Sign in to follow this  
rfelger

PMDG 737 RELEASE NEXT WEEK!!

6 hours ago, simon747 said:

Does anyone know if the virtual cabin with the release version has seats in?   Online footage when switching views etc has the virtual cabin, but sometimes no seats are present; does the passenger cabin have seats? I know they will be improved upon in future updates, but seem ok for me to start with, just wondering?

Cheers,

Simon

Hi Simon,

My understanding is that the current virtual cabin is part of the outside model, however, all the wing views are part of the inside model and contain cabin graphics only at those fixed wing view locations.  The future update will add the full high quality cabin model to the inside model in all areas.

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

3 minutes ago, chiswick72 said:

The future update will add the full high quality cabin model to the inside model in all areas.

Great news - did that come from PMDG via their forums do you recall?

This shows a good understanding of why us pro-cabin types want devs to include them for immersion

14 minutes ago, EGLD said:

Great news - did that come from PMDG via their forums do you recall?

This shows a good understanding of why us pro-cabin types want devs to include them for immersion

I am from the PMDG Dev team! I make all the sounds, so was at the wing views every day making sure every wing view has a unique sound environment experience!

Here is a nice demo of the pack sounds and engine start from all views including the wing views:

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1y_9oYjdA7dMOFbDM9ZeHx96rH_NouBUQ

Turn the volume up LOUD for the best experience!!!!!

Edited by chiswick72
  • Like 13

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

Randazzo should be named businessman of the year. The NG3 has bugs and inaccuracies that date back to the NGX from 2011, nothing in the way of ACARS/CPDLC, but he still manages to convince flight simmers that it‘s the greatest thing since sliced bread. 😂 Oh well I hope the sounds are good at least.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, thepilot said:

Randazzo should be named businessman of the year. The NG3 has bugs and inaccuracies that date back to the NGX from 2011, nothing in the way of ACARS/CPDLC, but he still manages to convince flight simmers that it‘s the greatest thing since sliced bread. 😂 Oh well I hope the sounds are good at least.

That‘s a spot-on assessment on all accounts. And still I will be buying it full of hype because I just am what I am 🙂

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

That‘s a spot-on assessment on all accounts. And still I will be buying it full of hype because I just am what I am 🙂

Totally agree, we know that PMDG aircraft are not perfect, but the things that just work and increase our immersion in our hobby make it all worthwhile spending as much as we do on flight sims.

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

1 hour ago, chiswick72 said:

Hi Simon,

My understanding is that the current virtual cabin is part of the outside model, however, all the wing views are part of the inside model and contain cabin graphics only at those fixed wing view locations.  The future update will add the full high quality cabin model to the inside model in all areas.

Ok.  Wingviews are a plus with inside sounds (they sound good btw with the MSFS 73W)....what a battle that has been over the years from FSX and P3D.

The virtual cabin will have inside sounds when it gets updated, but has external sounds currently.

That answers all my questions.

Thanks,

Simon

Simon

5 minutes ago, simon747 said:

Ok.  Wingviews are a plus with inside sounds (they sound good btw with the MSFS 73W)....what a battle that has been over the years from FSX and P3D.

The virtual cabin will have inside sounds when it gets updated, but has external sounds currently.

That answers all my questions.

Thanks,

Simon

Simon,

Have a listen to the demo I posted above, the sounds you are hearing at the current wing views are already using internal sounds!  So there is no waiting needed for the sounds!  

As you mentioned, it has been a nightmare trying to make sounds for the wing views in FSX and P3D because they are all using outside sounds - we don't have that problem anymore in MSFS as it is up to the developer to choose internal or external sounds in the cabin views via a simple config setting.  Of course, we have already set internal sounds for all our wing views - you can notice, no more high pitch frequencies (outside sounds) in all our of wing views.  The sounds that are high pitched are the packs!

• Like 4

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

1 hour ago, chiswick72 said:

I am from the PMDG Dev team! I make all the sounds, so was at the wing views every day making sure every wing view has a unique sound environment experience!

Here is a nice demo of the pack sounds and engine start from all views including the wing views:

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1y_9oYjdA7dMOFbDM9ZeHx96rH_NouBUQ

Armen!  What a treat to have the PMDG sound engineer chiming in here!

Avsim crowd:  Armen is a very infrequent visitor here, and even if he did visit a lot, he's been 100% heads-down the last few weeks creating what I will claim to be the best sound set for an aircraft I've ever heard!

You guys really can't appreciate (except other devs of course), the amount of dev, config, testing, re-testing, re-testing, re-testing (yeah Armen worked the beta team hard to get these sounds right).

Here is my anecdotal story about Armen's sound set.  I'm a simmer using my monitor's speaker for sound.  Yeah I know.  I've never had the occasion to strive for better sound for no particular reason other than laziness on my part let's just say. 🙄

Anyway, during the beta test period when we were focusing on sound testing, I knew I had to be missing out on some of the nuances Armen was coding into the plane.

So I grabbed my Bose super-duper headsets and was totally unprepared to hear what I was missing.  The sound of the start up sequence was something that just can't be put into words.  The low frequency rumble, the harmonics as she spins up, the constant whine of 400hz machinery making the bird come to life.....all of it, immersion - achieved.

The 2 biggest things I was missing in my tinny little monitor speakers were the ultra-low freqs that you more feel than hear, and the stunning spatial effect you get in a quality headset when changing your seat from in front of the engines to the seats behind the wings...and the left and right changes when you move laterally in the cabin...again, something I cannot put into words...you guys will have to hear it for yourselves, TODAY!!!  If you don't have a good sound system or good headsets...this plane is the reason to get them.

Armen, I want to take this moment to publicly thank you and the whole PMDG beta team for the effort you put into this plane.  As a simmer-first always, but in this case also a beta tester on the PMDG team, I am truly appreciative of the work that went on in the background that nobody but a very few got to see 1st hand. 

There are 3 distinct things I will take away from this experience on the PMDG Beta Test Team:

1. The work is HARD.  Beta testing is a serious job when you're committed to help produce a top-tier product like you guys will have a chance to test yourselves. TODAY!
  2. The beta test experience produces many feelings.  I outlined these in another post, but there was excitement, frustration, elation, determination, patience, satisfaction...pretty much the gambit.
  3. The drilled-in ability to quickly uninstall and reinstall new beta builds! 🤣  I feel this should be an entrance exam exercise one should be tested on before getting admitted to a beta test team, LOL 

Guys, I sincerely believe that this aircraft is the pinnacle of what we're in this hobby for.  Not hype, just the opinion of a 20+ year airline simmer and community painter.  speaking of paints...how will you get mine when she's released?  Simple, just click the link in my sig that currently says: "Get my DC-6 paints at flightsim.to here"...that will change to "Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here".  When you see it change, they will be available.

Don't bother clicking yet....but they ARE already uploaded and waiting for the release, they are just hidden from the public right now.  I know...evil right?😁   The wait is almost over, hang in there!

Ff3Sz8.png

Edited by Steve Dra
grammar
  • Like 24

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

What a refreshing comment, Steve!
Thank you!!
And a warm thanks to Armen and to all involved in making the 737 for MSFS.
🍻

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

15 minutes ago, David Roch said:

What a refreshing comment, Steve!
Thank you!!
And a warm thanks to Armen and to all involved in making the 737 for MSFS.
🍻

Thanks Dave....I'm waxing a little poetic now as we are closing down the pre-release beta test program (the program is far from over of course)..and I will speak unanimously for the whole team...we are totally exhausted!  I firmly believe every team member understood the impact this release will have on the simming community, and every one of us put 110% into testing her.  

We hope you guys enjoy flying her, we sure did on those rare moments when we were flying alone or with team mates and got to catch moments like these:

mBLHIa.png

CKvW24.png

udFgVc.png

M1Y1q8.png

XEVr4a.png

1qtpKL.png

73cfST.png

Edited by Steve Dra
  • Like 12

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

With the 737 will you be able to set  a flight plan via the MSFS and not use the FMC of the 737?

Stelios Christofides

2 hours ago, chiswick72 said:

Thank you.  Noticed in some of Emanuel's videos how exquisite the engines firing up sounded, but really enjoyed that demo  🙂

Edited by RobF2
  • Like 1