Sign in to follow this  
andyjohnston.net

Connect to Internet

I see others saying they are having issues, mostly being asked to insert a disk.   I'm getting the following error, probably the same reason.

You need to be online to open this on this device. To open this on this device when offline, go to the ‘Offline Permissions’ setting in the Store Settings page. You can change this setting the next time you go online.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

I was also getting this message for no apparent reason this afternoon. Read somewhere to try rebooting my modem - That seemed to work for me.

Edit - Never mind. I'm getting the same message once again. Maybe you are right about it being the same reason.

Edited by Barnes

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

Worldwide outage of Xbox gaming server is shown on the Xbox live site.

If you're in the sim people are saying it's still working, so seems to be the authentication side that's broken; not letting people in.

I really wish MS could sort it so that the 95% of us with a download version, don't get this silly "Insert Game Disc" message, when the server is down.    It's so 1995.

• Like 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

2 minutes ago, JYW said:

If you're in the sim people are saying it's still working, so seems to be the authentication side that's broken; not letting people in.

I really wish MS could sort it so that the 95% of us with a download version, don't get this silly "Insert Game Disc" message, when the server is down.    It's so 1995.

Okay thanks.

• Like 1

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

I got got this message on startup, probably related. 

spacer.png

Edited by Wise87

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Cannot start the sim at present, says i need to connect to the internet. Thank God i kept Prepar3D handy, this MSFS thing is becoming a major deception.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Playing MSFS in the last two days is like playing the lottery. Each time you launch it for a flight some other word not allowed happens. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

23 hours ago, JYW said:

Dang!  Yeah I just quit the sim to go buy FSDT KORD (so I could have the new runway) and then I tried to get back and NOPE lmao!

52057308753_7e3dab6847_b.jpgconnecttonetwork by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

Edited by ryanbatc

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Working again.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

2 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

Working again.

Not for me - but it's based on IP or something.  I'm in MN, USA.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

4 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

Dang!  Yeah I just quit the sim to go buy FSDT KORD (so I could have the new runway) and then I tried to get back and NOPE lmao!

52057308753_7e3dab6847_b.jpgconnecttonetwork by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

I tried to start a flight about a half hour ago, took me three tries to connect. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

43 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

Working again.

short lived. out again.

• i7-11700k @ 5.1 GHz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 | 32 GB RAM | 4 1TB SSD's (2 NVME, 2 SATA) | 43" 4k screen | Win 11 Pro | 
  • Simming since SubLogic Flight Sim II

I just came inside from doing some honey-do's while MSFS was installing again. I clicked on the icon and got this same error. I am in Kansas. If I click where it says "Connect to a network" it says I am connected already. word not allowed

Ryzen 7 5800 x3D, Asus Tuf Gaming X570 Plus, Geforce GTX 4080 F.E., 32GB Corsair PC-3600, 1TB Samsung Evo 970 nVME SSD, 1TB Samsung Evo 870 SSD, 500GB Samsung Evo 870 SSD

yep I'm getting the same thing, and my performance fps wise is in the gutter again. 

I fear for the future of this platform.  It's not Asobo I worry about it's Microsoft. Think about it Microsoft rakes in millions from sales for 3 years they get their money.  Then they make an announcement that the servers are too expensive, bad for the environment, all sorts of corporate jargon that boils down to we just aren't making enough money then they say but they are going to make exciting new mobile platform and x box games. 

Then it will go from having a simulator to having Need for speed with airplanes. Don't think it will happen?  Forza Motorsport is a cautionary tale.  Real racing simulator with real tracks to frat party with fast cars in the Mexican desert and $3.99 Ferrari add-on with cool graphics and fire spitting exhaust because that's what the 13-20 year-olds want. Simulators don't sell in big numbers. Turn 10 said it was because of expiring licenses that's interesting because all the same licenses are being used for the same manufacturers in Forza Horizon 5.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ryanbatc said:

Not for me - but it's based on IP or something.  I'm in MN, USA.

Yeah Europe here 😞