Sign in to follow this  
Fiorentoni

Fenix A320 Release imminent within DAYS!

4 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

It's not how you market though.  It's a business and marketing mistake, a rookie mistake I may add, to not do a promotional and brand awareness before the release of a product.  Allowing beta testers to stream the Fenix A320 is free for Fenix, it doesn't cost Fenix a single cent.  That's a huge way to spread further awareness of the Fenix A320 (yes, believe it or not, there are still some people that are not aware of the Fenix A320).

This is similar to releasing a blockbuster movie that cost hundreds of millions of dollars to produce, with no massive marketing and advertising campaign, the month before the blockbuster movie is released.  Even if the blockbuster movie gets 10/10 ratings from critics and the general audience, you still need to do a marketing and advertising campaign one month before the movie is released, to maximize the ticket sales of the movies on its release. 

That wasn’t a release announcement though. There’s was no date mentioned, they don’t even know who the hotfix will be released. It was literally a response to a question asked by a member in his personal community. There’s time for promotional stuff, not sure why people are getting uptight over that lol.

Edited by johnnycaptain
  • Like 4

Jonathon James

3 minutes ago, johnnycaptain said:

That wasn’t a release announcement though. There’s was no date mentioned, they don’t even know who the hotfix will be released. It was literally a response to a question asked by a member in his personal community. There’s time for promotional stuff, not sure why people are getting uptight over that lol.

Yeah, that was the context I got out of that.  On the other hand, he just doubled down on his original reply...lol.  Either way, it sounds like they are pretty close, which is great.

Edited by Jeff Nielsen
  • Like 1

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

9 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

It's not how you market though.  It's a business and marketing mistake, a rookie mistake I may add, to not do a promotional and brand awareness before the release of a product.  Allowing beta testers to stream the Fenix A320 is free for Fenix, it doesn't cost Fenix a single cent.  That's a huge way to spread further awareness of the Fenix A320 (yes, believe it or not, there are still some people that are not aware of the Fenix A320).

This is similar to releasing a blockbuster movie that cost hundreds of millions of dollars to produce, with no massive marketing and advertising campaign, the month before the blockbuster movie is released.  Even if the blockbuster movie gets 10/10 ratings from critics and the general audience, you still need to do a marketing and advertising campaign one month before the movie is released, to maximize the ticket sales of the movies on its release. 

Like somebody already has said it’s not an official announcement that will come after the SU9 hotfix has been tested it looks so the rookie mistake isn’t warrant here I think.

Keep in mind though there is atleast 15k people on their discord and they’ve had over 50k views on there last video on YouTube when they start the promotional stage albeit a short stage which I think we all want. I don’t think we need endless videos everywhere for weeks tbh. 

Edited by Carts85

2 minutes ago, johnnycaptain said:

This is what I'm thinking too.  Fenix won't release until the SU9 hotfix anyways.  The topic title makes it seem like the Fenix A320 will be released within days - that is, within the next week.  I am doubting the Fenix A320 will be released within the next week, because if Aamir sticks to his guns, it will only come after the SU9 hotfix.  And they didn't do much of a promotional period yet, no beta testers streaming, no series of videos, etc.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

42 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Where do I file for bankruptcy ? Is the special program for simmers? LOL

You don't need to. I'm taking the poverty option and and am sticking with the FBW.

Operations manual needs some work still...

spacer.png

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

5 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

This is what I'm thinking too.  Fenix won't release until the SU9 hotfix anyways.  The topic title makes it seem like the Fenix A320 will be released within days - that is, within the next week.  I am doubting the Fenix A320 will be released within the next week, because if Aamir sticks to his guns, it will only come after the SU9 hotfix.  And they didn't do much of a promotional period yet, no beta testers streaming, no series of videos, etc.

Aamir also mentioned afterwards that new footage is on the way.

• Like 5

Jonathon James

56 minutes ago, Carts85 said:

True but announcing now means those guys that might feel the PMDG is a bit pricey or just slightly favour the 320 will now probably go for the Fenix. This will impact PMDG sales am sure.

can only speak for myself obviously, but I'm almost certainly not going to buy the PMDG if it does seem the Fenix is going to follow soon after

maybe I'll be the only one!

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Yes I think this is very weird from Fenix. I would have expected a series of videos, and even a lifting of the NDA to allow the beta testers to stream the Fenix A320.  That sort of promotional period with a video series and allowing beta testers to stream the Fenix A320 will only build up the awareness and hype further.

Going straight from no video series and no streaming from beta testers, straight to release, seems rather strange.

I find it quite refreshing actually the anti pmdg.  No frills no pomp just deliver the product and let it stand on its own. The consumers will decide its status in the end as all the products. Did it matter in the end if their was videos teasers and hype on other products? nope . 

• Like 1

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

Just now, EGLD said:

can only speak for myself obviously, but I'm almost certainly not going to buy the PMDG if it does seem the Fenix is going to follow soon after

I may actually wait until the MAX comes out or the 777 or 748, whichever comes out first.

• Like 1

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

1 minute ago, EGLD said:

You sir, will not be the only one. 

Talking about PMDG what we really wanted to launch first was the 737-800. Going with the 737-700 first maybe a good marketing strategy against no competition but now with the Fenix news may actually push people over to the Fenix if it does drop in the next week or so. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, wiler said:

I find it quite refreshing actually the anti pmdg.  No frills no pomp just deliver the product and let it stand on its own. The consumers will decide its status in the end as all the products. Did it matter in the end if their was videos teasers and hype on other products? nope . 

You can stay silent throughout the development period of a product.  But before you release the product, it's still optimal to do a promotional period to spread brand awareness and "hype"  up the product for release. This maximizes sales of the product - and Fenix, if they are a rational business, is in it to maximize the sales of their Fenix A320.

This is not new to 3rd party planes in flight simulators. This is a general marketing strategy for various industries.  I just mentioned the example of blockbuster movies as an example, who typically do a promotional period including heavy marketing and advertisement, about one month before the blockbuster movie releases.

No offense to everyone who thinks it's okay to just release a product without any promotional period, but that's straight up pretty d*mb.  There is no point of taking marketing courses or getting a degree in marketing, if you could just release a product like that, and hope to maximize your sales.  No marketing expert, worth their money, would do this as the product will not sell as well compared to a proper marketing/advertising campaign just before the release of the product.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

You can stay silent throughout the development period of a product.  But before you release the product, it's still optimal to do a promotional period to spread brand awareness and "hype"  up the product for release. This maximizes sales of the product - and Fenix, if they are a rational business, is in it to maximize the sales of their Fenix A320.

This is not new to 3rd party planes in flight simulators. This is a general marketing strategy for various industries.  I just mentioned the example of blockbuster movies as an example, who typically do a promotional period including heavy marketing and advertisement, about one month before the blockbuster movie releases.

No offense to everyone who thinks it's okay to just release a product without any promotional period, but that's straight up pretty d*mb.  There is no point of taking marketing courses or getting a degree in marketing, if you could just release a product like that, and hope to maximize your sales.  No marketing expert, worth their money, would do this as the product will not sell as well compared to a proper marketing/advertising campaign just before the release of the product.

I'm sure they'll stream it for about a week or so before releasing it.

• Like 1

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

Timing is everything in marketing.  Go all out too soon and you risk losing momentum.  Too late and it’s not effective.  I think a few weeks is all that’s needed to go into promotional overdrive.

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

Just now, Jeff Nielsen said:

I'm sure they'll stream it for about a week or so before releasing it.

Yes, this is what I expect too.  I think when they start streaming it, that's really the sign that it's about to be released (assuming Aamir is a rational business thinker).

• Like 1