Sign in to follow this  
rfelger

PMDG 737 RELEASE NEXT WEEK!!

Just says "Soon".

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

Can't wait to get my hands on this, and have $99 credit in wait at PMDG store... 😁

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

69.95 USD is my bet.

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

The purchase of all variants will definitely be significantly more expensive than in the past.

Why shouldn't it cost more?

1. It's still a re-release. Sure PMDG spent a lot time remaking things, but at the end of the day it is nothing like creating a complex airliner from scratch.

2. The potential installbase on the MSFS platform is much larger, resulting in more sales faster, resulting in development costs being covered much quicker.

3. They can no longer draw their "Professional Prices on Professional Platforms"-Card. Unlike P3D, MSFS is licensed for entertainment use.

4. The product does not offer more features than previous versions. Quite the contrary, it launches with fewer features. Sure they promise to deliver more free updates, but what you are paying for is the release version of the product. Not some eventual product in the future.

Why will it cost more?

1. 💰💸🤑💸💰

Edited by megasus
Typo

You will pay whatever they will tell you to pay. They will tell 69.99 you pay 69.99. They will tell you 120.00 you will pay 120.00. 

if its the later people will complain a bit, write angry post but still pay it. 
PMDG will always have the upper hand on simmers. 

Roi Ben

3 minutes ago, roi1862 said:

You will pay whatever they will tell you to pay. They will tell 69.99 you pay 69.99. They will tell you 120.00 you will pay 120.00. 

if its the later people will complain a bit, write angry post but still pay it. 
PMDG will always have the upper hand on simmers. 

Only if you want to fly Boeing. A few decent Airbuses coming out soon. Plus FBW is free and they're gonna bring out a A380 down the track.

If I didn't have my $99 credit I'd be waiting for the 777. I'm not a fan of the 737.

Edited by VBHB
  • Like 1

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

...and you can still vote with your wallet. I know it will be a tough time to wait for the variant we actually want (what a clever strategy we have to admit, really really clever) and a lot of us won't stand the pressure 🙂 Really curious about the final pricing strategy but we will know soon. I voted with my wallet against the in my eyes way overpriced maddog (for its visible lack of up to new standards and me not talking about functions) so the chances rising that I will jump on a pmdg 737 again after a long time. 

Cheers T.

• Upvote 3

Since we're doing it I'm guessing $49.99 per variant with the hope most will buy at least two variants.

• Upvote 1

Ryan

Voting with our wallets is going to be difficult, because PMDG is likely to see flightsim record breaking sales with their hotly anticipated 737 line. So the negligible amount of people wanting to vote with wallets will be left irrelevant. 

• Like 1

w the maddog being like 80+usd  I expect PMDG to be in that range if not higher. 

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

9 minutes ago, wiler said:

w the maddog being like 80+usd  I expect PMDG to be in that range if not higher. 

Me think pmdg will be much more clever than leonardo. Leonardo imho went clearly the wrong way and forced themselves into a niche again. They could have opened a bigger market with another pricing strategy beside the lack of beeing on new visual standards. Pmdg will not go this road as they already have sales numbers for the dc6 and will provide a product on new standards. They can act much more clever. 

Cheers T.

• Like 10

10 hours ago, badgenes said:

OMG does anyone know the date and price? I'm still listening to the video...cmon bro why drag this part out?  Thanks for the work, can we get to the point though sir?

USD140 has been stated - I forgot where - this was a couple of days ago or so.

At 17,000 man-hours effort quoted by PMDG as "started in October 2019 until yesterday", One estimates $1M USD development cost. At $140 a license would require selling about 7000 licenses to break even the investment.... before taxes....

One hopes the price be lower.... but the effort has been big.

• Like 1

AHS712D Alvaro Escorcia KSGR/OMAA
AirHispania Virtual Airline
MSFS / ASUS TUF Gaming F15-Refresh-144Hz / 11GenIntel (R)Core (TM) i7-11800H
NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX3060GPU / 1TB-Samsung SSD / 32GB-RAM
SAMSUNG-SmartMonitor-M7-32"4K

7 minutes ago, wlix261 said:

USD140 has been stated - I forgot where - this was a couple of days ago or so.

At 17,000 man-hours effort quoted by PMDG as "started in October 2019 until yesterday", One estimates $1M USD development cost. At $140 a license would require selling about 7000 licenses to break even the investment.... before taxes....

One hopes the price be lower.... but the effort has been big.

There is only 1 flaw in your calculation. There are at least 3 variants on the way…

Roi Ben

At this point I don’t understand the need to not release the price. In the last week before release, do you want people hyping up the product or playing guess work over the price? It doesn’t give off the best vibe to me.

• Upvote 3

Yes I know.

But each new thing will have its own cost to develop. Hopefully it would be less effort and thus lower price per additions

Anyway.... just to give some order of magnitude....

AHS712D Alvaro Escorcia KSGR/OMAA
AirHispania Virtual Airline
MSFS / ASUS TUF Gaming F15-Refresh-144Hz / 11GenIntel (R)Core (TM) i7-11800H
NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX3060GPU / 1TB-Samsung SSD / 32GB-RAM
SAMSUNG-SmartMonitor-M7-32"4K