Sign in to follow this  
Fiorentoni

Fenix A320 Release imminent within DAYS!

2 minutes ago, ShawnG said:

The Main deal is having to pay a premium, when you don’t need the premium features.  And the fact that half the study sim crowd throws poop at anyone who tries to do the middle thing, thus ensuring that expensive products with extremely long development cycles are the only options available (other than low end trash)  QW and things like the aerosoft bus are the sweet spot for me.  Also, high fidelity developers don’t feel they can develop a product unless they have copious mfg data, which is rational for that sort of product but it means that the only things they can simulate are older airframes, that the manufacturer doesn’t rigorously protect.  So, no 787, Airbus 220, or 350 etc…  

I’m happy that the high fidelity sims exist, I tend to own them for the reasons above, I just wish the high fidelity crowd would tolerate the other side better.  

You sir describe the phenomenon of flight sim folk standing on a line and seeing who can expel their liquid waste the farthest.

Im with you, its stupidly annoying and makes people look like losers at times.

• Like 1

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

49 minutes ago, ahsmatt7 said:

You sir describe the phenomenon of flight sim folk standing on a line and seeing who can expel their liquid waste the farthest.

Im with you, its stupidly annoying and makes people look like losers at times.

My pretend plane's better than yours because mines is study level and mines costed 70 pounds. Yawn. 

Edited by gb09f
  • Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, gb09f said:

My pretend plane's better than yours because mines is study level and mines costed 70 pounds. Yawn. 

Haha that’s funny lol

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Ok y'all need to stop. Nyxx was asked why he's still excited for the Fenix despite the existence of the FBW and he answered respectfully. The was no dung slinging of any kind so can we please quit the childishness?

• Like 11
  • Upvote 4

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

33 minutes ago, gb09f said:

Or conversely "My pretend plane's better than yours because mines is free with great features and you spended 70 pounds"

I've seen it go both ways around here to be honest, and there's really no need for this inter-aircraft rivalry & tribalism, we have enuff of that going on at the inter-sim level lol...  Perhaps it's a good problem to have for MSFS ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, i.e the diversity and types of available aircraft add-ons have grown to such levels... everything from cr*p to low to medium to high fidelity, and ranging in price from $0 to $80 and beyond 🙂

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

32 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

Or conversely "My pretend plane's better than yours because mines is free with great features and you spended 70 pounds"

All right, that's it. Now we're talking 😅

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

36 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

Perhaps it's a good problem to have for MSFS ¯\_(ツ)_/¯🙂

Absolutely. We're extremely fortunate to be in this situation. For the last few days I've been swapping between the FBW A32NX and the PMDG 737. Back in the good ol' X-Plane 11 times I could never have anticipated this. There's not even any time for GA (which I enjoy as well). 

38 minutes ago, Krakin said:

Ok y'all need to stop. Nyxx was asked why he's still excited for the Fenix despite the existence of the FBW and he answered respectfully. The was no dung slinging of any kind so can we please quit the childishness?

It's just friendly banter. I appreciate @Nyxx's view as well. No Molotov cocktails have been thrown yet (in this thread). 

• Like 3

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

2 hours ago, lwt1971 said:

I've seen it go both ways around here to be honest, and there's really no need for this inter-aircraft rivalry & tribalism, we have enuff of that going on at the inter-sim level lol...  Perhaps it's a good problem to have for MSFS ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, i.e the diversity and types of available aircraft add-ons have grown to such levels... everything from cr*p to low to medium to high fidelity, and ranging in price from $0 to $80 and beyond 🙂

I agree and gentlemen I actually don't care it's just about the fun and passion for aviation in whatever aircraft or virtual airspace for that matter... 

Everyone have a different level of immersions factor I have respect for all...

Edited by awf
  • Like 3

André

I just love that we're all using the newly created past tense verboid; spended. 

'Spent' is so 2021  😁

• Like 4

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Do we know yet how this add-on will be priced? If I had to guess, based on:

1) They're a new player (I think)

2) They're competing against a darn fine freeware model

3) PMDG has drawn a line in the sand

59.99 usd

• Like 2

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

11 hours ago, WestAir said:

You own a GTX 3070. Can you really down-talk someone who spends $70 on a game add-on?

What's a 3070 got to do with anything??

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

9 hours ago, lwt1971 said:
10 hours ago, gb09f said:

*taps forehead*

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

8 hours ago, odourboy said:

Do we know yet how this add-on will be priced? If I had to guess, based on:

1) They're a new player (I think)

2) They're competing against a darn fine freeware model

3) PMDG has drawn a line in the sand

59.99 usd

It's actually 69.99 USD, because I think the 320 compares more to the 737 han to the DC-6 I guess ... 

I am really interested in checking hw it get's priced, and above all how it get's done at release time.

Airbuses are undoubtedly my preferred airliners these days, in real life and in simulatoion 🙂

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...