Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Is anyone else seeing a 26 GB update tonight

1 minute ago, SierraHotel said:

I had a 125GB update appear yesterday and another 50GB inside the sim. Yes I'm PC and Yes I was in the Beta phase. Also lots of updates from Flightsim.to.

Did you run those updates, and was it successful.?

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

12 hours ago, spesimen said:

just started it up myself for a friday flight. did not see an update dialog or anything unusual. i'm using the steam version 

cheers

steam  version is  always  a few  days  later  than the  rest

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Got it running finally, it did reset every control in MSFS. What a PIA. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

11 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Still down it seems. Major global outage. Cloud gaming, remote play, games and gaming a no go 🚫

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status

Good thing the PMDG wasn’t released today I guess..

Well, I knew something was off! Last night got the insert disc, authentication etc.! I should have not reloaded the X-Box app. Spent 2 hours last night re-setting the parameters for the sim including all my controller settings!

I think I am back to normality!

Flying at the wrong time bit me!

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level F-18 Hornet | Supersonic Medical Transport | Dubai to Abu Dhabi | First Mission in DCS World | 4K

Didn't have that but last night the game kept issuing popup messages regarding not being able to log me in, and going standalone mode ....

Today it's running ok so far.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

1 hour ago, SierraHotel said:

I had a 125GB update appear yesterday and another 50GB inside the sim. Yes I'm PC and Yes I was in the Beta phase. Also lots of updates from Flightsim.to.

A 125GB update wouldn't be an update, but a complete sim install. Are you sure you're not talking about 125 MB instead?.

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

1 hour ago, Doering said:

Spent 2 hours last night re-setting the parameters for the sim including all my controller settings!

That’s just… unacceptable. Can understand that the servers occasionally go down. But to have to reset all controller options? What a word not allowed 🤢🤮

I’m away for the weekend. Hopefully everything is as I left it before I left… I really don’t  want to have to setup profiles for single-engine GA, twin GA, FBW A320 as well as quad-engine airliner again.  On my keyboard, HOTAS stick and throttle…

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

3 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I am just looking at the stuff that is in this update, and it it has things I never use like tutorials, aircraft etc,, and a couple of weeks ago I uninstalled things I never use, and I wonder if it decided to reinstall all this stuff..

That's exactly what happened to me Bob. Got an 18G update screen asnd it put back everything I had deleted, aircraft, tutorials, etc - all the stuff I don 't use. AND it reset all my settings - not the controls, the hardware was fine, just all the camera, graphics etc.

THAT was a real PITA!

I assume it was due to the "unable to verify" error I was receiving.

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

12 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

That’s just… unacceptable. Can understand that the servers occasionally go down. But to have to reset all controller options? What a word not allowed 🤢🤮

I’m away for the weekend. Hopefully everything is as I left it before I left… I really don’t  want to have to setup profiles for single-engine GA, twin GA, FBW A320 as well as quad-engine airliner again.  On my keyboard, HOTAS stick and throttle…

In my case, all those settings were fine - it was all the other settings in the sim, grapohics, camera, sound, accessibility, etc that got reset.

• Like 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Thankfully nothing here in the UK and I've also deleted many GB's of tutorials, discovery flights, aircraft, liveries etc. Steam user. 

Edited by 6297J

11 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

In my case, all those settings were fine - it was all the other settings in the sim, grapohics, camera, sound, accessibility, etc that got reset.

Keeping a fresh backup of your UserCfg.opt  file would help you quickly restore many if not all of those settings.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

8 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Keeping a fresh backup of your UserCfg.opt  file would help you quickly restore many if not all of those settings.

Doh!  I backup my system regularly so I have the UserCfg.opt file - just didn't think of it.

<sigh>

1 hour ago, vgbaron said:

That's exactly what happened to me Bob. Got an 18G update screen asnd it put back everything I had deleted, aircraft, tutorials, etc - all the stuff I don 't use. AND it reset all my settings - not the controls, the hardware was fine, just all the camera, graphics etc.

THAT was a real PITA!

I assume it was due to the "unable to verify" error I was receiving.

PITA is an understatement.  Now this morning after I got everything reset ( lucky I had a backup of my User.cfg file on a backup drive so at least I got those settings back. ) I am back to square one for now.....LOL   

Now my PMS GT750 says the license is not active, because their server is down......😡

Edited by Bobsk8

I have suffered a complete disaster. This morning I tried to start MSFS and got a message about unable to verify. I tried again with the same result. Then suddenly the icon on the task bar disappeared, now nothing works at all. Stupidly, perhaps, I uninstalled then re-installed MSFS but with the same result. The launch icon is totally dead. I have tried launching from within Xbox that tells me I have MSFS installed. I am hoping tomorrow is another day and things will return to life.......

Incidentally I have the physical version, DVD.

19 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Now my PMS GT750 says the license is not active, because their server is down......😡

Bob, same thing for me. De-activate your license when you log in to the PMS50 site. Start the sim and re- enter your license via the setup in the GTN750. 

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level F-18 Hornet | Supersonic Medical Transport | Dubai to Abu Dhabi | First Mission in DCS World | 4K