Sign in to follow this  
OwenHewitt

Need suggestions for larger single engine prop

Guest jshyluk

I am a big fan of Aerosoft's BeaverX. A lovely aircraft! Jeff ShylukAvsim Product Reviewer

I agree- actually I have found the stock FSX C172 as real as any 172 simulation I have seen before (I fly this plane). What for me is really excellent is the trim stability. In an approach, I fly to the glideslope intercept at 2200RPM and 90 knots, then reduce the RPM to 1800 at glideslope intercept, and the airctaft will immediately assume a 90 knot indicated speed at around 500 fpm descent, excellent for a 3 degree glideslope. The FSX default model does it perfectly. I just can't wait to get the Reality XP GNS-430 installed into this bird.The other sim that has always done this correctly (at least in the 172) is Elite.Bruce.

Carl,On my lower end system AMD64 3500/ ATI 9800 Pro 256/ 1 gig RAM the C400 in FSX with SP1 frames are descent ( locked at 20 ) and holding it there....unfortunatley I can't run SP1 without blurries... frames with the C400 are an issue without SP1, barely holding on to 15 FPM on my system.cheersGreghttp://www.fs2crew.com/linepilot.jpg

>I am a big fan of Aerosoft's BeaverX. A lovely aircraft! Ahhhh yes, I have that one too. Just brilliant for bush flying.Just wish there was a bit more available for FSX in terms of GA aircraft.Cheers,Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern AustraliaCheck out my 5th Around the World flight with MS FSX at http://members.iinet.com.au/~portercbp/fly...W_05/index.html

Guest jshyluk

A little FSX GA prop aircraft that frankly surprised me with its quality would be the Aerospace Liberty XL2 from Eaglesoft. It's a very contemporary aircraft with a really high-end glass cockpit. You don't get much in the way of liveries, but what's there is appealing. What I enjoy about this aircraft is it's airfile: it's fast without being overbearing like the Mooney, it's agile, but not wild like the Extra, I found it to be an extremely stable and forgiving flight platform, even more than the Cessna. The VC is very nice (not as fine as the BeaverX, in my opinion), and in the same vein as the BeaverX, the cockpit is made for visibility and sight-seeing. In response to the original poster, though, the Liberty XL2 is much smaller than the BeaverX, so if you're looking for bigger aircraft, the Liberty XL2 ain't in it. Jeff ShylukAvsim Product Reviewer

>>I am a big fan of Aerosoft's BeaverX. A lovely aircraft! >>Ahhhh yes, I have that one too. Just brilliant for bush>flying.>>Just wish there was a bit more available for FSX in terms of>GA aircraft.>>Cheers,>>Chris Porter>:-outta>>Perth>Western Australia>>Check out my 5th Around the World flight with MS FSX at>http://members.iinet.com.au/~portercbp/fly...W_05/index.htmlHi Chris,Very nice RTW site you have going there - I'm glad that you've added the Columbia 400 to your hangar for the flight. It sure should do the trick on getting you across some of those longer legs. :)Best,Owen