Sign in to follow this  
HarryS

Support for New Planes

2 minutes ago, threegreen said:

Do I need to download the latest patch via the latest link to get the release build?

The most recent files are all "release" builds.

If you have the latest patch, "mce.exe" to V2.9.7.0 and the "Simco64_Ldr.exe" that shipped in same zip, then you have the latest

Only new users or those who were on much older MCE versions, need to download and install the latest full package, which is available on request.

MSFS Edition registered users, do NOT use the patch. Just download the latest from Simmarket.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FS++ said:

The most recent files are all "release" builds.

If you have the latest patch, "mce.exe" to V2.9.7.0 and the "Simco64_Ldr.exe" that shipped in same zip, then you have the latest

Only new users or those who were on much older MCE versions, need to download and install the latest full package, which is available on request.

MSFS Edition registered users, do NOT use the patch. Just download the latest from Simmarket.

Thank you for your work on this!

• Like 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

16 hours ago, threegreen said:

Thank you for your work on this!

You're welcome.

It would never cross our mind to make a "new product" out of thin air.

The products we sell are all the result of years of hard work and dedicated craftsmanship.

Unfortunately, there are still too few people who can see that.

Some wrongly assume because of the massive amount of supported complex planes in a single product, it must be generic in nature.

Obviously you and others on this forum know that MCE is the most sophisticated and deeply integrated with most popular planes.

We don't even have serious competition right now as far "genuine voice control".is concerned.

PMDG 777 & 747 have similar SDKs to the 737 NG, therefore, will be a quick job too. The SDK is in C++ though so not that straight forward for those on C# (that's why a particular individual resorts to lame excuses like SDK not released)

We kindly ask all MCE registered users to help others see it for what it is, especially on PMDG forum so we can keep this business model going for as long as possible.

On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2022 at 6:49 AM, GKELLERMAN said:

Sorry for the false report.... After I reset the base install and then used the last patch no issues with the IRS's.

Only small issue I had is with the Landing checklist he failed to recognize my reply gear down.  I'm 70 years old so maybe me speech isn't as clear as it once was! LOL

Thanks for a great program that extends my flying years!

It's OK.

Indeed, nothing beats flight simulation as a way to keep your sharpness for years to come.

3 hours ago, FS++ said:

PMDG 777 & 747 have similar SDKs to the 737 NG, therefore, will be a quick job too. The SDK is in C++ though so not that straight forward for those on C# (that's why a particular individual resorts to lame excuses like SDK not released)

Have Fenix released the SDK?

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

3 hours ago, threegreen said:

Have Fenix released the SDK?

Not that I am aware of.

We don't really need an SDK. We can interface pretty much any aircraft we like.

The SDK just makes it a straightforward process, so instead of tearing your hair out trying to "find things" fpr 4 to 6 months, you get it done in less than 2. Not to mention access to a few things that you ma not achieve by other means (things like FMC Vspeeds)

Take the PMDG MD-11. It doesn't have one and despite this we fully integrated it many years ago.

<media> 

2 hours ago, FS++ said:

We don't really need an SDK. We can interface pretty much any aircraft we like.

Is Fenix support being worked on?

16 hours ago, threegreen said:

Is Fenix support being worked on?

Not yet, but should be next.

• Like 2

Great to hear the Fenix will be supported next.

Since there are scripts available for most of the functions of the Fenix to use with AAO / Streamdeck on flightsim.to I guess it would be pretty much forward for you as well.

Or is that a misassumption?

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2022 at 10:08 PM, Stearmandriver said:

Can't say I've seen this issue.  Stab trim runs maybe slower than you're used to seeing in other sim aircraft, as it runs at a realistic speed for a 737.  To set a takeoff trim value that's substantially different from what you currently have, you genereally have to press and hold the trim switch for several seconds and let the trim run continuously while watching the pointer move. A click or two of the switch won't do it. 

If, doing this, you still can't move the trim, that's probably an issue. 

Sorry, forgot to update you on this earlier.

It was definitely looking like a "jammed stabilizer". Barely rotates.

Sorted after finding this. I thought I'd share it because it left me puzzled for a while, and to make it worse, discovered in CDU that hydraulics needed more fluid, so I wrongly assumed it was the root cause and just clearing all those failures would sort it. Nope.

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/pmdg-737-for-msfs/195384-can-t-seem-to-set-take-off-trim-using-the-trim-wheel

Looks like one has to be wary of all those MSFS AI option kicking in.

I guess the same goes when you have a "programmer scripted FO", versus user dictating what the FO does.

18 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

Great to hear the Fenix will be supported next.

Since there are scripts available for most of the functions of the Fenix to use with AAO / Streamdeck on flightsim.to I guess it would be pretty much forward for you as well.

Or is that a misassumption?

Not sure I follow Ralf.

EDIT: After a good night sleep I figured you were probably referring to the LUA scripts used by cockpit builders.

We don't use those as they do require the registered version of FSUIPC in order to run.

You're right though, if such scripts exist, it's an indication, FENIX switches are accessible.

Edited by FS++
  • Like 1

If you need anything tested let me (us too I guess) know.

• Like 1

been testing 737 700  msfs prepare aircraft script yaw damper  this switch will not turn on

MyVoiceScripts Purser & Mechanic folders what goes in these folders i guess its Scripts but i can do that under the flows

1 hour ago, Burge said:

MyVoiceScripts Purser & Mechanic folders what goes in these folders i guess its Scripts but i can do that under the flows

In "Voxscript Overview" panel, you would need to switch to a different category "Purser scripts" and "Mechanic scripts". That's hwen they are saved to appropriate location

Please note, unlike the co-pilot human recorded voice packs which are huge (4600+ recording per voice), the purser and mechanics recorded audio is very limited.

If you want to create virtual verbal exchamges with purser or mechanic, you would need a 32 bit TTS voice