Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

Cosford FS Show 2022 - is it happening?

With all COVID-19 restrictions lifted for most of the world I would have expected to hear about JustFlight’s show at RAF Cosford, England by now.

It's concerning that nothing has been announced. Does anyone have any info about it?

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
Title changed

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

When did they say Cosford would be the next Expo location? Last word from FSElite was the 2022 show isn’t confirmed (let alone destination or dates), 

I went to the Orlando Expo and had a great time. 

Edited by Wise87

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

I think Ray means the Cosford Flightsim Show. I get the feeling that it will not be held this year, otherwise we would have been informed by now. However, if JustFlight are intending to organise this, then it needs to be outside the September 30 to October 10 time slot, as I will be on holiday in Scotland at that time :wink:

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

24 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

When did they say Cosford would be the next Expo location? Last word from FSElite was the 2022 show isn’t confirmed (let alone destination or dates), 

I went to the Orlando Expo and had a great time. 

Chris confirmed what I was talking about, thanks. Bit far to Florida for us Brits. 😉

15 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

I think Ray means the Cosford Flightsim Show. I get the feeling that it will not be held this year, otherwise we would have been informed by now. However, if JustFlight are intending to organise this, then it needs to be outside the September 30 to October 10 time slot, as I will be on holiday in Scotland at that time :wink:

I’ll ask them what’s happening. Can’t see any obvious reason why there wouldn’t be one even if they have to choose another venue. But Cosford is ideally placed for most Brits.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

30 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:Bit far to Florida for us Brits. 😉

During the Orlando Florida Expo I was quite surprised on how many of those who attend were from the UK. I guess direct flights helped. Good to was had by all. 

• Upvote 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

6 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

During the Orlando Florida Expo I was quite surprised on how many of those who attend were from the UK. I guess direct flights helped. Good to was had by all. 

When I was beta testing Radar Contact v4 the developers - John Dekker and Doug Thompson - generously paid for my hotel accommodation and flight. That was 2006. I flew to Atlanta and the next day we flew up to Washington for the AVSIM Show.

RC didn’t win any awards but was highly commended. I enjoyed the presentations but the lack of stands selling hardware/ software was disappointing. Too far for many perhaps.

Thats where a small country like Britain helps. There is a direct flight from Manchester to Orlando but I’m not as young as I used to be.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

41 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

yes plenty of Virgin flights to MCO,  even BA do some when they have some staff, an aircraft thats not wet leased,  and their IT systems are working properly.... 

14ppkc-6.png

I’ve received this reply from Dermot Stapleton at JustFlight...

The pandemic restrictions are lifted but Brexit has made it very difficult for the European exhibitors to attend UK shows. That aside, there are some issues with the venue at Cosford and as these don’t seem likely to be resolved soon enough, I don’t think there will be a show in October.

Very disappointing news. No discussion of Brexit please.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

OK, we are not going to get back into discussions about COVID or the pandemic caused issues.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Dermot sent a second reply...

Anyone bringing stock or equipment to the show would require customs paperwork for temporary import/export and it is not straightforward. It is a total mess.

As to a new venue, that remains to be seen. We are keeping our options open.”

So the problem appears to be one of paperwork and regulations. Plus unknown issues at Cosford.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

4 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

No discussion of Brexit please.

HAHAHAHAHAHA.  Can I say, there may well be people who do wish to discuss such topics in the context of aviation related issues.

I think a hangar chat topic area for these kinds of things would be a good idea actually, if the mods would allow it.  That way, anyone not wishing to engage in it can steer well clear and those that do, can.??

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

8 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

HAHAHAHAHAHA.  Can I say, there may well be people who do wish to discuss such topics in the context of aviation related issues.

I think a hangar chat topic area for these kinds of things would be a good idea actually, if the mods would allow it.  That way, anyone not wishing to engage in it can steer well clear and those that do, can.??

Kevin, there are loads of places were you can discuss anything under the sun. AvSim is not the place for that and never will be. You know that of course. 😉

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather