Sign in to follow this  
rfelger

PMDG 737 RELEASE NEXT WEEK!!

1 hour ago, chiswick72 said:

Simon,

Have a listen to the demo I posted above, the sounds you are hearing at the current wing views are already using internal sounds!  So there is no waiting needed for the sounds!  

As you mentioned, it has been a nightmare trying to make sounds for the wing views in FSX and P3D because they are all using outside sounds - we don't have that problem anymore in MSFS as it is up to the developer to choose internal or external sounds in the cabin views via a simple config setting.  Of course, we have already set internal sounds for all our wing views - you can notice, no more high pitch frequencies (outside sounds) in all our of wing views.  The sounds that are high pitched are the packs!

Awesome finally a better platform sound system to work with!  The wingviews sound great along with the VC sounds!

Cheers,

Simon

• Like 1

Simon

29 minutes ago, Stelios said:

With the 737 will you be able to set  a flight plan via the MSFS and not use the FMC of the 737?

Stelios, the short answer is no.

This 737 was produced to closely mimic the actual operation of the 737 in the real world.  The FMC is a crucial part of that experience.

I would highly suggest 2 things:

1. If its your expectation to never learn how to program a route in the FMC, or use it and many other integral features of this 737, do NOT buy it.  You will be wasting your money.  There is another 737 on the market that is less expensive and will give you the experience you're looking for.
  2. If it is your intention to buy it regardless, you are doing yourself a disservice by not learning and enjoying the immersion of working with a high fidelity FMC.  Please look for the many tutorials on the web explaining in detail on how to do this.  You won't be an expert in one sitting, but take your time and learn it like anything else you're passionate about.
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 3

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

3 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

If its your expectation to never learn how to program a route in the FMC, or use it and many other integral features of this 737, do NOT buy it.  You will be wasting your money.

A salient point. I had the NGX for P3D, but never fully got to grips with the FMC, and so I never got as much out of it as I might have.

• Like 3

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

4 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

This 737 was produced to closely mimic the actual operation of the 737 in the real world.  The FMC is a crucial part of that experience.

1. If its your expectation to never learn how to program a route in the FMC, or use it and many other integral features of this 737, do NOT buy it.  You will be wasting your money.  There is another 737 on the market that is less expensive and will give you the experience you're looking for.
  2. If it is your intention to buy it regardless, you are doing yourself a disservice by not learning and enjoying the immersion of working with a high fidelity FMC.  Please look for the many tutorials on the web explaining in detail on how to do this.  You won't be an expert in one sitting, but take your time and learn it like anything else you're passionate about.

What Steve said. When I first decided that I wanted to learn to fly airliners in a more realistic way back in the fs2004 days (it was the LDS 767 that finally made me jump), it definitely was intimidating. But I followed tutorials and researched as much as I could. One book that was incredibly helpful was this one 

https://www.utem.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=20

Everything you need to get started is in there. Highly recommended.

• Like 3

Thank you very very much Steve for your kind words!! We finally got there after many many long days of work and continuous improvements!!  Your contribution was very appreciated and very helpful!!! Thanks to you and the rest of the team, we've got a soundset which is easily the best we have ever made in our entire history!  I can't wait for everyone to hear it for themselves!!!! 😀

And thank you too David!  I'll copy from a quote made recently on this forum ....  "I expect everyone here to be flying the 737 in hours, not days."  😆

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

22 minutes ago, chiswick72 said:

Thank you very very much Steve for your kind words!! We finally got there after many many long days of work and continuous improvements!!  Your contribution was very appreciated and very helpful!!! Thanks to you and the rest of the team, we've got a soundset which is easily the best we have ever made in our entire history!  I can't wait for everyone to hear it for themselves!!!! 😀

And thank you too David!  I'll copy from a quote made recently on this forum ....  "I expect everyone here to be flying the 737 in hours, not days."  😆

You're welcome Armen!  It was my honor and pleasure working with you (and the whole team). 

As I'm sitting here replying...I'm in the release build in my Alaska Timbers paint, Bose headsets on...at the left behind-the-wing view...just listening while I read the forums.   The sound of the engines, wind noise, 400hz hum is almost enough to put this exhausted beta-tester back to sleep! LOL....I could never fully sleep on a plane...I think I could in MSFS with this sound set humming in my ears (no crying babies), Hehe.

nTNxsz.png

• Like 2

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

@Steve Dra Is there an embargo on releasing repaints for the 737 until release time? I was looking at flightsim.to and there isn't anything to download yet.

Intel Core i5-12600k, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, 64 Gigs.

17 minutes ago, JSmith2112 said:

an embargo on releasing repaints for the 737

what? an embargo 😀 

"an order of a government prohibiting the departure of commercial ships from its ports"

how about an embargo for your very own 737 flight plans, make sure they have been approved by the 737-god himself.

Edited by turbomax

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

1 hour ago, flytrumpet767 said:

What Steve said. When I first decided that I wanted to learn to fly airliners in a more realistic way back in the fs2004 days (it was the LDS 767 that finally made me jump), it definitely was intimidating. But I followed tutorials and researched as much as I could. One book that was incredibly helpful was this one 

https://www.utem.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=20

Everything you need to get started is in there. Highly recommended.

Yup my first one was RFP 747-200 and I was like 15-16 😂 Intimidating is an understatement but it set the foundations for the knowledge I have today… that thick book it came with… man when I got all engines started, soo rewarding. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steve Dra said:

It was just a question to now. I do have the PMDG 737 for FSX and I know how to use it. I just thought that the developers migh have this option. I remember I had an easy program to create flight plans and import them in the 737. I forgot the name. Do you know one?

Edited by Stelios

Stelios Christofides

1 minute ago, Stelios said:

It was just a question to now. I do have the PMDG 737 for FSX and I know how to use it. I just thought that the developers migh have this option.

Oh ok...yeah I don't believe there was really a way to do it, and even if there was...I'm sure PMDG would elect not to do it.  It would be like this....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS8a77t_StL6dqHPkuTcPu

(putting whitewalls on a DeLorean) hehe

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

5 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Oh ok...yeah I don't believe there was really a way to do it, and even if there was...I'm sure PMDG would elect not to do it.  It would be like this....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS8a77t_StL6dqHPkuTcPu

(putting whitewalls on a DeLorean) hehe

What simple program you might have to create flight plans and import them in PMDG?

Stelios Christofides

13 minutes ago, Stelios said:

I remember I had an easy program to create flight plans and import them in the 737. I forgot the name. Do you know one?

Most of us use the free online web planner called simbrief.

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

1 minute ago, Steve Dra said:

Most of us use the free online web planner called simbrief.

Simbrief has a automatic downloader that you can point to the correct PMDG flightplans folder.  Once the plan is done, you can then easily import into the FMC.  Simbrief will also give you the correct fuel and ZFW (you can set to random or select number of pax) to load into the aircraft.

• Like 2

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000