Sign in to follow this  
GSalden

Good guide on NVidia / MSFS settings

3 minutes ago, vodka69 said:

ok thx

I think it only took me about 20 minutes from the start of the vid with STOPS, to the end...and that included then going to my MSFS.cfg file and changing all that content, towards the end part of his vid...  Pressed SAVE, fired up SU9, and viola(!)  just some great visuals...and all the settings (his) a keeper/sleeper!

Edited by Sesquashtoo

8 hours ago, DJJose said:

Hi Bruce.

See the video link posted by @Cpt_Piett

Got it! 👍TNX!

Bruce

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

I can't remember which one he advised to change from/to

I believe it’s the “texture filtering - negative LOD bias”. Setting this to “clamp” will try to eliminate the aliasing or pixelization by reducing the extra sharpening of objects like clouds.

(I’ve gone through the video several times but I haven’t had the time to excessively test in-sim)

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

Prefer Max Performance doesn't make ANY difference at all nowadays.

In fact, you could have a lot more performance out of your GPU, if you undervolt (YES undervolt), will not only make better use of enegy efficiency, but also if you are smart enough and take the proper time to tweak it, you can get more juice of your GPU.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I believe it’s the “texture filtering - negative LOD bias”. Setting this to “clamp” will try to eliminate the aliasing or pixelization by reducing the extra sharpening of objects like clouds.

(I’ve gone through the video several times but I haven’t had the time to excessively test in-sim)

I changed all of my prior driver settings to only his recommendations and my results were 3 more FPS, at all my Ultra (Plus/Overdrive) in-sim settings (unchanged) and clouds that now look like the four post change snaps I took  earlier on this thread (page two).  That also includes the recommendations to change some features on/off in the MSFS.cfg file itself.  For myself, 10 percent more FPS, and of course visually that one can see right off, are great looking clouds. My  cloud tendril pixilation was quite bad, but thought I just had to live with it, being (wrongly assumed) that is was an MSFS SU9 internal issue.   

Thanks for the post.  I modified a few settings as I never heard of a few of them.

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

10 minutes ago, VBHB said:

Thanks for the post.  I modified a few settings as I never heard of a few of them.

I agree!  Thanks, Gerald!  I was not aware this YouTube post existed.  Applying it, was day and night...especially the clouds, and the Color Gradient suggestion setting for the MSFS.cfg  .  That brought (putting it to 0/off) the ground terrain to look truly real world, and not color saturated (cartoonish). That was a 'biggy' for me too! 🙂

none of that will do anything... i don't do any of that and my sim runs great on ultra on an ultrawide... snake oil the lot of it.

13 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

To be honest, as I type this reply, ...I can't remember which one he advised to change from/to.  I'd suggest that you just watch the whole vid at a reduced 2/3's window...and have your nVidia Mask open and what I did, was as he explained and changed each setting...(option),  I paused the vid...did the change, and went back to this vid.   Stop...change, start,  stop, change...until the vid was over. But it (his recommended driver settings)  sure does eliminate all cloud pixilation and he was right...it's the DRIVER settings one has...and not a graphic flaw/bug/problem within MSFS SU9.   As you could see in my four snaps...my clouds now are truly real world...and quite fabulous!   Very happy Camper...

Maybe to put the sharpen setting in the useropt.cfg from =1 to =0 ??

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Strangely my MFS performance went South after applying the recept 😕

Last night I had a terrible experiene when I loaded the A32N ( FBW ) with the Ambitious Pilots Toolbar Pushback to start a flight from Madrid to Lisbon. I had never had so much sutters, actually pauses whenever I commanded something in the sim and took several seconds to take place ( ??? )

I do not use VR ( only PC ). Nvidia 3060 Ti.

Might be some problem with the FBW and the Pushback toolbar, I really don't know and have to check further, but it really was a mess in terms of performance ...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

1 hour ago, pmplayer said:

Maybe to put the sharpen setting in the useropt.cfg from =1 to =0 ??

cheers 😉

Had sharpen as off...still had bad cloud pix...changed to what he suggested in the Driver Suite...and poof...gone...

12 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Had sharpen as off...still had bad cloud pix...changed to what he suggested in the Driver Suite...and poof...gone...

Oh, OK  i will look at that settings aswell..

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

41 minutes ago, yanfeng12342000 said:

Can anyone expain what clamp is?

Texture Filtering – Negative LOD Bias:

Negative LOD Bias refers to texture sharpening by inputing a negative Level of Detail value for mipmap selection. Allow means Negative LOD is in effect, while clamp turns it off. The setting is set to allow by default but clamp is the best if you are going to use any AF method.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...