Sign in to follow this  
rfelger

PMDG 737 RELEASE NEXT WEEK!!

1 minute ago, Carts85 said:

At this point I don’t understand the need to not release the price. In the last week before release, do you want people hyping up the product or playing guess work over the price? It doesn’t give off the best vibe to me.

You might not understand but i can assure you its all well thought and well planned

• Like 2

Roi Ben

9 minutes ago, wlix261 said:

USD140 has been stated - I forgot where - this was a couple of days ago or so

Not by PMDG it wasn't, so whatever the source of that it is pure speculation. Face it, NOBODY KNOWS except PMDG.

• Upvote 2

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

Hahaha please release it at $140 I will make some popcorn and enjoy the meltdowns from people that never really simmed until now and don't know what it was like "back in the day".

Edited by VBHB

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

5 minutes ago, roi1862 said:

You might not understand but i can assure you its all well thought and well planned

It is by definition not "well" planned when it leaves people wondering and doubting two days before release. Unless it's "Surprise! It will be free for everyone!".

Do we need to endlessly speculate on the price?  It's set and we'll know it in only a few days.

Edited by Matt Webb
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Matt Webb

The price should be interesting. Lately the trend has been on the high side from quality developers and everyone was guessing low based off of the Aerosoft CRJ price. Look at TFDI MD-11 for $89.99 and the Maddog for $82.84 US. If I remember correctly didn’t Rob say they sold 98000 copies of the NGXu during a pod cast. If that’s true that’s a lot of $99 credit. Originally the 737 for 2020 was going to sale for $140 I believe. That means users with credit would only pay the $40 difference. 

Now comes the new price due to the 2 year delay. What does PMDG price the plane at? If the keep it below $100 they make no money from the 98000 NGXu user due to the credit. If they price it under the original $140 this will gain them some profit but scare away potential buyers. If they price it where some of you hope like the $60-$70 range then credit will eat into the other  product releases. 

Current trends show that even though users will complain about the higher prices they will still pay it. Rob said will be happy about the price on release day. This could mean anything really. If the keep with the current trend and release for $99 then the NGXu users get a free plane and we saved ourselves $40. To some that’s a good deal. To non NGXu users that is still too high. 

Again I’m just playing the guessing game while we all wait. Monday is going to give us a pretty good look on how future product sales will trend. 

Edited by Wise87

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

2 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

The price should be interesting. Lately the trend has been on the high side from quality developers and everyone was guessing low based off of the Aerosoft CRJ price.
Look at TFDI MD-11 for $89.99 and the Maddog for $82.84 US. If I remember correctly didn’t Rob say they sold 98000 copies of the NGXu during a pod cast. If that’s true that’s a lot of $99 credit. Originally the 737 for 2020 was going to sale for $140 I believe. That means users with credit would only pay the $40 difference. 
Now comes the new price due to the 2 year delay. What does PMDG price the plane at? If the keep it below $100 they make no money from the 98000 NGXu user due to the credit. If they price it under the original $140 this will gain them some profit but scare away potential buyers. If they price it where some of you hope like the $60-$70 range then credit will eat into the other  product releases. 

Current trends show that even though users will complain about the higher prices they will still pay it. Rob said will be happy about the price on release day. This could mean anything really. If the keep with the current trend and release for $99 then the NGXu users get a free plane and we saved ourselves $40. To some that’s a good deal. To non NGXu users that is still too high. 

Again I’m just playing the guessing game while we all wait. Monday is going to give us a pretty good look on how future product sales will trend. 

Randazzo already implied it would be lower than $100 USD when he was asked directly if it would be over $100 USD.  You can search my posts on this, I posted about this recently with a source to Randazzo's quote.

There is no need to speculate if it will be over $100 USD, because it probably won't.  With Randazzo's quote implying it would be under $100 USD (when he was asked if it would be over $100 USD), and with Randazzo implying the P3D purchasers with the $99 in credit should have leftover credit, the PMDG 737 for MSFS will be under $100 USD (unless Randazzo goes back on his recent statements).

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

1 minute ago, abrams_tank said:

Randazzo already implied it would be lower than $100 USD when he was asked directly if it would be over $100 USD.  You can search my posts on this, I posted about this recently with a source to Randazzo's quote.

Thanks, I missed that. It will still be interesting come Monday. 

Edited by Wise87

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

1 minute ago, Wise87 said:

Thanks, I missed that. It will still be interesting come Monday. 

Just search my post history. I posted this multiple times with a direct link to Randazzo's quote.  Just tired of reposting it again.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

9 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Just search my post history. I posted this multiple times with a direct link to Randazzo's quote.  Just tired of reposting it again.

I still have sticker shock from the 777-200ER expansion release. No one saw that coming and they kept it quite until release day. We all thought it was going to be low based off past expansions and it came out at $77. Keeping the 737 under $100 means we have 99 possibilities for Monday. For sure it’s not going to be $140.

Note, just saw your edit on left over credit. 

Edited by Wise87

Dan

I quote Rob:

"Those customers who qualified for the program (which ran through NOV/DEC 2019) will auotmatically receive $99.99 in credit toward the purchase of the PMDG 737 for Microsoft Flight Simulator product line. You will be able to use it however you see fit, in any combination of purchases that suits your taste. If you elect to purchase a 737 that costs less than your earned credit, you will retain the additional for a future purchase, no questions asked and all handled automatically at PMDG.com. Our goal is to keep it as simple and straight forward for you as possible. I'll have more details on how to use your credit in a future update as we get closer to actual release."

So please stop making up prices over $ 100

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB RAM 5200MHz, Asus Prime B650+, 850W PSU

English is not my first language.

40 minutes ago, roi1862 said:

Well planned and well thought doesn’t mean it’s in our interest.

If it’s strategic. Let’s say the price was far below everyone’s expectations, wouldn’t you want to get that out there to the masses. If it’s the opposite and likely to cause poor feedback you would announce the price on release during the maximum wave of hype hoping people jump on and buy regardless, humans rationale goes out the window when they are excited … I’ve done a bit of work in marketing and this is what concerns me with the lack of response.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, rutra said:

So please stop making up prices over $ 100

Relax, abrams_tank already pointed to the post I missed by Rob so my third paragraph was incorrect which I freely admit. But you new this anyway.

Edited by Wise87

Dan

I think Leonardo missed a trick coming in at 90 Euros with their MD-82. I suspect they'd have done much better with overall revenue at a lower price.

With this in mind, I think it would be more sensible for PMDG to go with somewhere around the sixty quid mark. Psychologically this would be an acceptable price to many of the new users of MSFS who have heard about all the legendary reputation of PMDG's 737 and will wonder what all the fuss is about. They'd be more inclined to take a punt on it for that kind of money, thus letting PMDG benefit from capturing volume sales and more importantly for their longevity, capturing a whole raft of new fans of the brand who have yet to swallow the pill we sim veterans all took a long time ago in regards to acceptable price points for things.

We know those who've known PMDG for years would pay more than sixty quid of course, but the whole point of any developer going for making stuff for MSFS, is to tap into the large market and garner volume sales, then, having captured a whole new bunch of fans, gradually introduce the notion of paying a bit more for their kind of thing, either with different variants or maybe a wide-body aeroplane at a later date. This is not too far off what they have charged in the past if you for example, break down what each one of PMDG's 747 variants costs if viewed individually, where I think each 747 variant worked out at less than 20 quid a pop when viewed in isolation even though the package was over 100 quid.

RSR is nothing if not shrewd, but it remains to be seen how shrewd; I guess we'll find out in a day or two.

• Like 15

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 hour ago, VBHB said:

Hahaha please release it at $140 I will make some popcorn and enjoy the meltdowns from people that never really simmed until now and don't know what it was like "back in the day".

I remember when I had bought my first PMDG bundle around 2007 for FS9. It was a boxed version with 737-800/900 for 40 Euros. I want THESE old prices back.