Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Is anyone else seeing a 26 GB update tonight

Nothing here, and i have been in and out the sim a few times setting up different profiles for my controls.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

53 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Yes...it spins...checks...and moves on, Bob.

Not on my rig, this screen that says mandatory update just stays there and that is it. Can't get past it unless I update 30GB. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

14 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Not on my rig, this screen that says mandatory update just stays there and that is it. Can't get past it unless I update 30GB. 

Wait it out and backup config files. No idea why you are seeing it.  Saw a small handful of similar reports from others but they have not "yet" returned with the issue continuing.  Somehow this will work out!

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Steam user, tried several reboots and can never hook up with the ghostly "update".

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Had this weird update requests / login issues before and it usually corresponds with server downtime. Not at the sim this weekend but it’s reported at the MSFS forum. Seems like the safest option is to wait it out…

Cloud simming is certainly not without its cons. But storing petabytes of scenery data isn’t really an option for most either..

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

I got an "Unable to authenticate your installation..." message this evening. But I exited and reloaded the sim after that session and all was fine. Strangeness afoot tonight!

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

There was an update for me today.. the g1000 nxi updated and I had a scenery update also. Not 26 gig s.. makes sure it is  pointed st the right folder especially if you installed on another drive... cheers

Still down it seems. Major global outage. Cloud gaming, remote play, games and gaming a no go 🚫

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status

Good thing the PMDG wasn’t released today I guess..

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

47 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Then I think your system might have jumbled up a few files, that fools MSFS to thinking you have yet not upgraded to SU9.  It happens, usually during MSFS shutdown, or when Windows shuts down, and some open files attempt to write out.  I'd just let it 'install' again and write (overwrite) whatever muffed files were there already perhaps....

I just started MSFS twice and both time was confronted with a no internet connection box.  But at the time I was successfully streaming a live MLB game.  So there is obviously an MSFS system issue roaming around this evening.  May be intermittent and may roam regionally.  Who knows!  Rebooted my system and just successfully started MSFS with no update notices. 

I did check Content Manager and can confirm there is a small, quick WT G1000Nxi update.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

7 hours ago, odourboy said:

I got an "Unable to authenticate your installation..." message this evening. But I exited and reloaded the sim after that session and all was fine. Strangeness afoot tonight!

Same here ....

AHS712D Alvaro Escorcia KSGR/OMAA
AirHispania Virtual Airline
MSFS / ASUS TUF Gaming F15-Refresh-144Hz / 11GenIntel (R)Core (TM) i7-11800H
NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX3060GPU / 1TB-Samsung SSD / 32GB-RAM
SAMSUNG-SmartMonitor-M7-32"4K

10 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Is it possible you were still on beta?

:exclamation:Microsoft Store, Steam, and Xbox Beta users should leave the beta manually after SU9 comes out on Tuesday, April 26th. If you choose to stay in the Beta, you will be automatically removed on May 3rd and may receive another update at that point upon removal.

Ciao Michael

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, Palit RTX 4080 GameRock OC, 64GB Corsair DDR4 3600, MSI MAG X570S Tomahawk Max WiFi, LG C3 OLED 42" 4K Display, ViewSonic 16" Touchscreen.

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog + Pendular Rudder, Stream Deck XL, Tobii Eyetracker, TrackIR 5.

Windows 11 Pro 24H2 Insider Build

2 minutes ago, mwe_EDVK said:

Is it possible you were still on beta?

:exclamation:Microsoft Store, Steam, and Xbox Beta users should leave the beta manually after SU9 comes out on Tuesday, April 26th. If you choose to stay in the Beta, you will be automatically removed on May 3rd and may receive another update at that point upon removal.

I never was on beta, although now I feel like I am....

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I am just looking at the stuff that is in this update, and it it has things I never use like tutorials, aircraft etc,, and a couple of weeks ago I uninstalled things I never use, and I wonder if it decided to reinstall all this stuff..

I had a 125GB update appear yesterday and another 50GB inside the sim. Yes I'm PC and Yes I was in the Beta phase. Also lots of updates from Flightsim.to.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!