyone who provided feedback on this.

It's now released and a Demo is available on request.

http://www.multicrewxp.com/Downloads.html

The MSFS specific edition, which is only available via Simmarket for now,  has also been updated. to support PMDG 737 in MSFS.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, FS++ said:

A very big thank you to everyone who provided feedback on this.

It's now released and a Demo is available on request.

http://www.multicrewxp.com/Downloads.html

The MSFS specific edition, which is only available via Simmarket for now,  has also been updated. to support PMDG 737 in MSFS.

Do I need to download the latest patch via the latest link to get the release build?