Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

No longer, 'as real as it gets...' Nope, simply 'is real'..

8 hours ago, AvAngel said:

How did I know a "I really have a good time in the sim." topic would descend into slinging mud at MSFS 😄

Sesquashtoo, I agree, its been the most realistic, and close to real life my sim has ever been, I too, have been generally loving it!

Who is slinging mud?

I see lot's of deserved praise for the innovation and visual quality of MSFS, along with some justified posts highlighing the downsides; such as reliance on servers, availability, connecton lost errors, etc.

If we point out anything that isn't glowing praise, is that really "mud slinging" to you?

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

1 hour ago, Sesquashtoo said:

https://flightsim.to/file/19345/msfs-2020-google-map-replacement

I have used all the MAP choices, but find for color/sequential tile season, this n' that...that the latest BING mapping (for myself) to be the map-of-personal-choice.

Wait are you saying that you are replacing the default Bing maps … with Bing maps?

Chris

56 minutes ago, snglecoil said:

Wait are you saying that you are replacing the default Bing maps … with Bing maps?

The 'in sim' BING maps (internal MSFS pipeline)  are outdated. Yes...and using the Map Enhancement App,  brings onboard into the sim, the latest BING maps from that entity. Yes...so still from Bing...but not from the MS (in sim pipeline) server source, but from the actual BING server itself. That is what this 3rp App does...and bypasses whatever pipeline BING comes from through only MSFS.  If you'd like to try this....run the app,  and then under MAPS,  bullet-highlight BING, and away you go...and you will always have the latest and greatest from BING or Google, (your choice) when they upgrade their Servers with new updated content and sources. A fabulous App...and wouldn't fly without it!

Edited by Sesquashtoo

31 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

The 'in sim' BING maps (internal MSFS pipeline)  are outdated. Yes...and using the Map Enhancement App,  brings onboard into the sim, the latest BING maps from that entity.

Ah, ok. Thanks. 

• Like 1

Chris

I am 85 year old and predate personal computers.  When computers first came out I bought a Tandy Radio Shack computer which used TRSDOS which was before DOS and then Windows.  It had a simulator program which I may have just typed in from a magazine article, (no programs at the computer store and no computer store).  This sim just had numbers displayed on a black screen that gave Altitude, Speed, Heading, etc. just in numbers on the screen.  You had to use your imagination a lot. No trees too tall or frame rates too low to worry about. 🙂

I thought back then what the future would bring, and the future is NOW.

I have had most all of the Flight Simulator programs that have come out since the beginning.  So yes, MSFS2020 is the greatest and I am well pleased, even with it's problems.

Roy

• Like 13

3 hours ago, JYW said:

Who is slinging mud?

I see lot's of deserved praise for the innovation and visual quality of MSFS, along with some justified posts highlighing the downsides; such as reliance on servers, availability, connecton lost errors, etc.

If we point out anything that isn't glowing praise, is that really "mud slinging" to you?

I just get a little sad of seeing even positive topics get someone trashing the best thing we had in years. It's not perfect no, it's delusional to say so, but it's a bloody good start for a new generation of sims.

I think everyone needs to get away from the internet and go fly some flight simulators. Me too.

• Upvote 1

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

20 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:
20 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Very slow process...very slow....but,   I would try to load in an airport (for instance, KZB, Zachar Bay) and it would only load (blue load bar) to 40 percent then SU9 would simply hang.  Finished...  Had to Task out of it.

I wonder if anyone is maintaining a db of what conflicts w/ SU9 and what doesn't--that would be helpful versus everyone doing this tedious process you describe.  I've not had any issues w/ SU9 but have a relatively simple Community Folder:  Simple Traffic, AS CRJ550/700, Heavy Divisions B78X mod, Bijan's Seasons, Navigraph, about 10 airports I could mention.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

5 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

but from the actual BING server itself

Im surprised to learn that MSFS doesn't automatically utilize the newest and most up-to-date BING data that MS has. I would've thought it gets its data directly from that source, but hey -- you truly do learn something new every day. Thanks for the heads up! I'll definitely install that app. 

25 minutes ago, Bdub22 said:

Im surprised to learn that MSFS doesn't automatically utilize the newest and most up-to-date BING data that MS has. I would've thought it gets its data directly from that source, but hey -- you truly do learn something new every day. Thanks for the heads up! I'll definitely install that app. 

I think you will enjoy the result of what you see, after installing... 🙂

Edited by Sesquashtoo
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, AOB said:

Looking at the last D J Jose post I have to confess it was a game I first played I think it was called Choplifter (not shoplifter) and not a "real" flight simulator. 🙂

Yessir buddy! I've got many an hour playing Choplifter on my Apple IIe in the mid 80's. As real as it gets back then. 🤣

Jeff | Private Pilot SEL, Tailwheel  Endorsement | A&P Mechanic

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | GPU: EVGA RTX3080 Black | MoBo: ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming (WiFi) | RAM: 32Gb DDR4 3200 Mhz CL 16 | SSDs: 2Tb Samsung M.2 980 Pro, 1Tb Samsung M.2 970 Pro, | Case: Phanteks Eclipse P500A | Monitors: LG 27GP850, Dell P2715Q | Misc: Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS

4 hours ago, AvAngel said:

I just get a little sad of seeing even positive topics get someone trashing the best thing we had in years. It's not perfect no, it's delusional to say so, but it's a bloody good start for a new generation of sims.

Eh, personally I just let it slide off by thinking back to what we said in my Army days - "A complaining soldier is a happy soldier." 😉

Edited by JeffF

Jeff | Private Pilot SEL, Tailwheel  Endorsement | A&P Mechanic

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | GPU: EVGA RTX3080 Black | MoBo: ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming (WiFi) | RAM: 32Gb DDR4 3200 Mhz CL 16 | SSDs: 2Tb Samsung M.2 980 Pro, 1Tb Samsung M.2 970 Pro, | Case: Phanteks Eclipse P500A | Monitors: LG 27GP850, Dell P2715Q | Misc: Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS

23 hours ago, Roy Warren said:

I am 85 year old and predate personal computers.  When computers first came out I bought a Tandy Radio Shack computer which used TRSDOS which was before DOS and then Windows.  It had a simulator program which I may have just typed in from a magazine article, (no programs at the computer store and no computer store).  This sim just had numbers displayed on a black screen that gave Altitude, Speed, Heading, etc. just in numbers on the screen.  You had to use your imagination a lot. No trees too tall or frame rates too low to worry about. 🙂

I thought back then what the future would bring, and the future is NOW.

I have had most all of the Flight Simulator programs that have come out since the beginning.  So yes, MSFS2020 is the greatest and I am well pleased, even with it's problems.

Roy

Yes, Roy!

I'm 72 now, and I've seen all the way through from the beginning of Flight Simulator (from 1988, version 3.0)!  

I agree with you that MSFS2020 is the greatest!

Regards.

• Like 2

I used to say I was going to use a sim a lot, but I never did. I used P3D more than FSX, but not a lot more. It just didn’t get close enough to the real thing to keep someone like me entertained, who flies a lot of VFR in GA aircraft. With MSFS if I’m not flying it I’m thinking about flying it. I’ve gotten in close to 300 hours since the sim started, which with work, travel, family, and real flying, is a lot. Since January first I’ve flown probably 150 hours. It’s just amazing. This is the first real simulator we’ve had (my first was FS98). Sure it has its flaws, but it is truly incredible. 

• Like 3